Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 One Minute Wake-Ups
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2007 :  11:21:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi to all ~

Here's a short piece written by Susie Cortright that I thought some of you might appreciate and enjoy.

Doc

One Minute Wake-Ups to Brighten Your Day!

We all get frazzled. We all get overwhelmed and snappy. And we all need to re-center before we share that feeling with the rest of the world.

Here are a few one-minute "wake-ups" that will help you to re-focus on what's important...

- What are you thankful for? List as many "gratitudes" as you can in one minute. Don't think; just write.

- Recite one-liners: uplifting quotes or favorite Scripture verses.

- Close your eyes and listen to your life in all its noisy glory.

- Change your mental scenery. Close your eyes and imagine that you are somewhere else. Somewhere with sand.

- Drink a towering glass of cold water. Visualize it as an energy elixir (because it is.)

- Light a candle and enjoy a mini-meditation staring into its flame.

- Pray.

- Smile for an entire minute (This falls into the category of "fake it till you make it.")

- Listen to a behavior modification tape,

- Really look at your family. Leo Buscaglia once took a poll of college students. "What color are your mother's eyes?" he wanted to know. Only 20 percent of them could answer the question. Take an entire minute to look--really look--at your spouse or your kids. Strive to be fully present with them, one minute at a time.

- Read an uplifting children's book to your kids.

- Read a devotional or meditation.

- Be silent.

- Turn on some classical music. Close your eyes to listen.

- Jot a few things in your "Bliss Book," a personal journal that contains only positive thoughts, positive memories, positive ideas.

- Ask yourself: How can I find more patience, calm and strength right now?

- Write your own "wake-ups."

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2007 :  8:35:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
These are good. I like the one about looking to find the eye color.
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2007 :  9:56:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Scott:

Right on, man! Nothing tells a loved one that we don't really look at them more than being unable to say what color their eyes are, wouldn't you agree?

Doc
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2007 :  11:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would agree, and yet I haven't really noticed anyone's eye color...not even the people I cherish. Great thing for me to do from now on. Thanks Doc.
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2007 :  09:30:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

My pleasure....as always!

Doc

P.S. Happy St. Paddy's Day, Lad!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000