New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2007 :  05:07:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
emc wrote: May I just add as a paranthesis, that this sensitivity of feeling energy qualities and pick up "what's in the air" is very disturbing when it comes to sex, sensuality, flirt and social conduct, and that is why I am a bit obsessed about such questions every now and then in forum. I try to figure out that part very hard right now. The energies from men who are projecting "Ah, what a beautiful, sexy woman" are really sticky and yucki. Sexual energy stemming from any objectifying thoughts on women based on looks and form is perceived by me as very negative and non-loving. It is so much pure egoism in it that it makes me feel sick sometimes. My personal belief is that that is the actual reason why Jesus said:

‘Do not commit adultery.’ But now I tell you:
anyone who looks at a woman and wants to possess her is guilty of committing
adultery with her in his heart.

And that is why for example Barry Long and Bernie Prior speak so seriously about "do not gaze at women on the street". What you actually do is you spread negative energy and it is felt and absorbed by women, leaving them with so much garbage energy, which, according to Barry Long, even is the foundation of disease in women.

That's a very powerful statement emc.
I would be personally responsible for a lot of that adultrous gazing over the years.
I became aware of this kind of thing a couple of times only.
One was when I was changing in a changing room and realised there was a guy looking at me - yes he was gay. I have nothing against gays but the way he looked at me was quite disturbing and felt abusive. I could'nt figure this out for a while and then started to realise that this must be what many women must feel when they get looks like this from men.

Another time was when I was experimenting with celebacy. I was on a beach in Croatia for a week and was surrounded with beautiful sundrenched bodies. Each time I caught myself gazing and appreciating a body I internalised it and transformed it up the body with breathing. This worked very well but took a lot of discipline to continue.
After about a week I would sometimes notice men gazing a women. My awareness was heightened to the extent that I would cringe at the fact that I recognised myself in these men. I almost felt like distracting them from what they were doing, it really wasn't nice.
I'm not talking here about excessive behaviour, just your normal everyday respectable guy looking at a your average lady.

So I agree with what you say emc, but think we are a long way off being aware enough to stop doing it as a society.
Perhaps it will or has already started in small aware communities, which will eventually spread to the larger community.
I like Thich Nhat Hanh notion of the next Buddha being a community rather than an individual.
Ultimately of course it starts with the individual.

There is then the other question about "projection". The dynamics of projection (mirroring) apply to energy interactions in the same way they do to emotional reactions.
So really we should reach a state where being gazed upon in an abusive way no longer has an effect upon us. We would have cleared that up through purification of one kind or another.
Isn't it funny how projection always creeps up on us in the least expected ways, but ultimately if we are being true to ourslelves we will accept it and count it as a blessing.

I remember many years ago at a residential aikido event. The accomodation was mixed and a small French lady passed me by on the way to the showers, she wore a dressing gown which was slightly revealing. Not thinking my eyes automatically went to her cleavage, then becoming aware of this I raised them almost apologetically to her eyes.
Her reaction to this was beautiful for me. Instead of covering up more, she revealed a little more and smiled in my eyes. This was not a "come on" smile, it was a fantastic look of acceptance which ran through me like a wave of love.
I will remember this incident always because it contrasts so much with the usual "cover up" and "look of distain", which on reflection could also be regarded as abusive.
So maybe there are two sides to the story.

Louis

Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2007 :  1:50:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In bringing the interactions with others back to you emc, I didn't mean to belittle the very important points you are making.

The first step is intellectual awareness and the way you have described it from your own sensitive perspective is very much appreciated.

In the past one of the things I have done to attempt to engage harmoniously with women as I encountered them was to tune into my energy body via the chakra system. I would then meet the person consiously with all the main chakras. This used to work very well.

The theory being that when we engage with someone it is usually with one or a number of chakras, and this happens at an unconsious level. For instance the men you talked of would be engaging their sexual chakra with yours, or indeed other combinations.

Some people would see this kind of thing as occult and tampering. Personally I see it as a way of working within my boundries to engage in a harmonious way with people around me. Just a tool, like any other.
Now I'm more inclined to rely on inner silence and the witness, but then I havn't been thinking in terms of what you have been talking about.

I'd be interested in feedback from you with the chakra exercise, if you were tempted to try it. Or anyone else for that matter.

Louis
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2007 :  4:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sparkle,
Thank you very much for your posts. It gives me new input, and I am glad to hear you are so aware! Many would disregard this issue as irrelevant and belittle it.

Your first experience with the gay man: "this must be what many women must feel when they get looks like this from men." Yes, if it is unwanted. But most women are unaware and in the game, and take such looks as confirmation of their own importance and beauty and say "I love it". They get hooked on getting more of that, and think they need it. It brings fear of losing it and pain when it is not there, so they are stuck in the beauty fixing all the time in order to keep the attention of men. Do I need to say it brings competition between women? I'm sorry, but I'd guess that French little lady was just hooked on the game, unaware. And important to say - even beautiful women suffer from not being SEEN for who they really are. How can they know what they are actually appreciated for? The same trap as for a rich man, I suppose.

"So really we should reach a state where being gazed upon in an abusive way no longer has an effect upon us." Yes, that is the task of the "victim". To get out of the victimhood and purify, accept and love! Projection is of course a part of this. In the end it comes down to accepting the own body and healing personal wounds. I just find it to be such a sharp contrast between healing wounds of being black - and have the whole official world behind you, it is even a human right! - and being ugly - and have the whole official world against you, being scorned if you are protesting against the system, when the core of the problem comes down to being judged by the form of body parts. It is a greater task somehow.

I wonder what it would look like, and what reactions it would have caused if all posts here on forum which contain expressions of the right to enjoy beautiful, sexy women would be changed into expressions of the right to favour whites over blacks. I think many are not aware of this whole beauty complex. They do not count gazing, objectifying and flirting with ladies as "mud" on the spiritual path, and if they do, they are very reluctant to mind about it - life would become so utterly boring if awareness would be applied to this "evil" all the time. Minding about not discriminating blacks in anyway is however no effort because it is so obviously himsa. (I do not think gazing is evil, just to make it clear. It is just the way it is, but it is nevertheless mud!)

The chakra idea is wonderful, I think! I am not sure I understand exactly how you do it, but I can feel I meet persons most often only with heart chakra or ajna. I'll try to notice how it would be to focus on all. Are all the "main chakras" all six?

Again, Thank you very, very much for your reply!

quote:
It is all about the cooperation between the energies. Male and female energies have gone down together in a long and painful struggle. They will also rise together, for one cannot be balanced without the other. Now that the female energy is ready to rise from the ashes of humiliation and repression, there is an urgent need for a rebirth of the male energy. This rebirth of the male will become visible on a collective scale eventually, but it will first manifest in each of you separately, man and woman. You are all Keepers of these ancient energies within you, and it is your birthright to make their partnership equal and joyful. /www.jeshua.net
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2007 :  11:09:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
emc said:The chakra idea is wonderful, I think! I am not sure I understand exactly how you do it, but I can feel I meet persons most often only with heart chakra or ajna. I'll try to notice how it would be to focus on all. Are all the "main chakras" all six?

The way I would do this is to imagine the six centres root to brow opening up and being ready to engage with whoever I decide to engage with. When I meet the person I can ititially meet their six chakras with mine, then I forget about it.
If that feeling of all over engagement goes I may re-establish it again.
I was doing this before I started AYP and find now that I would be more inclined to have this overall body awareness without having to imagine it.

As you say it is important to manage the energies for social contact. Everything we do has boundries and always will have whilst we live in space time duality.
The more we surrender to the present moment through the development of inner silence, and in my case also the practice of mindfulness, the more we are in touch with the non-dual, which has no boundries.

Yet by actively and socially engaging in the world we must acknowledge the boundries and ethics of this. For instance we don't walk around the city naked, otherwise we will end up in prison.
On the other hand we could walk around a nudist beach naked without a problem. Different boundries for different occasions and the whole of social life is governed by boundries of all sorts.

On a physical level we don't act out our anger by clobbering someone with a stick, at least this is recognised as crossing a boundry in an unacceptable way by society.
On an energy level however there is little awareness of the way energy follows thought and how anger and hatred can hurt others.

I feel there is a lot of awakening to this and the things you have been talking about in in your above posts. It can be seen on shows like Oprah and books like The Power of Intention, The Power of Now etc.

The more it is talked about by sensitive people like you who can feel it so acutely the more that awareness will come into being.
When it is spoken about, out of inner silence, it will have the power of active surrender, where we are not trying to change anything but simply pointing things out, an act of samyama.

That's my 2 cents fwiw.

Louis

Edited by - Sparkle on Mar 18 2007 12:28:03 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000