Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 visual shaktipat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2007 :  07:58:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Do you think it possible to receive shaktipat visually, through the optical nerves? I've read that around 80% of our sensory input is visual, so it seems possible. Has anyone heard of someone temporarily losing their sight as a result of receiving shaktipat? The only example I can think of is Saul on the road to Damascus, when he was blinded by light. Was he blinded as a result of receiving shaktipat, or is it possible that he received it visually? (I don't have a Bible on me to check the details).

Your thoughts appreciated.

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 07 2007 08:04:08 AM

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2007 :  02:43:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Meg,
I received Shaktipat visually from a Yogi in the Himalayas. It was amazing. He just looked into my eyes. Afterwards things started buzzing and vibrating all over my body (inside actually, right up the middle). So yes... I believe it is possible, and quite common in certain places.
I don't know what happened to the guy on the way to Damaskus...? But I do believe that about 70,000 people received Shaktipat in Spain in 1917 via their third eyes. Check this thread...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mi...e_of_the_Sun

Looks likely that there was a visitation by some higher being who was female...

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2007 :  07:27:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi - Thanks for the link. Sounds like you had an awesome experience. In addition to the buzzing and so forth, did you see or 'experience' colors? or was it a full spectrum white? I'm interested in what you saw, if you remember. Also, were you already on a spiritual path? Or did this initiate you on one?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  05:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
In addition to the buzzing and so forth, did you see or 'experience' colors? or was it a full spectrum white?

Hi Meg,
Actually I didn’t experience any lights or colours. Here’s what happened. I went into this room to meet an old man. He was in his eighties. I was supposed to offer my blessings to his feet, because he was a great master Guru, but I couldn’t work out how I was supposed to do it, as I’d never seen anyone else do it. I asked him something; I can’t remember what, and then he replied. I looked at his eyes, and he looked like he was going to cry. It was almost as if he felt so much love that it made his eyes water. I looked straight into his eyes for about 5 seconds max. Then I left the room, and I felt the quickening start. This is more like a vibrational feeling inside, going up the middle of your body, like a silver cord shimmering. The quickening went up inside me and then started shooting out inside my head in all directions. Then parts of my head started buzzing on the surface. It is much purer and sweeter and less intense than a kundalini awakening. Less of the 2000 volt stuff and more of a sense of connecting to a more finely attuned and perfected plane of being. I had to sit down as I felt like I could have collapsed. I only went to see him once. I didn’t dare go again. This was just my experience of Shaktipat. And I should mention it was a spontaneous thing. The man I saw was not doing anything intentionally, at least not as far as I know.
I am sure everyone who experiences these things experiences it in a different way according to their individual nature. I was already on a spiritual path, and it happened about 15 years after my first kundalini awakening.
I was just wondering what prompted the question? Have you experienced Shaktipat through your eyes? Did you see colours?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  1:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
These conversations just reminded me of an experience I had in my early twenties.
I was in Calcutta heading for the docks and was crossing a small bridge. The streets were lined with beggers and I was just strolling along a few paces behind some friends.
I just glanced across the road and a woman, who was sitting on the road as a begger, caught my eye. We made contact only for a few seconds but in that I was rooted to the spot. The love and acceptance coming from her was so profound I can still see her now. I did not have any kundalini experiences other than the dramatic ups and downs I was having at that time, with all the meditation I was doing.
Her memory has been a great comfort to me over the years. It was like, although she was on the side of the street as a begger, she was the wealthiest person I have ever seen.

Don't know if this would qualify as a form of shaktipat.

Louis
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  1:45:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi and Louis, what beautiful, moving experiences. Thank you for sharing them...

light and love,

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  2:52:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, great stories. Christi - I'm interested in the effects of color, and how the interaction of colors affects the nervous system. And the fact that our nervous system spontaneously produces specific colors, and why, and when. thx 4 asking..
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  4:58:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.laweekly.com/art+books/a...health/6143/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000