New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  04:18:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jill,
quote:
At the time I feared I was losing my mind. Meditating brought up fear at times and it was a real struggle for years.

I guess eventually I learned that "there is nothing to fear but fear itself." So during my self guided retreat, I encountered images popping into my mind, some beautiful some ugly. I was able to just let the frightening things pass away. One day while watching these images arise and pass away, I noticed they emerged from this dark "nothing" and when I turned my awareness to investigate this "nothing," a beautiful indescribable bliss flooded my mind.

For a long time I searched for an explanation or validation for this experience.

Thanks for writing about this.

Yes, the absolute is darkness, or a void. It is black, absolutely black, and nothing exists in this darkness. When we are fully merged with it, there is no fear, there cannot be. Fear needs someone to be afraid, and in this void there is nobody. Bliss is a natural condition of the darkness. Creation pours out of the darkness in a continual flow of Divine light and vibration (movement). The darkness is in eternal wonder at the beauty of its manifestation. The darkness is fully contented in and of itself, it needs nothing and needs to do nothing to fulfill itself, and yet the creation eternally flows out of it. Everything can be seen from this darkness, everything that has ever happened. The light that flows from the darkness is incredibly beautiful. The light condenses into sound vibrations as it falls through the layers, but the darkness itself is absolutely silent. Sound, like fear could never touch it. the manifestation is eternally worshipping the darkness in divine praise of it's creator. Love is also a natural condition of the darkness, but it is a different kind of love than earthly love. It is the love that comes from knowing that everything is perfect, that everything is wonder, and everything is eternally connected through love and supported by love. It is a kind of all consuming love which leaves you completely destroyed in a way that is absolutely magical. When we are fully merged with the darkness we know that we have never been separated from it, and that we have never existed in time or space.

In yoga it is one kind of samadhi state (jhana ). Beautiful isn't it?

Yours in eternal wonder...

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  04:36:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps the Cosmos reflects our inner experience like this:

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imag...ure_805.html

Yes Jill its great to get confirmation like this, especially in a spiritual world dominated by light.
Not sure whether you know of Barbara Brennans work (I know Christi does), but here is an excerpt from a newsletter:

The void, that can be directly experienced while
in a deep state of meditation, can be found
on the level of the Core Star,
®
both in the
center of the Core Star and at its
outer perimeter stretching out
infinitely. The “black velvet void,” as I like
to call it to take away the fear that many
people project onto it, is teaming with unmanifest
life. It is possible to directly experience
this “black velvet void” and its teaming unmanifest
life within the Core Star. The direct
experience of this infinite boundless life is quite
wonderful. It is the source within us and within every cell of
our bodies out of which we build our human-energy-consciousness
system, our bodies and our lives. The Core Star
is our first manifestation out of the void into individuality.
The Core Star is like the opposite of a Black Hole. It spews
out manifest life! Heyoan described the Core
Star, the Black Velvet Void and your boundaries
in Seeds of the Spirit 1998 on pages
105–120. I teach that
information in PS4 Class 3.
All Brennan Healing
Science graduates know how
to work with the Core
Star. Not so surprisingly,
it is essential healing to be
done in either organ removal
or organ transplant surgery!
Why? Because it is our source; in
this case, the source of the organ.
Retrieving core essence to the body area
of the removed organ holds the energy of the
organ in place and enhances healing. Switching
core essence of the donor that was in the transplanted
organ back to the original owner helps heal the original
owner, whether or not he is still alive in the physical.
Replacing the donor’s core essence with the recipient’s core
essence from the discarded organ speeds healing of the
transplant and makes it easier for the body to accept
the new organ.
Since the Black Velvet Void, Brahma and the Zero
Point Field are the source of all manifestation, I think
they are one and the same. One is looked at from the
perspective of direct spiritual experience and the other
from the perspective of quantum physics. On the personal
spiritual level, we tap into it with a clear intention to
create life, what we want in life and our awakening.
From the point of view of physics, we hope to expand
our understanding of the physical world, develop equipment
that will solve our energy problems, measure and heal
our HECS and physically take us to the stars.

http://www.barbarabrennan.com/stude...Winter04.pdf (page 12)

Thanks Christi
Not sure from the way you wrote it, whether is was your actual experience or not.?
Do you know of a reference to this Jhana state?

Edited by - Sparkle on Apr 20 2007 05:09:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  06:52:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One of the problems i have with this theory is that it states it is possible to know what a void is. Who is the person experiencing it if they have no thoughts?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  11:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louis,
quote:
Thanks Christi
Not sure from the way you wrote it, whether is was your actual experience or not.?
Do you know of a reference to this Jhana state?

I was writing from experience. I am afraid I do not know of any references that describe this state in detail. Human language is not really geared up to giving descriptions of what is beyond the mind. That's why we so often see words like emptiness, infinate, unborn, unmanifest, undying, beyond (param). I believe (as Barbera Brennan does), that this is Brahma, the Purushotama, the Ishwara.

Hi Gumpi
quote:
One of the problems i have with this theory is that it states it is possible to know what a void is. Who is the person experiencing it if they have no thoughts?

At the risk of being a little contraversial here... thought has very little to do with knowledge, and absolutely nothing to do with Love. When we stop thinking (transcend the verbal analytical mind), we do not stop existing. We still know, but it is a direct knowing, not based on memory, or on any thought process. In this state everything is known immediately for there is nothing to cloud the mind.
Great question by the way... Who is the person experiencing it if they have no thoughts? Some say this is the greatest question ever asked, and the only question ever worth asking. The only question that can wake us from the dream.

Sorry I can't answer it.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  01:29:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

Gumpi,

That is the deep mystery. We talk about experiencing it but when "you" get to that point there is no "you" there.

Jill
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  05:13:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hehehehe :)
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  10:19:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Words have nothing to do with wordless experiences, of course. But words are one of the most universal and easy-to-use methods of communication. So we try to apply them even to situations they don't apply to. But they can still allude to the truth.

A person who has experienced the void can still attempt to talk about it later, even though, by definition it seems to be impossible.
Different people experiencing the void are likely to come out with totally different words to describe it, some of them might seem insane, some might seem like they don't know what they're talking about.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2007 :  08:44:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks you for all your contributions.
The conversations have given me a more complete understanding of the darkness.
There is of course the darkness in us, generally call the "dark side" mentioned my Meg which is different - it is the illusion, samsara, fear. This is not what we are referring to here.

From reading other's experiences and referring to my own, the thing I have noticed is that references to experiencing the Darkness or the Dark Void seem to be associated with a focus in the Dan Tien area, which is in the same region as the Core Star.

This would seem to check out with the Taoist reference to darkness and the fact that their main practice is Tai Chi, whose central focus is the Dan Tien.

My most profound experience of the Dark Void was after I was on that Soto Zen retreat which focused on the Dan Tien, Tan Den or Hara.
At the time I was also practicing a lot Aikido which had the same focus.

Barbara Brennan links the Core Star to the "Black Velvet Void".

It would be interesting to hear if other's have had a similar focus when experiencing the Dark Void or any sort of "loving warm dark experience".

Christi, thanks for your great post.

Louis

Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  05:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I attended a Bernie Prior satsang in Dublin over the weekend and was pleasently surprised when he started talking about the black or darkness.

His method of entering stillness is to go into the black, which, in his experience, is the source of all. His take on light is that it is movement within the black. Once there is movement there is light.

I think this also coincides with the Taoist experience and perhaps with the cave of Brahman, but to hear a live soul express it in a way that made so much sense was nice.

I have to say I had a sigh of relief when hearing all this, it makes so much sense to me.

Thanks to emc for recommending I go and see him.

Louis
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000