Enlightenment Milestones
 The Journey After Awakening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  10:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hi All,

There is a new video clip from Adyashanti, titled The Journey After Awakening", in which Adya converses with SRAD (Some Random Awakened Dude) about some of the dynamics of Awakening / Enlightenment - and specifically the subjective "feel", in daily life, of awareness shifting from the mind to the Heart, the differences in the awareness of Love (compared to the bio-emotional suffering-confusion which many spell L-O-V-E ), and what on-the-ground, day-to-day, experience of Oneness is like.

As Yogani, Adyashanti and other awakened teachers have emphasized repeatedly, the experience of living an Awakened life is actually a lot more "normal-seeming" (just without all that nagging suffering ), and each moment of daily life is actually a lot more profound - than our ego-minds would have us believe.

And, per the Samadhi thread in this section, and some of my other recent posts, I have enjoyed the grace (as Yoga would have it), and the great good fortune (as Zen would have it) of some major expansion in "practice results", from a life-experience standpoint, in my own practice and life, in recent times ... and the video linked above articulates my general, subjective experience very accurately and well, also.

So, hopefully the info in the video will be helpful to any of us "taking note" of enlightenment milestones, as we proceed in our yoga practice.

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman

PS - Please don't get caught up in the parlance, or the "map", if you decide to watch the video; the Zen map (which Adya speaks from, primarily) and Yoga map are somewhat different (though both seem to give very, accurate and efficient directions, especially in comparison to some of the other choices out there! ). The differences in the maps are essentially meaningless, and Adya's comments are easy to simply take in context ... but I thought it was worth mentioning the "map aspect" in advance, to help avoid confusion. Hopefully.

PPS - Semantically, there's a lot of cross-over between the terms Awakened and Enlightened. Loosely put, both Yoga and Zen (as well as other Advaitic traditions: Vedanta, Tantra, Ch'an Buddhism, Dzogchen Buddhism, etc.) tend to use Awakening when there has been, and is, experience of the Self, but there is still some vritti-action (illusory waves) goin' on. Enlightenment is usually reserved for the point when awareness has shifted completely to the "universal subjectivity" of the Self (Ramana Maharshi taught about this facet, extensively.) So, please don't focus on the term Awakening here, but rather, the benefits of connecting with our Self, which are spoken of in the linked video.

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  11:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have the DVD from which this is extracted. It's good, but very dense. I can only watch in snippets.

Random awakened dude is Loch Kelly http://www.lochkelly.org

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000