Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Repeating the mantra or letting it go?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shivakm

USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  10:26:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit shivakm's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been doing the meditation for about two months now. The feeling is really good. But I got confused after listening to Yogani's radio interview today. He mentioned that we repeat the mantra on the interview. My understanding from reading the text about deep meditation on this site was that I have to think of the mantra once after the first minute and just let it go and when I remember that I am off it, come back to it naturally. So, I just think of the mantra once and then when my mind wanders into other thoughts, I was picking it up easily? Am I supposed to repeat the mantra gently? and get back to it when I am not on it. Please clarify.

Thanks to all the wonderful lessons on this site and the posts on this forum.

Shiva.

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  10:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shiva and welcome to the forum!

It's good to hear that you got a good start in meditation. It is correct that we repeat the mantra. I will quote from AYP Lesson 13: http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

"...repeat it easily and effortlessly in your mind. If your mind wanders off into other thoughts, you will eventually realize this has happened. Don't be concerned about it. It is natural. When you realize you are not repeating the mantra, gently go back to it. This is all you have to do. Easily repeat the mantra silently inside. When you realize you are not thinking it, then easily come back to it."

Hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

shivakm

USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  11:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit shivakm's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Weaver.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  12:13:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Shiva. We are glad you're here!

Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000