Enlightenment Milestones
 satoris
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  7:41:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been noticing something more and more these days and wonder if anyone has similar experiences. Throughout my life, as far back as I can remember, I have had moments that I can only label as satoris, and lately they have been "coming back to me" so to speak. They have been for the most part hidden because they are timeless/spaceless/thoughtless moments. The only recollection I have, in an outward sense is the moment directly after each of these events when I would exclaim to myself "Oh, that was a beautiful, indescribable moment of complete understanding beyond explanation and I will try to mark this day in my memory so that I will never forget, and will return to this feeling if at all possible." I seem to be connecting to these moments, or actually returning to that moment. It's kind of a relief or satisfaction to begin to recapture that feeling, and it seems completely natural for this to happen. There is also some kind of an "answer" of stillness in it all

Edited by - Balance on Jan 08 2007 8:08:49 PM

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  04:20:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Balance

That's great!

quote:
I have had moments that I can only label as satoris, and lately they have been "coming back to me" so to speak.

Have you considered whether you are the one "coming and going" ?

If so..

quote:
I will try to mark this day in my memory so that I will never forget, and will return to this feeling if at all possible

...then the quickest way of returning to these moments (never mind the feelings - it is the moment you are after) is to not mark them to memory....to immediately forget them......so that they are not "limited" by concepts of thoughts and feelings.

It is always now that there is room for more.

All you have to remember is that you are not what you think you are.

This is a shocking revelation that always renders me quiet....

Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  06:47:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The most peculiar moment I have is when I have the totality of existence in mind and realize the wonder that it exists. If you really delve into that thought, it evokes the most humbling inspiration. Sometimes it can even be an alarming or sobering realization, in any given situation.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  3:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine and Kyman, thanks for writing.
Yes Katrine, I suspect it is the real me in that/those moments. It is a place I want to stay, hence the desire to mark the time. The "feeling" is an after-effect, a thought/memory thing trying to hang on to something that isn't a thing to hang on to. Hallucinogenic drug experiences were similar and hard to leave behind. These non-drug "satoris" though exist "right here" in the midst of everything; like finding myself coming out of a day-dream. Unlike the drug experiences they do not have the emotional traumas connected, just a small memory that quickly disappears. I suspect the moment is always happening and I only rarely register a glimpse in the mind. They are moments of revelation that I cannot put in words, or even thought. I can only talk "about" them as I am here
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000