For the ladies!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2007 :  2:10:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, Louis... the rest of the world is saying root chakra = red, second = orange. Why is she suddenly saying second chakra = red? Why should she be more trustworthy than all the others? She just offers another suggestion, and she wants to put the chakra on the front, by the pubic bone/base of penis? Pfff... I am more interested in WHY they all say different things! Many of them claim to be realized or have reached a very high level of enlightenment. Or... I am not so interested... It is just my comparing scientific brain going there again, seeking answers.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2007 :  3:43:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If I visualize my root chakra at the perineum and I visualize it red
- then it probably becomes red !
Visualising a certain colour to a certain chakra probably strengthens
that chakra. But I am quite sure that the colours of each chakra
do change - certainly in intensity (energy wise) - and also in shades
of colour.
I personally am not clairvoyant, so I don't see another persons chakra,
but those people who claim to see the chakras probably are differing
in the discription of colours because the chakras can have different
colours at different times !
Well, this discussion seems to go in a new direction,
may be we need to split up into a new thread: chakras for ladies and gents
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2007 :  6:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Sorry, Louis... the rest of the world is saying root chakra = red, second = orange. Why is she suddenly saying second chakra = red? Why should she be more trustworthy than all the others? She just offers another suggestion, and she wants to put the chakra on the front, by the pubic bone/base of penis? Pfff... I am more interested in WHY they all say different things! Many of them claim to be realized or have reached a very high level of enlightenment. Or... I am not so interested... It is just my comparing scientific brain going there again, seeking answers
In fact she does say 1st is red - like everyone else. You can check this again http://www.kheper.net/topics/chakra...kras-BAB.htm

She also has a scientific background and her book Hands of Light was and still is revolutionary. She sees the chakras clearly and has combined her esoteric work with science. See her profile http://www.kheper.net/topics/subtle.../Brennan.htm

What I see in all of this is that their is indeed confusion about exact locations of various centres around the root, some being minor chakras or centres. I think there are minor chakras all over the place, not only around the root but certainly also around the heart.

Of course nothing beats personal experience and with your interest in sex in association with specific body locations, perhaps you can make sense of it all.

Wolfgang, I don't see auras myself, but my understanding is that all the chakras contain all the colours, but each has a primary specific colour. This can be explained as having seven main vortices coming out from the sushuma and each of these has a colour but each of them also puts this colour around the whole body as a layer. So there are seven chakras with seven layers.
But I agree we can bring any colour anywhere we want with our mind.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  06:21:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louis
Thanks for bringing Mrs. Brennan in on this. She is an eminent psychic and has been doing chakra work for years. I am familiar with her work.
quote:
It is located in men at the base of the penis, and in women above the pubic bone, approximately one palm's width below the navel

I assume this quote is a reference to the root chakra. If Barbara Brennan thinks that the root chakra is located in a different location in women then this deserves some serious attention. This is what I wrote in another thread on this topic:
quote:
Personally I am not convinced yet about muladhara (the root chakra) being in the cervix for women. I am not a woman but... many people are psychic, and can see/ feel these chakras in themselves and others. Personally I feel the root chakra in women to be in the same place as for men, in the perineum, just in front of the anus. I feel this when I am doing chakra activations on women, and their feedback on what they experienced during the activation tie in with what I sense. I have also never heard of another psychic seeing this chakra in a different place in women than in men. I think it could be the second chakra that is being felt/ described in the thread you referenced. In men, I feel the second chakra to be in a fairly random position, a few inches below the navel, and inside the body, where the cervix would be if men had one. So that again, makes the case for women and men having the first and second chakras in the same place stronger IMO.

Christi

But just to show how flexible and open I am, I will go back to the drawing board and psychically re-check the location of the root chakra in a number of women that I am currently doing healing work with. I will report back on what I find.
As for colours of the chakras, I don't know if these are as set in stone as some people think. I once saw light shining out of my heart chakra. It was an intense red colour. In the books is says green or pink for heart chakra. I saw a brilliant white light entering my Crown once, and last time I saw my ajna chakra it was blue and yellow (or maybe indigo and gold?). Or at least those were the colours of the Sushumna nadi extending forward from the ajna chakra. So what colour is a chakra? I don't think the Indians go along with the colours of the rainbow thing. I think it is more of a western model of chakra colour interpretation.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  09:48:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great fun reading Barbra Brennons site. All chakras may be associated to all colours and all others have totally misunderstood pretty much everything about chakras:

quote:

Muladhara - root chakra: location - externally, perineal region, close to anus

Svadhistana: location - externally, genital region

So - she puts the primary chakras EXTERNALLY! They are not even in the body. It is the secondary chakras that are located in the body, and they "correspond" with the primary chakras on the outside. Three chakras correspond with muladhara, and that is the perineal, sacral and coccygeal centres:

quote:
The Perineum centre - often but incorrectly called the Muladhara or Base Chakra - thus constitutes the red or broadcasting pole in the universal energy stream that enters through the crown centre (the violet pole).

Sacral centre: is located a little above the tip of the coccyx, or in the sacrum above the coccyx.

The Coccygeal Centre - sometimes identified with the Muladhara or "Root Support" chakra in Tantric literature, and the Chang Qiang in Taoism - is located by the coccyx or "tailbone" and the base of the spine.

So, according to this... in spinal breathing we have a lot of choice where to end our route! I have begun to just let it flow wherever it wants to, from somewhere when I reach the tailbone. I just sort of wave goodbye and say "go look for your own way" and I just trust the energy knows where to go down there in the bottom region! Hahaha!

Edited by - emc on Feb 11 2007 09:50:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  11:16:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In fairness that is not Barbara Brennans site. It is someone elses and they seem to have combined Brennans work and Mantak Chia work.

With regard to the chakras being external, they start from centre of the spine and spiral out.

quote:
It is located in men at the base of the penis, and in women above the pubic bone, approximately one palm's width below the navel [Chia, p.187]. It supports the genitals and the sex-drive. The sexual organs themselves also possess their own minor chakras which are responsible for sexual functioning and the sex and reproductive instincts, but these chakras connect to the rest of the energy system of the organism through the Pubic Chakra in the front, and the Sacral Chakra to the rear

The Pubic Chakra corresponds to the emotional or feeling side of sexuality. Its usual colour is red, and it is associated with the earthy, sensual, present-centred individual.

This statement is referencing the second chakra, I think the reference to it being red, in the last two lines, is a misprint (it does not coincide with the rest of that site).

Christi you said:
quote:
Personally I am not convinced yet about muladhara (the root chakra) being in the cervix for women. I am not a woman but... many people are psychic, and can see/ feel these chakras in themselves and others. Personally I feel the root chakra in women to be in the same place as for men, in the perineum, just in front of the anus. I feel this when I am doing chakra activations on women, and their feedback on what they experienced during the activation tie in with what I sense. I have also never heard of another psychic seeing this chakra in a different place in women than in men. I think it could be the second chakra that is being felt/ described in the thread you referenced. In men, I feel the second chakra to be in a fairly random position, a few inches below the navel, and inside the body, where the cervix would be if men had one. So that again, makes the case for women and men having the first and second chakras in the same place stronger IMO.

This sounds right to me.

On reviewing all of this I still think Yoganis positioning is correct and will be recommending it to the women in my group.
I look forward to both emc's and Christi's experiental outcomes.

Louis
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  2:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

I have begun to just let it flow wherever it wants to, from somewhere when I reach the tailbone. I just sort of wave goodbye and say "go look for your own way" and I just trust the energy knows where to go down there in the bottom region! Hahaha!

Good one, e! I have a nice vision of you hanging out down there, leaning against your tailbone and waving at your energy. I generally use that down time to think about what's for breakfast/dinner.

Regarding color: I've read a bit on this, and am hard pressed to find 2 authors who agree on which colors are present at which chakra. IMO the confusion exists due to the after effects of color; that is, if you see a brilliant red, it will inevitably be followed by a green after effect. We've all experienced it - stare at a patch of any color for a minute, then stare at a white wall, and you'll see that color's complement (its opposite on the color scale). It may be that the color represents the stage of opening rather than the chakra itself. The widest opening is when all colors of the spectrum are present and there is the white light that Christi experienced at his crown. My observations are limited to my own experience; those who have done healing work (Louis..) have a broader view. (Christi - this [sorta] answers the question you asked me at the end of your post on 'visual shaktipat').

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  06:34:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louis,

quote:

With regards to chakras in Western society Barbara Ann Brennan is regarded as one of the best sources.
A link to some of her stuff is

here:http://www.kheper.net/topics/chakra...kras-BAB.htm
http://www.kheper.net/topics/chakra...kras-BAB.htm

In it you will read:

It is located in men at the base of the penis, and in women above the pubic bone, approximately one palm's width below the navel [Chia, p.187]. It supports the genitals and the sex-drive. The sexual organs themselves also possess their own minor chakras which are responsible for sexual functioning and the sex and reproductive instincts, but these chakras connect to the rest of the energy system of the organism through the Pubic Chakra in the front, and the Sacral Chakra to the rear

The Pubic Chakra corresponds to the emotional or feeling side of sexuality. Its usual colour is red, and it is associated with the earthy, sensual, present-centred individual.

I was getting confused here. I take it the quote starting: "It is located in men at the base of the penis... etc." was not actually a quote from Barbara Brennan, but from the author of the website, who also used some of Barbara Brennan's material. I was getting confused because I have read a lot of Mrs. Brennan's work, and she uses one set of diagrams to give a graphical representation of where the chakras are. I do not remember seeing different diagrams for men and women.
Hi EMC,
With reference to chakras being in vague locations... this is not my experience. If you take any chakra between no 2 and no 5 this is what you get. A pinpoint of white light located just in front of the spine in a fixed location. From this white light emanates a spiral of energy coming forward, in a cone shape expanding from the white light. The spiraling expanding cone of energy is not fixed but can wave around as if it is in a breeze, it always flows out of the point of white light which is fixed. There is another identical cone shaped spiraling energy coming out of the back of the chakra. So the word chakra is used to refer to the pinpoint of white light in its fixed location, and to the whole double spiral whirling arrangement. The sixth chakra is the same but with the fixed point of light being in the centre of the head. The 1st and 7th chakras are the same, except there is only one cone of spiraling energy going straight down in the case of the 1st chakra and straight up in the case of the crown chakra.
So the chakras are located inside the body, but we can talk about external locations which is where the chakra energy passes through the surface of the body. When we are doing healing work such as laying on hands, it is the external location that we use to locate our hands, but we are activating the star of light just in front of the spine (or inside the head).
O.K. I have just conducted the first experiment on the first willing female volunteer Here are the test results: (drum-roll please )
I activated her 1st and second chakras and then asked her to tell me what she could feel. She said she could feel two spiraling energies coming out of her, one coming forward, one going out of her back, but both coming from the same place. I asked where that place was and she said from around her cervix. I then said, "from in front of your cervix or behind it?" and she said behind. Then I asked if she could feel any other spirals of energy. She said she could feel another one going down and out of her perineum. I asked her if she could locate a point in her body where this spiraling energy was coming from and she said that she thought it was from the same point as the other two spirals.
I thought this was worthy of reporting on as it ties in with this diagram of the chakra system that Louis referred to above:
http://www.kheper.net/topics/chakra...kras-BAB.htm

This is one of Barbara Brennan’s diagrams and is based on her works. This is I believe the diagram that she uses to describe the chakra systems from both men and women.
So it could be that the first and second chakras share the same focal point, but that the energy spirals out in different directions. Or maybe the focal points of the first two chakras are very close and difficult to distinguish. But then when activated we experience the energy flows in completely different places in the body, in the pelvis, sexually in the case of the second chakra, and at the perineum in the case of the root chakra.
This could explain some of the confusion that has been experienced. It would explain why some women feel the root chakra at the cervix, whilst others feel vibrations at the perineum.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Feb 14 2007 07:21:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  11:22:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi said:
quote:
O.K. I have just conducted the first experiment on the first willing female volunteer Here are the test results: (drum-roll please )
I activated her 1st and second chakras and then asked her to tell me what she could feel. She said she could feel two spiraling energies coming out of her, one coming forward, one going out of her back, but both coming from the same place. I asked where that place was and she said from around her cervix. I then said, "from in front of your cervix or behind it?" and she said behind. Then I asked if she could feel any other spirals of energy. She said she could feel another one going down and out of her perineum. I asked her if she could locate a point in her body where this spiraling energy was coming from and she said that she thought it was from the same point as the other two spirals.

Drum rooooooooooollllllll indead Christi.
What a great confirmation. The base chakra being felt at the same intersection as the second chakra is interesting. Its like the front and rear 2nd and the base converge at one point, perhaps. Or I wonder is there an additional point at the perineum, what do you think?

Louis
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2007 :  07:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louis,
quote:
What a great confirmation. The base chakra being felt at the same intersection as the second chakra is interesting. Its like the front and rear 2nd and the base converge at one point, perhaps. Or I wonder is there an additional point at the perineum, what do you think?

I'd go along with the root chakra and the second chakra either having the same location in the body, or focal points very close to each other, with the energy of the root (base) chakra spiralling out of the body through the perrineum. And as Yogani says, eventually the energetics of the Mulladara (base/root) Chakra expand to include the anus/ rectum. I have experienced this in myself. And I would say that this is the same state of play for men.
In terms of our spinal breathing practice, as I understand it, the practice is designed to create an energetic connection between the root chakra and the ajna chakra. So for this, bringing our attention between the perrineum and the brow would work, whether we are female or male, and IMO would be a safer route to take than brow to cervix, as we may get confused with the sex (second) chakra. The energetics of the root chakra are definately in the perrineum, even if the focal point of the chakra isn't. But don't forget, the "research" that I did was with only one woman, it hardly constitutes a thorough scientific study. But what I found seems to make a lot of sense for me, so I won't do any more trials unless something else comes up. As you can imagine for myself as a man, activating a woman's first and second chakras is a delicate matter, and not something that I care to do lightly.

Christi

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000