Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Cave of the heart?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HassanAK

Lebanon
4 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2018 :  4:30:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've seen people refer to this space as the cave of the heart, the sacred space of the heart, or the tiny space of the heart. Can anyone share their experience with this space? Was your experience to go there deliberate? or a natural consequence of practice?
Apart from that, I was thinking about whether a DM centering technique such as the solar centering can be used in this space?
Is it possible to be permanently located in the heart or the solar plexus etc in our daily lives?
Thank you apologies for the multitude of questions!

Hassan

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2018 :  10:37:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hassan,

Different traditions use different terminology, some referring also to a tiny heart chakra on the right side of the heart. In AYP we talk about Anahata as the spiritual heart chakra. Some lessons referring heartopening practices:

www.aypsite.org/220.html
www.aypsite.org/221.html

It is possible to be located in the heartarea or solar plexus during daily life, first by practices and later it will happen naturally. Reading through the lessons might give you insights.

PS Heartchakra and solar plexus is not the same:
a lesson on solar centering
https://www.aypsite.org/368.html

Edited by - Charliedog on Oct 26 2018 10:47:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

lateralus

USA
59 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2018 :  01:02:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I found through my own experience,the cave of the heart is the silent,still,empty(objectless)or shunya(void),placeless place,where one is purely absorbed in the attributeless Self or infinite awareness(parabrahman). In my experience,it wasn't/isn't,deliberate. Practices plus "right" knowledge,or Jana (knowledge of truth),through means of scripture such as Ashtavakra Gita and other text's,or"spoken truth" by a legitimate guru,can lead to experiencing the cave of the heart. My first was after "intently" listening to this talk by Sadhguru. After hearing it,a couple of days later I went to take a nap,but instead,fell into a "meditative" nap,or what I believe they call the Turiya state. The state beyond deep sleep. The thing with "spoken,or written truth" is that it's not the person writing or speaking,Truth itself is speaking, through the guru and/or scripture. Real truth doesn't have to be remembered,it goes through/beyond the mind/intellect,and takes seed in the heart of it's own accord.

Also,through devoted practice,one can enter the cave or state of nirvikalpa samadhi. This state ime is not a "permanent" state or the state of enlightenment,which is what makes it an "experience". Experiences and/or deep samadhi's, are nice and motivational for Bhakti,but also temporary. Truth,or one's Self,is neither temporary,nor an experience.

Sadhguru video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blNgfZcfV2A
Go to Top of Page

Soundless

Sweden
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2018 :  3:01:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is it common to become sick and get flu like symptoms the days after doing heart focused meditation? If so, why does this happen?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000