New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  5:40:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Doc,

I'm not sure you were only doing what you just said you were doing, but in any case stop well short of the linked Mad Magazine pictures.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Dec 03 2006 7:08:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  5:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scott

Here you are, Ether:

http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~dna/kefirpage.html

Thanks Scott, I hadn't heard of them. For anyone else; they are not "grain", but cultures of the kefir bacteria. Don't think I'll be trying that kind of test. I take pro-biotic bacteria now and it works very well. i try to do everything in moderation. I do love kefir though.
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  10:11:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
David:

C'mon, man! Alfred E. Neuman is the Ultimate Dork...and alot of goofy, light-hearted fun, isn't he? You didn't chuckle even a little bit when you saw his alternative depiction of how the relationship between the apple and the arrow should really be?

Hari OM!

Doc

Edited by - Doc on Dec 03 2006 10:56:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  11:10:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I suppose he is a bit of a dork when I think about it. OK, I'll laugh now.
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  12:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's the spirit, David! Now take a good look at that picture again, and tell me that Neuman isn't a genius. And with brilliant solutions like the one shown there, we now know why he always says..."What? Me worry?" LOL

And I heard that Neuman was really into yoga and tai-chi et al back in the 60's as well. Check it out:

http://homepage.mac.com/mmtz/stcomi...s/mad60s.jpg

Hari OM!

Doc

Edited by - Doc on Dec 04 2006 12:58:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  12:26:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As for david's point about the scripture being incorrect.. I am more inclined to believe that this has been a translation error. How many copies of the text have been made between the original script and the english version that reached us? Quite a few I'd imagine. In many languages green means unripe. In English such use of the word is less common.

After reading HYP I realised that alot of the most important AYP practices are based on it or at least are in harmony with it eg. Siddhasana, Kechari etc.. So I believe it would be a waste to disregard the importance of this scripture because of a few minor errors which could be the result of mistranlations/misintepretations.

Not defending anything here.. just don't want you to throw away a Ferrari because of a flat tire.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4381 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  5:45:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I was living in the Himalayas once, in a Buddhist monestary. The monks there advised me not to cook green vedgetables. I asked them why, and they said it was because they have a large surface area, and insects lay their eggs on the leaves, and if you are not really carful washing them, you can get really sick.
Just remembered that when I read this thread.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  7:21:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Seems to me that would be a good reason TO cook them.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4381 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2006 :  2:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Seems to me that would be a good reason TO cook them.

Hi Etherfish,
Sorry, I didn't mention... they don't eat them raw at all, for the same reasons. Actually I don't remember seeing them eating anything raw in the 6 months that I was with them.

L&L

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000