Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 a pleasant practice today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  12:40:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I had an interesting practice session today.
It was during a drive out in the central valley in california. I decided to take a break from the road and find a place to sit and practice. I found a new housing development with a park and sat on a bench under a gazebo in the park as the sun set. It was a little chilly and I had on a leather jacket and western style hat on and just sat and started my pranayama. Well the first thing that happened was a kid on a skateboard decided to play on the steps near me and the noise of the clattering was a bit of a disturbance on the quiet cool night but I didn't want to be a grouch so just sat through it and after a little while he left. Then the energy really started to flow inside and it was a deeply relaxing practice with alot of ecstatic energy currents flowing through. mantra practice was effortless and delightful but when I finished and opened my eyes I was a little startled to see an older Indian man with a turban and a fluffy white beard sitting on the bench across the gazebo facing me deep in meditation himself! He opened his eyes shortly after I did and our eyes met and we brought our hands together in namaste to each other. We talked a little and he asked if I lived nearby and I said no. It turned out that this was his regular spot to sit after his evening walk and I imagine that seeing me looking so western deep in meditation must have been as strange to him as seeing him sit there when I opened my eyes. He had a warm glow about him and I felt particularly happy as I headed for the car for the rest of the drive.

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  02:09:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LoL. Nice!
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  04:38:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful experience!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  09:01:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That sardarji must have been pleasantly surprised to see a yogi in a cowboy hat
Nice story Victor... thanks for sharing that.
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  12:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like to think that was Krishna who appeared as a skateboarder first and then changed into something more conventional after you passed the test.

Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  2:08:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice story Victor and I'm going with Yoda's observation!
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  11:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nice to know i passed :)
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2006 :  01:22:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Victor, for sharing a beautiful experience. An ahhhhhh.... moment.... :)
Go to Top of Page

mdlr

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2017 :  2:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice thing. Thank you for sharing this.

Edited by - mdlr on Aug 04 2017 11:23:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

ausman

4 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2017 :  2:22:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's the power of group meditation which you felt.

A U !!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000