Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Need to check in after years of practice...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thezuck

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  01:23:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit thezuck's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi AYP...
So I was hoping I could get some feedback on my progress with yoga and AYP. I have been practicing AYP techniques for about 6-7 years off and on. At this point, Im pretty regularly sitting twice a day....SBP and DM. My energetic flow is intense...and this is where I have concern. I find the energy very pleasurable. My automatic yoga movements are pretty extensive.... twists, squeezing of the face muscles, forward and back bends etc... And kechari is continuously pushing my tongue in and out of my mouth. One worry I have is that when I imagine deepening Kechari it puts me in a very erotic sexualized state. For some reason the practice....dare I say....turns me on. My practice itself is very sexually expressive (Im a male) and seems to be a prevalent theme of my experience.

During my practice, Im able to stay pretty focused on the mantra and definitely have a sense of oneness and clear awareness. My daily life is pretty normal...pretty balanced emotionally considering I separated from my wife 5 months ago.

So my question is whether this is normal and just a stage.....or am I blocked at an energetic level and its causing all of these manifestations? Is it being so sexual something I need to work on? Do I need to get laid? :) Should I be bringing a more "heart centered" approach to my practice somehow to purify my connection to the higher being. Sometimes it feels like I am debasing something that should be sacred and disciplined.

Another important item is that I have been so busy that I havent had much time for physical exercise. Not sure if this is related but maybe so?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. This exploration has been fascinating, rewarding and enjoyable..... but this community is the only one I can go to for these questions.

Thanks in advance...

Edited by - thezuck on Jul 18 2017 01:30:31 AM

Nirguna

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  04:17:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi thezuk.

I will leave answers to more experienced yogis on this forum. All your experiences seem very normal. I have been doing it only 4-5 years so I do not feel worthy of giving you advice apart from telling you that you are doing really good. AYP is really working for you. Looks like you are going through a lot of purification and pacing yourself right.

Enjoy the ride :)
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  05:15:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah.. the delights of Shakti Goddess. Sounds like you need to scale back a little, self pace.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  06:33:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Once I read here on the forums 'my practice became the lover I always wanted'

On the other hand, if there is too much ecstasy, self-pace is needed.

Did you check out the tantra lessons on bramacharya? For example this one www.aypsite.org/T45.html

Edited by - Charliedog on Jul 18 2017 06:34:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  4:03:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello thezuck!

This is from lesson 78:

Q: I have formulated a theory that the sensuous pleasures of kundalini are connected with purifying the channels and that later they diminish and things behave more normally.

A: Yes, I agree that pleasure is one of the main avenues of awakening.

Enlightenment is the rise of ecstatic bliss. And, yes, it does become quite normal. It is our natural state. That is the natural progression of experience when we undertake siddhasana, as discussed in the recent lesson. Your theory is well on the way to being proven. These experiences are real for those who have the prerequisite purification and have successfully tackled the sexual connection. In time, there will be increasing evidence of this among the people. It is the truth. Maybe humanity is mature enough now to enter into ecstatic experiences without superstition or guilt. We'll see.

In all of our ecstasy, let us not forget our daily meditation. It is the core practice. Pure bliss consciousness is the prerequisite for all spiritual progress. (Yogani)

So you see, it is normal and just a phase, and most likely related to ongoing purification, an experience that will come and go. Remember our spirituality is fueled by our sexual essence flowing upward so it is of no wonder we can experience sexual pleasure and arousal while we meditate, and nothing to feel guilty or shameful about. Observe; enjoy; surrender attachment.

PS: The observation that arousal might be related to your physical inactivity most likely is not a direct link, but something you should challenge yourself to improve. Our bodies are our vehicles in this incarnation and we should foster a loving attention to its condition. With the rise of ecstatic bliss, asanas begets arousal; my asana class has transformed into celebration of "the body electric", another indication how yoga reveals your true self. Now is the time, yes?

Edited by - Dogboy on Jul 18 2017 9:53:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4370 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2017 :  5:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Thezuck,

There can be a stage of the journey which feels very sexual. It is the stage after kundalini is awakened and whilst the first two chakras are being purified. This is perfectly normal. Also, the desire to move beyond this stage is normal too. After all, not many people take up spiritual practices in order to feel more sexual.

This is from lesson 75:

"Our purpose in yoga with regard to sex is to expand its use upward, adding something more in addition to the externally oriented reproductive function. We want to train sex to support our inner spiritual transformation. We have covered this principle in the lessons before when we first discussed kundalini and mulabandha (Lesson 55). Now we are taking it a step further. When we cover tantra yoga methods, we will add other things, also leading in this same direction." [Yogani]

and this is from lesson T15:

"The "bucking bronco" of siddhasana will settle down eventually. Then you will find ecstatic bliss trickling up and down all through you. Lustful pleasures will seem a small thing then, and will slip from consciousness during yogic sexual stimulation, and in regular daily activity as well." [Yogani]

In terms of moving sexual energy higher up in the body, so that it begins to serve a more spiritual purpose, there are several factors involved. One is time. Simply using the AYP ptractices over time will naturally cause prana to rise up through the body bringing it increasingly to the higher centres, where the experience is more of ecstatic bliss.

The second is brahmacharya, or the retention and cultivation of sexual energy. This will play a powerful role in bringing energy upwards to the higher centres.

Then there are particular practices that can be used to stimulate energy in the higher centres, such as kechari mudra, dynamic jalandhara bandha, yoni mudra kumbhaka, heart breathing and so on. These are advanced practices and are best taken on when you get to them in the lessons. But if you are keen, and you have not taken them on already, there is no harm in reading ahead so you know what is coming.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2017 :  9:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back Thezuck! So from my perspective (not being a male) I've understood that with males, an excess of sexual arousal (testosterone as I see it) can be greatly discharged through physical exercise. As a woman, I can vouch for the value of holding back on orgasm to preserve the kundalini energy and bring it up, but to be honest I don't know to what degree that applies to men. Perhaps releasing with another partner (if that jives with your values and lifestyle) would be helpful, yet you would not be preserving it?

Regardless, I think physical exercise (martial arts, boxing, yoga, all of it) would be really helpful. I'm wondering now the correlation between testosterone and kundalini? Wishing you the best Thezuck and welcome back! Best, C
Go to Top of Page

Nirguna

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2017 :  06:58:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chard.

There are answers to your question in Jana Dixon book Biology of Kundalini available for free in pdf file...

http://inthegno.com/wp-content/uplo...undalini.pdf
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2017 :  10:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Nirguna! I was just about to print out this fascinating article but then realized its 500 pages! But the parts I skimmed were very interesting and I only wish I had this article 10 years ago! I imagined that by now the word "Kundalini awakening" would be a household name but I'm still amazed that it is so rarely understood (at least where I live). Glad to have this forum and grateful that during my initial awakening 10 yrs ago that I did have 2 people who had experienced it themselves and were able to support me through the process! Thank God! Otherwise, God only knows I would have committed myself to a psyche ward!!
Thanks Nirguna!
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2017 :  03:28:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's not either/or, sexual or spiritual. Kundalini is both, but it manifests differently as it moves up through the chakras. The erotic feelings are part of purification, not something negative. Your use of the words, "debasing something that should be sacred," suggests judgement or self-criticism. It is sacred. Let go of judgement and just offer the ecstasy up to your ishta with gratitude, neither clinging to nor pushing away the experience. It is natural and normal. Your erotic imagination w/ regard to higher states of ecstasy is accurate as far as it goes, having no other reference point for comparison, but sex per se is a mere shadow or dim echo of the deeper spiritual ecstasy that awaits as kundalini rises, purification continues, and everything eventually flows without obstruction. Bhakti can be central to this process, depending on what kind of relationship you have w/ your ishta. Also since you mentioned physical exercise, yes, asana or tai chi may be helpful in keeping the energy flowing and preventing it from getting "stuck" in the lower chakras, as well as being beneficial to the overall health of your bodily temple.
Go to Top of Page

ausman

4 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2017 :  2:38:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I am on mobile, so can't type a long answer. But according to my knowledge, for experienced practitioners, the meditation should be done without setting any objective. We should embrace what ever we get in this journey. But we shouldn't keep an eye on any specific purpose.

Meditation is all about surrendering ourselves to the nature, without demanding any type of reward. When we do the practice this way, we'll get what is important for us.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000