Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 AYP and injury
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2018 :  12:58:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My practice has been spotty for the past few months. A few weeks ago I slipped on the ice and broke my wrist falling backwards. I've had surgery 10 days ago now, and I can feel that the healing is in a positive direction.

I mainly do DM and SBP with extended asanas usually once a week. Since the surgery I'm getting closer to my normal self pacing as time goes on.

Any suggestions for how to further augment my practices to help with emotional and physical recovery?

I'm going to my Iyengar class tomorrow to restart it. I have to avoid any weight-bearing on the right arm, and to stay away from asanas which most challenge my balance, such as ardha Chandrasana, and anything parivrtta (revolved). Downward dog, maybe I can do that on my elbows?

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2018 :  1:59:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kenbikes100,

If I were you I would ask the teacher before taking class if he has some suggestions for you. Take time to heal and do nothing that feels not good or is painful. Wishing you a speed recovery
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2018 :  10:09:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Charlie! I did exactly that the other day. My main physician's instruction is do not put any compressive loading on it or any loading that would tend to pull the hand, in addiiton to only do things that don't hurt.

I ended up today with a LOT of hamstring stretching - it all makes it better when it's finished!

I'll probably go again on Thursday.

Meanwhile, back to reading Light on Pranayama!

Edited by - kensbikes100 on Feb 25 2018 11:56:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2018 :  02:20:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I ended up today with a LOT of hamstring stretching - it all makes it better when it's finished!

Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2018 :  06:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wishing you a quick recovery! Sometimes the slow path is the fastest path.
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2018 :  11:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks and gratitude to all of you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000