AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 The glowing doughnut
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joseph

117 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2018 :  08:58:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Occasionally during sambhavi there will appear a doughnut shape, glowing dimly at first but becoming brighter if attention is held on it.

I presume this is the spinal nerve?

What's curious about it is that the left, lower quarter of the doughnut is always visible first and is the brightest part, until perhaps after a minute, when the rest of it has caught up, making it even all the way around.

I wonder why it does that?

It is a new and strange experience for me. Several times I've seen pulses of energy coming out of the middle of this glowing ring, and at times it's possible to make out a small circle at the center, which is not light or dark; it 'looks' invisible, more like an absence of something than a thing.

I usually come out of this experience before two or three minutes have passed. Self pacing is key!

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2018 :  11:07:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I see this sky-blue donut in Yoni Kumbaka Mudra often.
Go to Top of Page

joseph

117 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2018 :  11:50:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I only see it when I have tension/pressure in my head, and it is always yellow-gold.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2018 :  10:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It can transition from blue to golden. In YKM pressure is placed on the eyes, as well as holding the breath; is head pressure a common thread?
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2018 :  05:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joseph

I presume this is the spinal nerve?

What's curious about it is that the left, lower quarter of the doughnut is always visible first and is the brightest part, until perhaps after a minute, when the rest of it has caught up, making it even all the way around.

It is Kuthasta. There is a lesson in AYP regarding the third eye.

I also see the left lower quarter of the golden ring first, I didn't know it happens like that for everyone.
Go to Top of Page

joseph

117 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2018 :  12:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dogboy, the head pressure is a common thread but it is manageable. It started five years ago during a stressful time and was bad for a year or two - at times debilitating. I manage it better now and although sometimes uncomfortable, it rarely gives me trouble.

Hey Will Power. I'm reading up on that phrase.

...Found this:-

Some say that kutastha chaitanya can be perceived through meditation as an image of a spiritual eye. This is said to appear as an outer bright orange ring, surrounding a blue center, with a small five-pointed white star in the center. The causal world (or kutastha chaitanya) is represented by the large blue center, while the orange ring is the energy of the astral world and the white star symbolizes the infinite Cosmic Consciousness. Through meditation, the intention is to enter this white star and experience oneness with God.

...Wow, has anyone seen the picture of the Helix Nebula? It's also called the Eye of God, and it fits the above description pretty accurately, even with the white star in the center. Whoever named that must have been a yogi!

To tell the truth I am glad to find out this is a universal experience
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2018 :  12:59:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, But somehow I want to eat a doughnut now!

My experience, If you do things with the 3rd eye or actual physical eyes, You can have a certain experience. Maybe even a "universal" experience. You should enjoy it.

They never seem to be "it". They come and go. I certainly wish they would stay, but they don't.
Go to Top of Page

joseph

117 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2018 :  1:53:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Lalow. Yes, good to not to give the experiences too much importance. But nevertheless it's nice to have found access to other kinds of experience..

I am finding to my relief that what is here right now is all that is needed for enlightenment
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2018 :  03:02:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I never thought it was a donut shape, it is a tunnel or an an eye I see. Donut is an American vision, I guess.
Go to Top of Page

Arunachala Bhakta

Finland
30 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2018 :  07:14:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
American or police, perhaps?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000