Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 does Pranayama increase stress?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

makouda

France
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2017 :  06:21:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I started practicing Pranayama (spinal breathing) a week ago. The fist two days I felt happy and bliss energy is going through my body . But now, I start feeling stressed , really horny and since I'm single this is hell, lots of excessive energy . I can easily be involved in skirmishes and cant focus in my work at all

I suspect that it's because of the spinal breathing

I'm meditating daily for a year now, but I just started the spinal breathing

Edited by - makouda on Aug 24 2017 06:44:52 AM

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2017 :  07:10:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can reduce the time spent on pranayama. If you do it for 5 minutes for example, reduce it to 2 minutes and gradually go back to 5 minutes over a period of 3 to 4 weeks.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2017 :  08:20:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mulabandha could aso be a trigger if you started using this (hence your question on mulabandha last week).
The excessive energy could be purification of chakra two and will pass. As jusmail suggested, use self-pace when needed.

Go to Top of Page

makouda

France
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2017 :  08:36:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Indeed I do use Mulabandha with Pranayama (I started both at the same time). Maybe I'll start with Pranayama alone for a while and see what could happen
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2017 :  10:33:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's best to add one new practice a time, we can see what that practice will bring us. So yes good idea, first the SBP and later on working with the bandhas. Keep an eye on self-pace. Better a shorter practice and increase the time later than overload.

Edit: Overload means imbalance during the day. We could notice irritable, headache, too much ecstasy, stress, anger etc. There is too much purification, so we have to decrease the practice until we are back in balance.

Edited by - Charliedog on Aug 24 2017 11:15:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jayleno214

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2017 :  04:30:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi. I'm having this trouble too.

When i do ONE easy up and down sbp only then dm, five days in a roll, the 6,7,8,9,10 dayI'm energetically constipated and edgy, ina bad mood, ( lacking the prana held up by my tense burned nerves). I'm going to do only one day one rep of sb then 15 off or more, depending on when the stress subsides, then do it again

I'm relieved to see your post, it shows you are very aware of yourself and the causes and effects of your practice too

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000