Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Original goal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  12:02:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My original goal was just to be more present with my kids. It wasn't transcending, but I got caught up in that. And I kinda went off the deep end.

Anyone got any ideas of how to do this? I get into a dreamy world when I meditate. I'm actually dreaming now with meditation (it's R.E.M. Sleep with awareness(which is bizarre!))

I'm exercising lightly for at least 20 min a day. Doing the stuff you have to do in the real world.

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  3:52:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33
I'm actually dreaming now with meditation (it's R.E.M. Sleep with awareness

Did you mean that you were dreaming while writing the post above?
Please clarify.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  5:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, I used to do another type meditation where I astral traveled most of the time.

I watch R.E.M. Sleep lately.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  10:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
And I kinda went off the deep end.

How so?
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  12:42:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow! I’m not sure if I understand your question but I believe mediation will over time help u to b more present to everything and we have unexpected benefits from meditation as well but not overnight. You have a lot on your plate w husband and kids and you are also modeling meditation for them to incorporate into their own lives. You’re on the right path my dear! You have not missed the bus to enlightenment!:)

(Also Lalow thank u for your email off the forum- unless I know someone in person I prefer to keep my AYP conversations on the forum for my anonymity- I didn’t want you to think I was ignoring your email and wanted to say thank u my friend for sharing your wise thoughts- I appreciate it:)

C
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  2:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I go through different dreaming states during any type of meditation. My goal was to lessen brain fog and be really here with my kids. Dreamy flighty was not what I wanted.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  4:09:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"I'm exercising lightly for at least 20 min a day. Doing the stuff you have to do in the real world."

This is a good start. Not sure how old your kids are, but if you can be outside with them doing something fun, like ice cream, and they don't mind hanging with you that should clear some fog.

Edited by - Dogboy on Jan 10 2018 4:12:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  8:23:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I used to do another type meditation where I astral traveled most of the time.

Has the "dreamy world when meditating" phenomenon started to appear after switching to astral travel meditation?
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2018 :  09:56:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't do astral travel meditation it was something that happened during breath meditation. I guess I'm not being clear.

What I want to say is that I go through sleep cycles when meditating. I am aware while R.E.M. sleep starts. This is during the morning or afternoon.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2018 :  10:02:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,

When I first started meditation I would experience that. It's purification.

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2018 :  10:26:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's hard to talk here because when I first started meditating, I was in bliss and the divine all around. Now, it's dreamy land on and off, which puts me in a weird state. The original goal was to just be present with my kids.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2018 :  10:35:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear lalow,

The journey is the destination. Just be there for your kids as you already are whether in the dreamy state, bliss,discomfort. Of course, self pace if you are overloading.
It's in completely accepting what the reality is for us in this moment that we drink the nectar of creation. Then all of life becomes Sadhana (spiritual practice).
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2018 :  10:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, within 5 minutes of posting the above post, I'm listening to a podcast that addresses my situation. It's so weird. Take a step, you'll get answers from unexpected places.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2018 :  11:02:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Well, within 5 minutes of posting the above post, I'm listening to a podcast that addresses my situation. It's so weird. Take a step, you'll get answers from unexpected places.

Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2018 :  10:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Turiya
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000