AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Home energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2017 :  01:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All, so I just moved to a house rental. I miss aspects of my old home, one of which was that I felt it had good energy. The tenants before us were smokers and although the smoke smell is nearly gone it still feels like home could use some energetic tender loving care. What suggestions do u all have for raising the vibrational energy here...
Plants, crystals- anything else?
Thank u! C

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2017 :  07:30:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chard,

You can clean the energy in your home with white sage. I use this regularly in my 'homestudio'. I feel it when it is needed. I burn it in a big abalone shell, walk around the place and wave with a swan feather like a shaman, this little ritual feels really good to me.

What I often use before teaching is palo santo wood this is also cleaning the atmosphere or incense, just because I like it.

Nice anecdote, some weeks agoI was away for some days, when I came home, my husband said he burnt incense while I was away, he felt too it was needed.

Good luck, hopefully the home will feel as a light and loving home soon.

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2017 :  09:07:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chard,

Good advice from Charliedog.

This is the ritual I love to move the stagnant energy in my home- I replenish fresh water at my altar, offer fruits, light two candles and flowers(if there are any growing in my garden). I ring a tantric bell and move clockwise three times. Then, I light two incense, pray at the altar and go around the house with the incense chanting mantras. It works like a charm not only to clear the stagnant energy in the home but in the body too.

In teacher training, one of the teacher's said that clapping in the corners of the room helps. I haven't tried it. May be give it a try? Let us know if it helped.

Sending love and light.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2017 :  10:14:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Check out your local library (or a reputable Internet site) for some simple fend shui concepts; how the house is situated on the compass, and which directions and which elements are favorable (or negative, for that matter) to you and others living in the home. There are many ways to overcome poor chi by adding elements to the living space that favor you and blocking those which don't.

Invest in wind chimes!
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2017 :  12:26:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all sooo much!! Yes I have sage to burn which I will plus I have sweet grass to burn- apparently that brings in good energy.... and Feng Shui- I love Feng Shui so I will get myself a compass and book- and wind chime. It's also been frustrating because I feel like financially Im such in limbo waiting for our home to sell which will bring nice flow of money back into our life to be able to invest in things I love for the home. So for now I will focus on things that don't cost a lot of money.
Thx all and I welcome more suggestions! Sunyata, what mantras do u chant?
C
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2017 :  07:07:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like to keep the space simple and clean, which is not easy with a busy family and a dog. I am sensitive to smells and perfume, so I don't usually burn incense in the house (just at the yoga studio), but after a visitor's outburst last spring, the place felt disturbed. I opened the doors and windows, burned sage from the garden and Tibetan incense, and rang the meditation bowl over and over again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000