Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Big muscles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

YogiCosmos

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2017 :  8:57:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

From your experience, do big muscles hinder your energy flow or ecstatic sensitivity?

Thanks

colours

Sweden
108 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2017 :  11:18:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello

I don't really have big muscles, but I cannot see why it would hinder energy flow or similar?
Maybe an obsession with muscles would, but not the muscles it self... :-P

Colours
Go to Top of Page

joseph

117 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2017 :  5:36:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi YogiCosmos. Interesting question. I was going to make a post about this a while back - body composition and the effects of spiritual practice - but never got around to it. Based on some observations (of myself and others) and things I've read I think that a lower body weight generally means more sensitivity to meditation, yoga, and energy work. I have a BMI of 17 and almost certainly on the higher end of the sensitivity spectrum. A little goes a long way and I have to do grounding activities regularly to keep the car on the road, to use the AYP metaphor. I think I've observed the same pattern in others who are light weight and the opposite in people who are heavier, with them tending to be more grounded and centered naturally.

There is an interesting chapter on this subject in Aldous Huxley's book The Perennial Philosophy (Entitled 'Religion and Temperament') where he seems to go with this idea.

It will be interesting to hear other's views on this.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2017 :  8:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just observation. The most loving, here people(mainly religious women) have all been medically overweight. I've not met a fully "here" yogi or yogini. I've met nice loving Yoga people, but it's not the same feel. It feels like they're not totally here. Hope this makes sense.

As for bodybuilding, do it if you want to.
Go to Top of Page

YogiCosmos

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2017 :  09:27:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. In Qigong, big muscles are a hindrance to Chi flow big tension from working out creates blockages in the muscles. Big muscles also require a lot Chi to maintain. I figured since the Sushmna channel is in the spine perhaps that wouldn’t be an issue.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000