Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Rising appetite
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2017 :  1:33:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hopefully this is just a phase I'm going through, because I don't really want to gain any weight. The past couple weeks seems like I have been eating more and more than i normally do. And it's just frustrating on days when I don't do much especially like today for example I just keep eating more than I should. It's like I have no self control. I garuntee that tonight I will probably eat like I've been busy working all day, even though I won't be.

Oh well, guess it will be something different in a couple weeks from now. My latest rant is over I guess.

Kentox

India
61 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2017 :  06:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it can also signify imbalance of pingala, which is your right nostril. Do feel heat? more energy? more active? Are you a East headed sleeper? do you feel something stuck in your spine going up and becoming headache alot in a day?

otherwise it is merely your body asking for more substance in your diet, it can be entirely harmless. Sometimes functions of your body take up alot of energy and hence you end up hungry, it happens alot but reverses itself when a blockage is cleared, there comes more energy to use. When you want to eat, simply eat.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2017 :  06:59:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR8036,

There is a phase during the process of kundalini awakening when we can be naturally inclined to eat more in order to remain balanced and grounded. This phase does not last forever.

This from Lesson 304 - Diet, Kundalini, and the Nectar Cycle:

"The higher form of digestion described above can generate a lot of heat in the GI tract, radiating out to fill the whole body. It is sometimes referred to as the kundalini fire. When the fires are burning, it can be beneficial to eat heavier foods more often. Then the fire (intense digestive activity) can be used to consume the substances in our GI tract in a more regulated way to produce more soma, rather than frying us from the inside, which is the sensation we can get sometimes if eating too lightly when energy is surging within us. It is also possible to quench the inner fires and related inner energy imbalances with application of the diet methods of Ayurveda, which take into account our bodily constitution and inner energy flows, and how certain foods can either aggravate or pacify these.

To keep it as simple as possible, we just listen to what we are being called to do from within with respect to our diet, and in other aspects of our daily activity. When we are engaged in daily deep meditation, we may feel inclined to eat a lighter diet. And when our kundalini becomes active, we may feel inclined to eat a heavier diet at times, and a lighter diet at other times. It will depend on the energy dynamics occurring within us, and the process of purification and opening that is underway." [Yogani]

You may also find the lesson addition which follows that one useful, which is called "Balancing Kundalini with Ayurveda Diet" and also Yogani's book on "Diet, Shatkarmas and Amoroli".

In the book, Yogani talks about many aspects of diet and also about the Shatkarma techniques that can be used to cleanse the body during a kundalini awakening.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2017 :  9:46:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, yea I dunno I'm sure I'm making it a bigger issue than what it really is. Especially because when I do get busy with say work and I can distract myself with work related stuff during the day it's like I can totally forget about what's goin on from time to time.

As far as energy being stuck? Not sure about that one. Sometimes it feels like it's about 1/4 the way up my back but, other times it's more like 1/2 the way. It's just hard to tell at times.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000