Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Empty relating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lateralus

USA
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2017 :  12:00:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I seem to have come to a point where,when trying to relate to another person or people,I can inquire "who's relating" and there is nothing there.Really nothing. There's relating but no sense of an "I" relating.

"Who's experiencing the conversation" and again,nothing is there. To describe it would be like there's interacting,but from emptiness.Also much more consciously aware than I've ever been.

A rather interesting experience for me. It's like some phenomenal thing going on and I'm just there taking part.

It's not troubling,just a new way of experiencing I guess.
In a "twilight zone" kind of way.

Edited by - lateralus on Aug 23 2017 12:29:44 AM

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2017 :  07:13:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2017 :  10:06:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lateralus,

Your experience is very good: It is pointing to the realization that there is no absolute self in an individual, while there is a relational self. This experience could also be understood as the "emptying" before a shift in consciousness. You might be interested to inquire also: Who am I? What am I?

Warmest wishes
Go to Top of Page

lateralus

USA
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  12:51:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I'll be sure to work that into the inquiry. I use it as part of Samyama also.

Thanks Blanche.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000