Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 conscious intentional Liquid Light for healing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Godslave

Canada
108 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  1:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have the ability to consciously and intentionally "turn on" a cooling current from my head or back which I can direct through my body. This often relieves tension in muscles in my head, and relaxes me. I often breathe a specific way, and move my eyes while doing this. This is usually accompanied with a slight rushing sound in my ears which I first experienced while yawning while meditating. It also is pleasurable and brings relief if I am tired, tense, or stressed.

I'm wondering the following:

1. what would be the name for this in AYP ? is it just cooling Kundalini?

2. what names would this have outside of AYP ?

3. is this related to a particular chakra? It appears to be breath + nerve control, just energy flowing where attention goes.

4. is it regular or unusual to be able to "turn on" this energy with intention / breath?

5. is this know to have positive or negative overall effect on the body and energy system?

6. would this be considered a side effect of AYP practices, to be ignored?

7. any other comments / feedback

My History:

I've been practicing AYP Spinal Breathing and Deep Meditation 1 or 2 times a day for probably more than a year. I haven't been 100% consistent.

Before finding AYP with a google search, I've used the following:

- Kundalini Meditation book : each chakra, then all together centered on heart
- Hatha Yoga from Yoga for You book by Indra Devi

AYP methods are the most effective I've found so far for finding inner peace and fulfillment in my daily life.

---

(I'm not sure this is in the correct forum so please move if needed)

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  4:10:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello again, Godslave. Do you experience ecstatic conductivity? If not, this could be the beginnings of this. Some experience it as hot or cold currents (mine does not feel either to me) but it can be activated and directed with breath and/or attention. Ecstatic conductivity is awakening prana in the body as nadis purify and inner silence deepens.

Edit:spelling

Edited by - Dogboy on Jan 27 2017 4:11:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
108 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  7:07:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reply, Dogboy. Yes, I experience ecstatic conductivity much of the time when I'm awake. I seem to be frequently pulling energy up to my head. It's like I'm continually working away at large amounts of tension in my body which built up over years when I was younger and which are slowly melting away over the years...

So this is likely the ecstatic conductivity, I just wasn't sure how "normal" it is to be consciously moving it around and such as I often find myself doing. Most of the time it's warm but sometimes it's very chill.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  10:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The way I've come to see it is we are building our spiritual vessal with inner silence and EC (ecstatic conductivity), clearing away lifetimes of clogged prana passageways. One person's EC most likely differs from another's in intensity, how it manifests, and how it's experienced. Guru Inyou advises me to play with it cautiously via asana, attention, intention. I am able to enter samadhi at will, and only by trial and error can we know "what this baby can do". In those states it is Guru who says over and over, "Just be there, just be. You don't have to do a thing." Surrendering control, remaining open to come what may, is to bathe in divine presence.

That said, I believe it's advisable to stick with the AYP dogma, to treat it like interesting scenery, to use SBP to smoothen out prana, and consider it secondary practice to DM for the foundation of inner silence. EC and energy practices are positive in fostering progress on vessal construction. The negative aspect is one courts overload and attachments to the pleasurable experience, hence the caution. Use attention/intention gets the ball rolling, after that, surrender to the experience and be open to what is there to learn.

Edit:wording

Edited by - Dogboy on Jan 27 2017 10:44:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  10:42:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One more thing, make use of your anchors the Solar Center and the third eye in energy practices, and if you are not doing Samyama, you might consider starting. Samayama has taught my system to vent excess prana outward, sharing the fruits of practice with everyone you encounter as you move through your day.

Edit: spelling

Edited by - Dogboy on Jan 27 2017 10:45:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
108 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2017 :  2:42:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think you're right, Dogboy, in that I should stick more to the AYP methods and not do so much extra Kundalini / energy work of my own type. That said, when it does come naturally I tend to allow it to just happen and go with the flow. I've been thinking of starting Samyama and read part of the ebook so far, but haven't quite reached that point of practicing it yet. Somehow I'm nervous to try Samyama because I had a strange experience about 12 years ago: I had scanned all my old papers into my computer and shredded them, and felt a great release of freedom when that was done. I felt calm and still but joyful and ecstatic, and I felt a sudden release of energy go out from me, to all the world or to distant fields, where I was just releasing the past and the limitations of it ... the next day, that computer was stolen, in the morning when I was sleeping, and all of the items I had scanned into it were gone. I felt a sense of freedom as a result, but I have always thought that that release of energy that went out to me was related to the computer and the old writing/document being taken away from me... because that theft freed me of the burden of those things that I was trying to free myself from.

Anyway, I want to learn better what Samyama is, because that past experience seems so similar to it, and I don't want to have out-of-control things happen in my life, too much.

Thanks for the replies and this forum is very helpful to me, just for me to read others' posts, and especially to get feedback on my posts.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2017 :  8:51:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Godslave

It's great that you are feeling these things. I love all of Dogboy's replies, they are so full of wisdom!!

In relation to your initial post I do think that what you're experiencing as Dogboy said, is kundalini, or ecstatic conductivity. I experience it very similar to how you do, for me it is not cool but kind of fiery, not hot really but fiery energy (it used to make my body hot when I began doing AYP years ago). And I do believe that it is healing for you and your surroundings. I am also able to "turn this on" using breath, intention, and body movements like mudras, focusing on my third eye, crown, and kechari mudra and other movements. I feel it most of the time as a surge of ecstatic pleasurable energy going from my root to crown chakras, a bit like electricity but pleasurable. Sometimes it happens naturally without my intention. I think as Dogboy said that running too much of kundalini energy can overload sometimes really fast, and I had many times where I did overload when beginning AYP (greed for the pleasure hahaha), but you live and learn and if you can keep a check on how much you do and self pace correctly it is easier on your body. Sometimes we are too greedy even for God haha and then we have to be compassionate towards ourselves..

It's really great you are going on this path Godslave!! all the best and keep up the awesome work..
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
108 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2017 :  09:57:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome, thanks Yonatan for confirming that and for the encouragement. I'm glad to hear your experience is similar.

For me, this has calmed down quite a bit as I have been more active in the "externals" of my life with work and family items taking more priority. But the benefits are that I have calmed down in this area more. I have been doing my AYP SBP and DM many days but not every day, so when it fits in. But I haven't been worrying about it. So it's getting a bit more natural, maybe.

I have been feeling a bit more of a "longing" feeling that something is missing from my life, which is part of why I'm back on the forum here following up. I find that I switch "modes" from focusing on one interest to another, and over time I'm trying to balance them and integrate them better.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000