Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Charisma
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

upanishad2

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  4:26:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hello all,

I'm interested in learning how to increase charisma, charm, stage presence, etc.

Are there any meditation practices which can help one radiate charisma?

joseph

117 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  4:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Upanishad2,

Dispassion and not caring what anyone thinks probably go a long way. I think it is self defeating to try to develop it. If it's to be genuine charisma it must arise naturally without you being aware of it. My two cents.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  5:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps studying those who you consider charismatic, and emulating them, would increase your radiance.

But just like playing a cover song, it has to be made one's own. Emulation becomes originality.

The techniques of AYP all promote radiance and charisma, fortunately. They've helped me tremendously.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  6:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi upanishad2,

May I ask why do you want to increase Charisma? Agree with Joseph. Just be yourself.

If you are naturally charismatic then it will show. If one tries too hard then that will show too.

Meditate and find out who you truly are.

Good advise from Bodhi as he speaks from experience.

Edited by - sunyata on Dec 23 2016 7:07:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

upanishad2

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  7:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I was just hoping on the off chance that there might be something tangible you could do to increase or enhance charisma. Mystical exercises, etc.

I'm aware that the general consensus is that it's not really something you can work on, you have it or you don't, etc.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything practical, or any books that mention it. I've heard that kundalini energy turned on means someone will radiate with life force. The word shakti mentioned in connection with it. Just wondering if anyone had some more leads.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  8:03:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes,shakti increases through pranyama, mudras and bandhas.But best not to use it for personal gain. Let divine work through you.Lessons start here.
http://www.aypsite.org/10.html

Wishing you the best.

Edited by - sunyata on Dec 23 2016 8:05:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  8:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by upanishad2

I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything practical, or any books that mention it.

If you shift your gaze slightly to the right on this screen, you'll see a column of books, namely those comprising The Enlightenment Series. The treasure can be found within them. Or to be more precise, the map to the treasure can be found within them. If you're fond of treasure maps, there is a substantial collection here.
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2016 :  06:23:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by upanishad2

I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything practical, or any books that mention it. I've heard that kundalini energy turned on means someone will radiate with life force. The word shakti mentioned in connection with it. Just wondering if anyone had some more leads.

If your presence is enlivening and bringing joy or wisdom in people's lives, you will be considered more charismatic.

So, when you feel less energetic and vibrant, you could be spending more time alone, going inward and replenishing your energies. And going out more when you have plenty to share would be common sense practical advice.

A balanced spiritual practice including Samyama helps replenish your energies and planting seeds of all that's beautiful (charismatic) that you can share with the world.

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2016 :  07:27:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi upanishad2

I share the opinion of previous respondents: It will happen with yoga practice.

Best just to let it be. Focusing on it might actually have the opposite effect. When you forget about that "me" to which you attach the concept of charisma, the barriers between you and others will fall off. And then they'll all want to be around you.

Happy practice

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Dec 24 2016 07:28:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2016 :  4:05:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Omsat

If your presence is enlivening and bringing joy or wisdom in people's lives, you will be considered more charismatic.

Well stated. It may also help to realize there is little to no difference between your own true self and that of others. Therefore the compassion one feels - is essentially compassion for the Self which we all are.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

Binks

Bahamas
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2017 :  10:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joseph

Hey Upanishad2,

Dispassion and not caring what anyone thinks probably go a long way.

Easier said than done.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000