Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 God
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LF.

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2016 :  1:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I believe in God

I have a atheist upbringing, but now I believe in the Holy Trinity

God-Jesus-And the Holy Ghost

I have severe psychotic illness but I see things Visons and Voices

The man in the sky sounds dumb, and ridiculous but now I Believe

Do you believe in the Lord above?

Atheist beliefs are so prevalent and sound more plausible than the religions that are prevalent, it seems logical to take on board an atheist stance

It's hard to get clear of the sight binding dirt, and see clearly, acknowledging the different dimensions,

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2016 :  7:02:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, there are many people here with different beliefs. It's cool what you believe or anyone else who comes here.

Edited by - lalow33 on Oct 22 2016 8:16:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2016 :  8:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Is it necessary to believe in God for this unfoldment to occur? No. But it is necessary to believe in something in order to move in the direction of enlightenment." —from Lessson 20

Ishta. Chosen Ideal. Higher Power.

Whatever motivates one to adopt a daily routine of practices that leads to self-improvement and alignment with an evolved way of being and living is OK. It can work with or without God. We are OK with God, or with a more non-theological approach. We are OK with avatars (Jesus, Buddha, Krishna), or with a more impersonal view (the Tao, consciousness, awareness, etc.). We are OK with worship of the divine masculine, so long as it does not belittle or shun the divine feminine. We are OK with diversity, so long as it embraces unity.

AYP is very inclusive and tolerant, so long as there is a mutual respect and level of decorum being abided by, and so long as we are oriented towards implementing some kind of daily practice, with bhakti and meditation being the most basic building blocks.

Peace be with you, LF. Be still and know...
Go to Top of Page

Student-of-life

Germany
16 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2016 :  3:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Personally, I draw a lot of strength from my belief in God. It helps me greatly to feel connected to something greater than me. I feel that many people simply have no access to God because they do not resonate with the various religions out there. Sadly, many people think that God can only be accessed through religions.

Being an atheist may seem to most scientifically minded people and many others to be an exceptionally logic decision but in my opinion, it isn't.

If you boil it down, science is sometimes very similar to a religion. What do scientists believe in? That there was a big bang. They also believe that before the Big Bang, there was nothing. But they cannot explain why something would emerge out of nothing. So all their scientific explanations of the universe are based on faith i.e. the faith that something could somehow emerge out of nothing without a creator. As you can see, the very foundation that all the scientific models are based on also requires faith from the part of a scientist. After that, many of the models make sense but again, believing in the random initiation of the creation of the universe is not at all logic.

They also believe that life on this planet emerged from something they call the primordial soup. But again I ask, where does the seed of life stem from? Is it really possible for life to emerge by coincidence and millions of years of evolution? For how many centuries has the planet bebn populated by apes and why haven't they evolved? As you can see, questions over questions.

At the same time, there are so many "coincidences" scientists simply cannot explain away. Why is it for example that the sun is precisely the same size as the moon when seen from Earth? That's a pretty big coincidence if you ask me.

Edited by - Student-of-life on Nov 04 2016 3:51:44 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000