New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  01:00:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I went to Mount Diablo here in norther california yesterday. I was in such a great mood. So much more energy and feelings when you are up there. Way better than when I hike in the valley. I can almost feel it like you are doing pranayama or ecstacy. Is there actually more energy available on mountains? Where does it come from?

Why do a lot of spiritual systems like mountains?

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  01:21:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andrew

Yes, there is a lot more energy and silence. Spiritual practice in the mountains is always much more intense for me...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  03:23:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Or just less oxygen
Go to Top of Page

maverick angel

France
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  03:43:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit maverick angel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi I've attended two retreats with Ayahuasca Satsangha at their mountain retreat in the Andes. They have a jungle camp as well. It seems that in the jungle you get more plant an animal spirits coming but in the mountains the higher energies are more present. Personally I met Ganesh, Kali and Shiva. Interestingly, there was an Indian girl with us, she was a muslim, but she also met Shiva and other Hindu deities.
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  04:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
:)

you're at an earth Chakra :)...I experience the same around and in Arunachala ....Circular waves of energy penetrate my body from the mountain.

Here :

"The Domes were the originating homes of ley lines, or more accurately, within this conceptual model, the dome lines. These exist in two forms. Straight-running dome lines (averaging in length 5-30 miles) are lines of energy connecting one dome with another making an angular light matrix around the planet. An example of this pattern is found in California with Mt. Diablo (Contra Costa County) and Mt. Tamalpais (Marin County); both of these sacred mountains (as the native Indians originally perceived them), are just outside San Francisco, domed, about 25 miles apart, and are connected by a straight dome line. The dome lines, incidentally, are pulsating energy channels with marked variations in seasonal intensity. "

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/c...ldgrid06.htm

Again that's a theory and many don't even consider it.I have the intention to visit Macca soon.Another earth chakra.

Love.

Edited by - Namath on Jan 13 2013 07:25:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  04:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.librarising.com/esoteric...chakras.html

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  05:02:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
less oxygen indeed
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  07:51:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Or less pollution...
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  07:55:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Namath, at Arunachala it's different than other places. You can feel a presence there different than being in other places... Wish to go back there again... You are lucky also to be able to visit Macca... Sadly for someone who is a christian on paper it is not allowed...
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  07:58:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Brace yourself...I'll be taking you all in my heart over there.

Macca here we come
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  12:32:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  1:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi crazymandrew,

quote:
Originally posted by crazymandrew

Is there actually more energy available on mountains?

I don't think I'd use the word "available."

What I notice, is that when I am in the mountains or when I look at/connect with them (I live 1hr away from the Rockies and can see them clearly on most days), that my awareness of the internal energies becomes heightened.

quote:

Where does it come from?

You.

quote:

Why do a lot of spiritual systems like mountains?

I've never contemplated that before now, but I would guess that there are multiple reasons.
-Heightened awareness of energy
-Isolation from society
-The numerous positive effects of living at altitude (including the decrease in oxygen)
-The possibility to connect with nature at any time
-The abundant possibilities to ground the energies
-And maybe even due to the belief that in the mountains you are "closer to God" may come into play for some.

Love!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

NJL

31 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  1:50:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, the mountains definitely have a different thing going on than the lowlands. Less oxygen, more UV, air pressure and microclimate are different.
There's a lot of peace up on high mountains, and a lot of pranic activity zooming around. They've always been referred to as the abodes of gods in many ancient cultures.
Mt. Diablo isn't exactly the high Sierra, but it would have some elements of the high places. Try Mt. Shasta.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  03:21:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, but you feel the same things isolated on the ocean as well. Hmm.. not quite. Both awesome, but different. There is a lightness of feeling on mountain-tops - the less oxygen effect - than on the ocean, where peace is heavier.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

NJL

31 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  5:24:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Yeah, but you feel the same things isolated on the ocean as well. Hmm.. not quite. Both awesome, but different. There is a lightness of feeling on mountain-tops - the less oxygen effect - than on the ocean, where peace is heavier.

Sey

Yes, out on the sea I get a more syrupy quality. With mountains, it's different. High meadows have a playful, zesty lightness whereas peaks have this feel of being half on earth and half in a higher realm.

Perspective, exposure, all these things contribute to our experience.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2013 :  04:45:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a most beautiful place in the Genting highlands Malaysia that I have been to a couple of times now

The spiritual energy is palpable!!!!

I dont think i have felt better anywhere, at any place in my whole life

I just returned from Queensland a month ago, and there was a place that almost rivalled it called the
Crystal Castle.

I was going to post a pic of the Temple in the Genting Highlands, Malaysia, mountain but not sure how to???
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2013 :  10:40:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
SparklingDiamond, maybe a link using postimage.org or imgxc.com might work. Would be nice to see it.
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2013 :  12:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Prana "available" on Earth originates from sunshine.
I feel mountains make a difference, especially on sunny days.
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2013 :  10:53:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My guru felt that some places had more spiritual purity, and mountains were high on his list. Waterfalls as well, the bigger, the better!
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  09:44:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And rainforests. :)
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  09:45:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Aumnnaturel

thanks, but i'm quite technologically challenged and have no idea how to use those sites
Go to Top of Page

Arman

Australia
47 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2013 :  11:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I was in Iran, I climbed some mountains with a friend for the first time and I remember sitting down near a peak to look in-between some valleys and I felt incredible. I had a sense of pre-brith womb-like bliss and it was incredibly dreamlike. It was beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  01:41:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Namath

"The Domes were the originating homes of ley lines, or more accurately, within this conceptual model, the dome lines. These exist in two forms. Straight-running dome lines (averaging in length 5-30 miles) are lines of energy connecting one dome with another making an angular light matrix around the planet. An example of this pattern is found in California with Mt. Diablo (Contra Costa County) and Mt. Tamalpais (Marin County); both of these sacred mountains (as the native Indians originally perceived them), are just outside San Francisco, domed, about 25 miles apart, and are connected by a straight dome line. The dome lines, incidentally, are pulsating energy channels with marked variations in seasonal intensity. "

That's cool, thanks. That was my second time at Mount Diablo, I always thought there was something special about that place.
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  5:05:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
as the air rarifies at higher altitudes, plasma levels increase

it has been stated there are 3 forms of prana

perhaps plasma is the grossest of the 3, akasha being the lightest

if so this could account for the higher levels of spirit experinced on mountain peaks
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  12:14:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I, too, have found being up in the mountains to be very spiritually energizing.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2016 :  12:03:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Has anybody meditated in a mine and perceived any shift in energy I wonder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000