Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 DBM and DM Conflicts?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  10:01:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

On my journey, I am using Deep Breathing Meditation and slowly transitioning to Deep Meditation (I AM). I remember being told if the two are used side by side one right after the other. There could be problems.

My question is. How close can Deep Breathing Meditation, can be done to Deep Meditation? As I am trying to transition from one to the other. Of course safety and comfort is priority. Thank you.

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  04:39:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi LordBuzzKill

There are different ways to transition. Depending on how your current practice is, some may be more appropriate than others.

Here a few ideas.

If you are in the habit of practicing twice daily already, you could keep one session of DBM and replace the other by a DM session.
If you only practice once a day, you could shorten that session and bring in another session of DM at another time.

If you want to integrate both DBM and DM in one practice session, perhaps it would be good to change your DBM practice into a pure awareness practice: Just observing your breath (rather than actively changing it). Follow this up by Savasana or a few minutes of sitting still without particular practice before starting DM.

Good luck with the new practice!
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  01:32:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Omsat. I will do that.
Go to Top of Page

Student-of-life

Germany
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  10:46:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Unless I'm totally mistaken, I'm very sure that in the AYP system it is said that you can practice deep breathing exercises (pranayama) and right after it continue with deep meditation exercises (AYAM mantra). In fact, doing so is highly encouraged. And this is how I practice it.

Perhaps, the person who told you that it is dangerous meant that is dangerous to do both at the same time.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2016 :  10:13:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Over sensitivity was a major problem for me before. Now it is coming down. That is why I asked in general how they can be integrated. So far most of my over sensitivity has not been a problem. Maybe its finally gone after 3 years of taking it easy.

I am slowly moving forward with my practice.
Go to Top of Page

Student-of-life

Germany
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  02:33:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's great to hear! I wish you all the best with your practice.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2016 :  11:08:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000