Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Pace of Mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JSairam

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2016 :  11:25:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am relatively new to AYP, and forgive me if my question is answered in a lesson I have not yet reached. In the Deep Meditation technique, are there directives about how to pace the mantra? For instance, should I repeat it quickly or slowly? If the mantra is not coordinated with my breath to some degree, I feel very disorganized. I've tried repeating it slowly (one syllable with the inbreath and one with the outbreath), or the entire mantra on a inbreath, and again on an outbreath, as well as multiple times with each breath. Should my pace remain consistent? Is there any significance to this pace? Thank you kindly for directing me to the answer to this question.

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2016 :  04:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum JSairam!

There are no directions as to how to pace the mantra, except to allow the pace to be as it is.

The pace may change from one meditation session to another and within one session also depending on how you are wired at the moment of practice.

Breath and mantra may at random times synchronize but we do not try to make this happen nor to hinder it should it happen.

The only instruction is to gently favour the mantra over whatever else is occurring, be it the thoughts that come, the breath that changes, or any other event that may cross your awareness.

The practice is one of releasing anything (including a noticing of the pace at which it happens and potential synchronicity with the breath) in gentle favour of the mantra.

Edited by - Omsat on Jul 04 2016 04:55:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2016 :  07:26:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum. You have received excellent advice.
Lesson 106 addresses this issue.
Go to Top of Page

JSairam

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2016 :  9:44:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much. I appreciate the advice. Blessings.
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2016 :  5:28:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JSairam

Thank you so much. I appreciate the advice. Blessings.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000