Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Intuition
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pranar

India
53 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  07:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello AYP Forum,

Which part of your body do you "hear" your intuition speaking in? I'm trying to make sense of the voice within and I hear it from the belly at times, from the solar plexus during others, from the heart region, and in the throat area offlate. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the chakra centres the kundalini is active in?

Thank you!

Edited by - pranar on Jun 07 2016 10:36:22 AM

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  07:00:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't percieve or imagine intuition coming from anywhere. In my thought process as I work and live, ideas emerge and enter awareness whether or not they are intuition or the result of combinations and permutations of previous ideas and learned ideas.

And I don't see the value of keeping track, or of knowing which came from analysis and which from intuition. It's all just the stuff of an inner life.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  07:50:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Intuition is a "knowing", not a "hearing" for me - it does not "speak". Inner Guru is not a voice, at least not for me.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  09:57:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Intuition is focusing the attention in a specific way, sometimes a knowing, but here it is not always a true knowing if it is primarily conceptualized. When intuition is more of a sensing, it is almost always accurate ... whether derived from the 5 ordinary senses or simply a generalized feeling. For me true intuition is whole body sensing/ perceiving. However, one of the 5 senses may be leading, for example hearing or seeing. Feeling is generally dominant here with one of the other senses playing a supporting role.

It can also be clear observation and information processing of small or apparently unimportant details in one's vicinity (which go unnoticed by others) ... again the whole body is involved, not just the mind. When the presence of Ishta is sensed, it is registered here as an intuitive whole body knowing. However, that knowing is not a conception. Rather all chakras are involved. Depending on the circumstances, some chakras are more active than others. With Ishta, the heart chakra is most energized. There is a subtle awareness, a registering of energetic frequencies or vibratory fluctuations. Sensing Ishta's presence involves realizing that we are clearly connecting and this is apparently because my own energy field is aligning with his. Intuition can be turned on or off. When it is on, the entire body is involved in feeling.

Intuition here is bringing unconscious sensing to conscious awareness and sorting through or playing with that awareness.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  10:20:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
a bird builds a nest without being taught
Go to Top of Page

MrCuddly

USA
43 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2016 :  7:16:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've always believed intuition is a function of the subconscious mind. The mind collects everything you experience wether you noticed it or not at the time and like a supercomputer and pulls relevant scraps of experiences, learning, judgements, impressions from even seemingly non related scraps of data arrives as a certain kind of conviction or gut feeling.

But the intuition is simply an internal non-conscious form of problem solving that's motivated by our strongest emotions, desires, fears etc. This isn't an original point of view. Many of the most famous self help books from long ago (when self help actually helped) used this principle exclusively. Books by authors such as Maxwell Maltz, Dale Carnegie, Napoleon Hill, etc etc.

Why do I think this is the way intuition works? I've seen it happen again and again in my life. For this reason when I want my subconscious to find me a solution, I think very tormentedly and powerfully about the problem or result I'm looking for. The subconscious goes to work to solve the problem and usually in your most relaxed moments (yoga, meditation, waking up, sitting on the can, taking a shower etc) the answer comes to you.

More than anyone wanted to know, but it came to mind so what the heck?
Go to Top of Page

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2016 :  11:15:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Pranar. I think you are correct. I believe the body has three "brains", one in the head, one in the heart and one in the gut. You've heard the expression "gut feeling" or "follow your heart" and many believe the ajna chakra is the seat of intuition. Like the workings of a car engine, I'm sure they all work together. I don't really obsess about what's going on under the hood, although it is a fascinating never ending learning. I just hop in the car and knowing how to steer and use the gas and brake pedal, and obey the signs along the way I can enjoy the journey and eventually get to the destination
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000