Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Can't email members
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SuperTrouper

USA
49 Posts

Posted - May 14 2016 :  12:03:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I sent some emails and wasn't sure if they received them, so I sent an email to myself using the email link in my profile (which shows the correct email), and I never received my own email to myself. I also chose the option to send a copy of the email to myself on all 3 emails I sent, and never received any of them... I use gmail. does anybody know what might be going on with that?

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - May 14 2016 :  3:01:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SuperTrouper,

Some aspects of the forum are working slowly at the moment and emails are not working at all as far as we can tell.

The tech people are looking into it. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
Go to Top of Page

SuperTrouper

USA
49 Posts

Posted - May 15 2016 :  12:50:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Christi. Are you aware of whether or not we'll need to resend the emails once it's working?

Also, is there a way to subscribe to topics I've posted/commented on so I can keep up with responses? ATM I'm just going and looking for my stuff in my profile's "recent activity" section.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - May 15 2016 :  04:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SuperTrouper,

I don't know if emails that did not send will need to be re-sent or not when the system is working again? Probably best to, just in case.

I will post here when emails are working again.

Subscribing to topics is turned off in this forum because of the amount of emails that it would generate. In the AYP Plus forum, members can subscribe to topics in their forum profile and receive email notifications when new replies are posted.

Emails between members in the AYP Plus forum are still working.

In this forum, it is best to use the "Active Topics" link (top right) to keep a track on what is going on. The "recent activity" links in the user profiles do not always show what is being posted.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  3:13:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Emails between members are now working again and the forum features all seem to be working.

It looks as if any emails that did not send whilst the system was down, did not arrive and will need to be sent again.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000