Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Finding a place to deepen practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chriztopher

Sweden
7 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2016 :  03:09:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone!

I want to go to some place for 1-2 months to deepen my practice.
I was thinking of this place: http://isha.sadhguru.org/isha-globa...-yoga-center, but want more suggestions, so?

Thanks,
Christopher

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2016 :  07:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
India or Europe?
Go to Top of Page

Chriztopher

Sweden
7 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2016 :  1:03:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Jusmail!

Worldwide! Want as many suggestions as possible before I choose.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2016 :  1:21:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wherever you go you take yourself with you
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2016 :  2:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chriztopher
Are you still practising AYP? Do you know about the AYP retreats that are being organised?
Go to Top of Page

Chriztopher

Sweden
7 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2016 :  02:42:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Still do AYP . Yea I know about them, but I want some longer period of retreat.

Edited by - Chriztopher on Apr 21 2016 02:46:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2016 :  02:48:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The retreat that was set up for teacher training is about a month long I think. There are people attending who don't necessarily want to become teachers, just for the sake of a long retreat. Worth looking into it I think.
Go to Top of Page

Chriztopher

Sweden
7 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  2:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the information Blue But that retreat is in 2017, want to go in 2016
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  11:30:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Even solo retreats are possible. If you mention your location, anybody close by might consider joining you too.
Go to Top of Page

dv2014

USA
93 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  1:56:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christopher,

Amma's ashram in India or US (http://amma.org/) could be an option if you are interested. I haven't been to her ashrams, but have been to her programs in US and India and have enjoyed being in her loving presence.

The theme there could be different from AYP - more bhakti oriented, with devotional songs (bhajans) and emphasis on service (seva). But I feel that reading AYP lessons helps me to accept and benefit from Amma's messages better.
Go to Top of Page

Chriztopher

Sweden
7 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  05:02:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the information everybody, but you know of any places in europe?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000