New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dennis

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  12:02:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In Addition 57.2 - Those Grouchy Gurus, Yogani ends by saying "Is it succeeding? Sometimes I wonder.". This touched me deeply. Yogani has spent so much time and effort creating this amazing program. I would assume from all of the testimonials that he would know it's working. But I thought it would be good to open a thread and have everyone state how many years they've been doing AYP and the results they've achieved.

For me personally, I've been practicing twice daily for about a year. I feel prana moving and moments of blissfullness. Nothing extreme but some bliss if I look for it. The World looks a little nicer. I haven't had an anger outbreak since starting. I feel more personal power and I find it easier to relate to and speak with other people, as I'm rather shy by nature.

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  01:01:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
finding the AYP writings changed my life forever. Actually, not only mine, also the life of the people I live and/or work with is changing as an indirect result of my AYP practice

Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  06:00:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not a great deal.

But admittedly, I've come into this practice with a lot of karma to work with, have not always been consistent, keep my practice minimal (once a day), and keep pushing other approaches in addition.. so not surprised I'm a bit bruised.

Something keeps pulling me back to sit at least once a day, though.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  09:01:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Spirituality and AYP has taught here to accept Life as it is. I used to get carried away by my emotions. Inability to accept what is created a lot of suffering.

There is not much looking forward to with lots of excitement in anticipation to what future may bring, only to get let down when they are not met. This was another cycle that added to the suffering. Rather there is an openness to Life moment by moment, day by day.
Life is not always easy but simple it has become.

Edited by - sunyata on Mar 18 2016 09:06:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  1:51:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm on fire.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2016 :  09:20:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Where to begin?

YES.

The wisdom of Yogani has been like being able to talk to a Big Brother you know your big brother if he is a good one will show you how to do allot of things.

If you say to your Big Brother this happened and that happened what does it mean? He will tell you and when he does not know he will also tell you that.

When you hear your Big Brother talk you will say oh so that is what that means ok I got it now.

What makes a Brother a Big Brother? He has gone before you and walked the miles you are still trying to cover and having done so he comes back to help your walk because he knows the road.

Here is to Big Brother Yogani. Thank you Big Brother.

Where to end?

YES

Edited by - So-Hi on Mar 19 2016 09:29:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2016 :  12:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After 2.5 years of following the AYP blueprint, samadi has become a laboratory of sorts, the blend of prana and silence in various combinations that flavors my daily life in washes of love and serenity. I never knew my body, mind, and spirit were capable of this.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2016 :  12:40:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1.5 years AYP, not new to yoga but I found here the tools to deepen my meditation practice. With these AYP practices I found that what I was looking for.
More inner silence, more love, and an inner fire that will never end.
The lessons and books Yogani has written gave me so much more insight in this journey, and the confidence to trust Guru inside.

Next to this, I found AYP friends, not knowing their names and faces, but I just love them.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2016 :  6:24:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYP has helped me a lot to relax and grow. It was tough going at times. I have come to a point where I am fairly relaxed and easy going as a person now. Conflict tends to avoid me now. I am practicing AYAM again (not regularly), with no overloading this time. I am enjoying the peace that I have earned after years of hard work.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2016 :  06:41:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes and thankyou yogani
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2016 :  3:46:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Helped immensely. I was probably psych ward bound with too much prana before AYP.

Now, I rarely practice more than here or there, but I'm mostly happy and very stable, after six years. I can always head up to the mountain top if I choose but these days I don't have much reason to.

Thanks Yogani
Go to Top of Page

Jayaratha

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2016 :  09:36:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been using the AYP meditation method for four years. It's helped me immeasurably by providing a simple framework for structuring spiritual practice. I have a core daily practice of 5-30 minutes of asana, 10 minutes of spinal breathing pranayama, and twenty minutes of meditation using the Shri Om Shri Om Ayam Ayam Namah Namah mantra. On the weekends, I usually expand the asana to 45-90 minutes (as I find that beneficial) and add on a few rounds of dynamic jalandara before the meditation and yoni mudra kumbhaka after. I practice once daily.I have experimented with twice-daily sittings and it just doesn't work for me. Once daily keeps me making progress and I am satisfied with the pace.

The benefits have been significant. I think the most important one is the understanding meditation brings that the thoughts, emotions, impulses, and so on that go on in our heads aren't the core of the "real" me. I am much calmer and steadier, and I feel a connection to some kind of cosmic consciousness (for lack of a better phrase). That's not to say that my mind doesn't get the better of me sometimes -- it does -- but even when this is the case, I can hold on to an awareness that whatever challenges I am facing externally are not the whole story and that there is a key part of me that is unaffected.

There have been physical benefits also. My digestion, for sure, has improved. I am very regular! I've also been drawn toward a healthier diet and have a much better understanding of how what I eat and drink impacts my mental state.

Yogani's clear and simple approach in laying out these tools, and perhaps most importantly his view that practice can be self-directed and doesn't require participation in belief systems or initiatory groups, has made this path accessible to me. For that I am extremely grateful.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2016 :  10:31:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Jayaratha

It's nice to hear there are people out there who have been practising AYP regularly for years.

quote:
Originally posted by Jayaratha
I think the most important one is the understanding meditation brings that the thoughts, emotions, impulses, and so on that go on in our heads aren't the core of the "real" me.
We are discussing this very topic on the AYP Plus forum.

Enjoy your journey
Go to Top of Page

Nirguna

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2016 :  10:44:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani
I have found in AYP what i could not find in India living on and off there for 5 years. I was not comfortable with guru initiations an my friend refer me to the AYP. I made significant progress over last 2 years since I stared. It i just getting better and more interesting. Conductivity is slowly arriving and that is exciting. I definitely works for me. Twice daily routine is established and it is all done with joy. I am happy where I am and eager for more. These days I am asking advanced AYP members to suggest how to even more spike my practice.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2016 :  01:44:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure the question meant, "Is AYP technique working for you?" I actually came here already practicing a slightly different system, although one which has a great deal of overlap with AYP (being likewise a classical tantric school).

But, absolutely AYP is "working" for me in the sense that I have found here a sangha better than any other, including the school that I belong to in which I am a teacher. There is a realness and openness among the members that is rare in my experience. AYP has got to have one of the highest concentrations of light and love of any organization on earth - and our members span the globe! I can log on to this Forum any time of the day or night and receive excellent feedback, support, encouragement, inspiration and LOVE from people who really get it. And I've made some wonderful lasting friendships here, in the company of real yogis. Thanks, Yogani, for everything. I love you guys!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2016 :  06:00:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

It is good to hear that so many people are having such good results from AYP practices.

Just to clear something up, the quote by the OP at the top of this thread, from Yogani, which was :"Is it succeeding? Sometimes I wonder?" was not referring to whether the AYP practices work or not. The quote comes from lesson addition 57.2 and it is referring to something else. Yogani was talking about spiritual teachers and whether someone can actually complete the spiritual path without the help of a real world spiritual teacher.

Over the years we have seen many people take up AYP practices and gain benefit from them. But without a teacher present, some have also fallen off the path, or become side-tracked. This is one of the reasons that Yogani has been setting up the Teacher Training Programme which will be starting next year. With guidance from a teacher who is present in the room and also with spiritual community around, it is possible for many to travel faster and further on the path.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2016 :  9:59:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Whether or not the inquiry was correctly interpreted from the lesson or not, it is still a valid and worthwhile inquiry.

Also, there are more possibilities here other than "gained benefit," "fell off the path" or "got distracted." For myself, AYP was monumental in redirecting my life's assumed trajectory and there was so much benefit it's hard to state it all succinctly. But for me the (formal) practices no longer held benefit after a certain point. I definitely didn't fall off the path or become distracted. And I personally know many others who have had a similar experience to mine. Many of us *were* teachers here at AYP. Everyone has a unique path and what practices are beneficial at one time may not be at other times. It's important to stay open to that possibility. Just thought that was worth mentioning.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2016 :  11:30:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not to interfere with your comment to Christi, Carson, but would you say that even though certain formal practices have been removed from your daily routine, that you still utilize the prime ingredients of bhakti, karma yoga (service), and self-inquiry, in your general trajectory of life? Your contributions on the forum (and well beyond the forum, I'm sure) still resonate with sincere devotion and divine love, which from my view, qualify you as a solid practitioner of the aforementioned three AYP techniques of bhakti, karma yoga, and self-inquiry.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  12:14:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bodhi

I would say that I no longer have any formal practice or daily routine. Life always presents exactly what I need to look at/address, in the moment (unless I'm being stubborn and refusing to listen ). I guess that could fall under ongoing self-inquiry but it's probably more just simple "self-awareness" and definitely nothing formal. And yes, there is also service to others happening. Again, it's nothing I go looking for though... Life just presents opportunities and as long as I'm paying attention I will take them when I can. Not sure that I would consider myself particularly bhakti oriented though... I'm enthusiastic about Life/living, but I'm not devoted to anything in particular. Maybe having as much fun or being the best dad possible.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Apr 25 2016 02:32:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  05:13:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Hi Christi,

Whether or not the inquiry was correctly interpreted from the lesson or not, it is still a valid and worthwhile inquiry.

Also, there are more possibilities here other than "gained benefit," "fell off the path" or "got distracted." For myself, AYP was monumental in redirecting my life's assumed trajectory and there was so much benefit it's hard to state it all succinctly. But for me the (formal) practices no longer held benefit after a certain point. I definitely didn't fall off the path or become distracted. And I personally know many others who have had a similar experience to mine. Many of us *were* teachers here at AYP. Everyone has a unique path and what practices are beneficial at one time may not be at other times. It's important to stay open to that possibility. Just thought that was worth mentioning.

Love,
Carson

Hi Carson,

Yes, it is certainly a worthwhile enquiry in it's own right. The way the question was phrased though, did make it sound as if Yogani was wondering if the AYP practices worked or not, which was not the case.

And yes, over time as you know, practices evolve and change, becoming increasingly about surrender, the practice of unconditional love and service to others.

What I meant by people who have "fallen off the path", was people who have found over time, through lack of support, either from a teacher or from spiritual community around them, that they could not maintain their spiritual practice, even though they wanted to. So that is a different thing.

Good to hear that you have not fallen off the path or become distracted by other things.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  07:05:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Maybe having as much fun or being the best dad possible.

Right on. You've got style, and I admire you for it. To quote Audioslave: "To be yourself is all that you can do." We're all just being ourselves, at the end of the day.

Re: the general topic of this thread, Lesson 57.2 is about AYP's deliberate divergence from the "trappings of a guru system", which can lead to co-dependence and a stifling of autonomy. The open-source design of AYP's platform lends itself to more independence and autonomy amongst the worldwide satelittes and micro-communities that are beginning to revolve around its central knowledge base. The Teacher Training Program will support that momentum, and that's why I'm attending.

Though leaders and teachers are necessary in any group structure, what is more important is the overall goal of living in a paradise of ecstatic bliss, where identities are like transparent clothing that are easily seen through. So, while it's nice to have a gold star by one's name, what's better is to have a community where everyone is joining together as co-practitioners and companions. The roles of student and teacher are secondary to the lifeblood of harmony and the unified purpose of cultivating inner silence in all activities.

OK, that's my public relations shtick. Now back to my normal mode of poet-journalist.
Go to Top of Page

BudhdheePrakash

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2016 :  4:43:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not sure whether Yogani will ever see my response but here I go anyway.

I was born in a religious family in India; I saw my grandfather doing some Kriya's every day but He never tried to teach me because I was not ready. Around the age of 20 I started reading and researching the answers to questions such as why am I here ? In that quest I read Osho, I read little bit of Bhagvad Geetha and A lot of writings of Gurdjieff.

Compared to all of my combined research of 25 years what I received from Yogani was hundreds of times more useful.
I will never be able to thank him enough ever ; and I will be in Yogani's debt for many lifetimes.

Thank you, Thank you thank you Yogani.
Go to Top of Page

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2016 :  09:08:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For me yoga four years and AYP 1.5. Purification slow but sure. Since AYP life has become much less of a struggle. Everything feels easy as though karma has been cleared, and my attitude is now whatever happens "that's okay". Impatience, frustration, anger, jealousy has been packing and leaving, things that used to annoy me and elicit a response rolls off my back. As Dennis says "the world looks nicer". Beautiful synchronicities. New yoga students are finding me from out of nowhere which has been a huge blessing. In AYP I have found a wise and supportive sangha that I treasure. Thank you Yogani and to everyone here who has always offered so much kindness and clarity to my oftentimes odd questions. As far as the yogis are concerned I am on the lowest rung of the ladder, and will probably never get it all done, but the journey is wondrous.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2016 :  09:53:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
to you prem
Go to Top of Page

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2016 :  12:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kumar

Bodhi - yes! AYP gives us freedom to be ourselves. Inner freedom, freedom to change negative patterns that have kept me in their clutches; freedom to respond with calmness and kindness even when others are angry or challenging; and, simply, freedom to enjoy whatever life brings.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2016 :  07:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste friends and I am forever indebted to Mr.Yoganiji for providing this and I got it when I was vry much desperately search for a proper techniques and here itwas I felt iit's all miracle because I was just searching in Google and I came across this site and it blew me out completely I think it's more than 5yrs. In between I had to stop due to my chronic kidney disease and I picked it up again as during these disease and bad times in life ayp was big support and soul string indeed..

Love and Light
Gayatri shiva
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000