Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 inner energy movements make me cold
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Godslave

Canada
108 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  1:46:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I find that my inner energy / breath movements are making me cold, i feel colder than others who are around me and I'm not sure if it's related to the Yoga or Kundalini. Any ideas or similar experiences?

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  3:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes - same experience here. But maybe it's just because we both live in cold countries...
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  4:43:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Godslave, welcome back

Sexual energy feels cool. (I guess this is the reason why water is the element associated with Svadhisthana Chakra). The sensation you're describing is one way in which Kundalini can make herself felt. Yogani talks about cool (and warm) currents in Lesson 63.
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
108 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  7:55:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting - thanks for the replies. I do sometimes feel intense heat, such as when exercising and breathing heavily while partly meditating. Or just sometimes when I'm working hard on something physical.

Other times, when I'm meditating/breathing and the top of my head lights up, I get chills coming down from my head across my shoulders and back. If I keep meditating/breathing, this extends throughout my arms, legs, torso.

Also, when I experience a lot of emotion I tend to get jittery/chilled. And this can often happen when I'm interacting with people. Sometime when I'm talking to people my energy goes a bit wild. I also sometimes get very distinct positive or negative impressions from people I don't even know, just from being near them, or sometimes from the brushing against me, especially if I'm in a meditative state. Any similar experiences?
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
108 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  7:56:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I also do the meditation/breathing and pull energy through my eyes into my head; this brings lots of chills...
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  06:20:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Godslave,
My experience with blocked emotional pain is that is cold, very cold. Whoever said hell is a hot place is wrong, it is a very cold and chilly place/state. I live in a hot place (temperatures 28 - 34 degrees) and I would break out in chills at mid-day during those painful times. Luckily, I found AYP and those times are now in the past.

Wishing you warmth

Sey
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  07:33:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
These are normal Kundalini symptoms - different people will get different combinations of these in the awakening phase, but they will smooth out with practice. It's very important to develop inner silence through regular meditation. Spinal breathing and the techniques we practice simultaneously with SPB can help too - you need to find the mix of practices for the level you are at and self-pace accordingly.
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
108 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  3:50:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I'll re-start the Deep Meditation, once a day for now. Last year I was doing it for a number of weeks and then added in SBP but after a while I stopped because that, combined with caffeine, was too much energy for me.

I'm drinking less caffeine and I haven't done DM without SBP for a long time. I'll try starting just the DM by itself for a while.

With my schedule, a single time per day is easier to fit in and develop a routine with. I hope I can keep it going this time.

Thanks for the replies.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000