New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2008 :  1:12:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Someone asks:

What can truth or reality gain by all our practice?

He uses truth and love interchangeably. He says:

"Nothing whatsoever, of course. But it is in the nature of truth or love, cosmic consciousness, whatever you want to call it, to express itself, to affirm itself, to overcome difficulties. Once you've understood that the world is love in action, consciousness or love in action, you will look at it quite differently. But first your attitude to suffering must change. Suffering is primarily a call for attention, which itself is a movement of love. More than happiness, love wants growth, the widening and deepening of awareness and consciousness and being. Whatever prevents that becomes a cause of pain, and love does not shirk from pain."

Nisargadatta, from a Jack Kornfield article
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  2:58:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One thing is quite clear to me: all that is lives and moves and has its being in consciousness, and I am in and beyond that consciousness. I am in it as the witness. I am beyond it as Being.

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  12:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Nice one! Thanks emc.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  3:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

What was never lost can never be found. Your very search for safety and joy keeps you away from them. Stop searching, cease losing. The disease is simple and the remedy equally simple. It is your mind only that makes you insecure and unhappy. Anticipation makes you insecure; memory, unhappy. Stop misusing your mind and all will be well with you. You need not set it right, it will set itself right, as soon as you give up all concern with the past and the future and live entirely in the now.

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  09:17:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Realization is but the opposite of ignorance. To take the world as real and one's self as unreal is ignorance, the cause of sorrow. To know the self as the only reality and all else as temporal and transient is freedom, peace and joy. It is all very simple. Instead of seeing things as imagined, learn to see them as they are. When you can see everything as it is, you will also see yourself as you are. It is like cleansing a mirror. The same mirror that shows you the world as it is, will also show you your own face. The thought "I am" is the polishing cloth. Use it.

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2008 :  4:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

It has nothing to do with effort. Just turn away, look between the thoughts, rather than at the thoughts. When you happen to walk in a crowd, you do not fight every man you meet, you just find your way between. When you fight, you invite a fight. But when you do not resist, you meet no resistance. When you refuse to play the game, you are out of it.

- - N I S A R G A D A T T A
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  1:59:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

The Supreme State is universal, here and now; everybody already shares in it. It is the state of being, knowing and liking. Who does not like to be, or does not know his own existence? But we take no advantage of this joy of being conscious, we do not go into it and purify it of all that is foreign to it.

Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  3:22:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

As long as you deal in terms: real - unreal, awareness is the only reality that can be. But the Supreme is beyond all distinctions, and to it the term "real" does not apply, for in it all is real and, therefore, need not be labelled as such. It is the very source of reality, it imparts reality to whatever it touches. It just cannot be understood through words. Even a direct experience, however sublime, merely bears testimony, nothing more. The Universal Mind (chidakash) makes and unmakes everything. The Supreme (paramakash) imparts reality to whatever comes into being. To say that it is the universal love may be the nearest we can come to it in words. Just like love, it makes everything real, beautiful, desirable.

~~ Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  12:56:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

[The centre of consciousness] cannot be given name and form, for it is without quality and beyond consciousness. You may say it is a point in consciousness, which is beyond consciousness. Like a hole in the paper is both in the paper and yet not of paper, so is the supreme state in the very centre of consciousness, and yet beyond consciousness. It is as an opening in the mind through which the mind is flooded with light. The opening is not even the light. It is just an opening. From the mind's point of view, it is but an opening for the light of awareness to enter the mental space. By itself the light can only be compared to a solid, dense, rocklike, homogeneous and changeless mass of pure awareness, free from the mental patterns of name and shape. The supreme gives existence to the mind. The mind gives existence to the body.

Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  12:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

As long as you are interested in your present way of living, you will not abandon it. Discovery cannot come as long as you cling to the familiar. It is only when you realize fully the immense sorrow of your life and revolt against it that a way out can be found.

Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  12:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

The person merges into the witness, the witness into awareness, awareness into pure being, yet identity is not lost, only its limitations are lost. It is transfigured and becomes the real Self, the sadguru, the eternal friend and guide.

Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  12:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

What is religion? A cloud in the sky. I live in the sky, not in the clouds, which are so many words held together. Remove the verbiage and what remains? Truth remains.

-Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  1:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know about you, but this line produces massive energy movements in my spine... Thanks, Balance!

quote:
The person merges into the witness, the witness into awareness, awareness into pure being
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  2:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

I don't know about you, but this line produces massive energy movements in my spine... Thanks, Balance!

quote:
The person merges into the witness, the witness into awareness, awareness into pure being

Cool! I can feel that as I read your words
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 17 2008 :  7:16:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Do realize that it is not you who moves from dream to dream, but the dreams flow before you, and you are the immutable witness. No happening affects your real being - that is the absolute truth.

- Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  12:42:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

In reality there is only the source, dark in itself, making everything shine. Unperceived, it causes perception. Unfelt, it causes feeling. Unthinkable, it causes thought. Non-being, it gives birth to being. It is the immovable background of motion. Once you are there, you are at home everywhere.

- Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  10:28:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I do not know bad people, I only know myself. I see no saints nor sinners, only living beings.

- Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  11:29:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

The question of resistance [to reincarnation] does not arise. What is born and reborn is not you. Let it happen, watch it happen.

Then, even in the body, you are not born. To be embodied or bodyless is the same to you. You reach a point when nothing can happen to you. Without body, you cannot be killed; without possessions, you cannot be robbed; without mind, you cannot be deceived. There is no point where a desire of fear can hook on. As long as no change can happen to you, what else matters?

Why not investigate the very idea of body? Does the mind appear in the body or the body in the mind? Surely there must be a mind to conceive the "I-am-the-body" idea. A body without a mind cannot be 'my body'. 'My body' is invariably absent when the mind is in abeyance. It is also absent when the mind is deeply engaged in thoughts and feelings.

- Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  2:26:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Break the bonds of memory and self-identification and the shell [of the person] will break by itself. There is a centre that imparts reality to whatever it perceives. All you need is to understand that you are the source of reality, that you give reality instead of getting it, that you need no support and no confirmation. Things are as they are because you accept them as they are. Stop accepting them and they will dissolve. Whatever you think about with desire or fear appears before you as real. Look at it without desire or fear and it does lose substance. Pleasure and pain are momentary. It is simpler and easier to disregard them than to act on them.

- Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2008 :  12:00:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What begins and ends is mere appearance. The world can be said to appear, but not to be. The appearance may last very long on some scale of time, and very short on another, but ultimately it comes to the same. Whatever is time-bound is momentary and has no reality.

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2008 :  10:58:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice one emc
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  6:40:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This discussion reminds me of a video Jill shared with us a while back. This video is quite interesting, and not what you think when you first begin watching:

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/229

namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  12:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

The consciousness in you and the consciousness in me, apparently two, really one, seek unity and that is love.

Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

eldy

Norway
11 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  1:29:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit eldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
such a beautiful quote , Balance!

thank you
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  4:14:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Why do you talk of action? Are you acting ever? Some unknown power acts and you imagine that you are acting. You are merely watching what happens, without being able to influence it in any way."

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000