Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Feeling of mantra and question on obstructions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eli

Slovakia
14 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  3:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I meditate just shortly.. About 3 months and only today during this evening meditation I felt for the first time the AYAM mantra as a vibration... It felt like beating of another heart:-) do you also feel it similarly?

What I wanted to ask... I read some posts on the forum today and it was written in one of them that if person has during the meditation thoughts related to his daily issues, it means that only surface obstructions are being worked on but if the person is in a something like a dream state, then deeper obstructions are being released. It means that for 3 months I am only working on the surface... Is it normal? Should i be concerned?
Anyhow whatever your insights are to be i will definitely continue in the meditations:-) just wanted to know whether i am strange or regular meditator:-)

Thanks in advance for your replies!

With love

Eli

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  3:37:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Eli,

Yes, the mantra can be felt in the body as a separate vibration. There are different mantras used in AYP. AYAM is the first mantra and other mantras are added as we progress through the lessons. Each mantra can be felt in a different way, and in different ways at different times.

During the early days of meditation, which often means the first year or two, it is quite normal to be experiencing only the surface mind. After some time, we begin to experience more subtle states of mind being experienced as dream states. There are more subtle levels of mind than this too, when we move beyond the dream states. Whatever you are experiencing is fine and obstructions are being cleared out. We always just simply keep to the meditation procedure of gently favouring the mnatra, whatever is happening in the mind.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Eli

Slovakia
14 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2015 :  01:21:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Eli,

Yes, the mantra can be felt in the body as a separate vibration. There are different mantras used in AYP. AYAM is the first mantra and other mantras are added as we progress through the lessons. Each mantra can be felt in a different way, and in different ways at different times.

During the early days of meditation, which often means the first year or two, it is quite normal to be experiencing only the surface mind. After some time, we begin to experience more subtle states of mind being experienced as dream states. There are more subtle levels of mind than this too, when we move beyond the dream states. Whatever you are experiencing is fine and obstructions are being cleared out. We always just simply keep to the meditation procedure of gently favouring the mnatra, whatever is happening in the mind.

Christi

Hi Christi,

Many thanks for your swift reply:-) OK, so this surface clearing is absolutely normal, it's a relief

Btw it's great to have this source of forum questions and answers ...Without it i think i would still be thinking the mantra in a wrong way.. Just based upon further clarifications i finally understood to listen to the mantra as it was from a distance (e.g from behind a wall) and just to be aware of the actual sound and to to hear it precisely.. In this way i was finally able to feel the vibration yesterday

Wishing you and all folks on the forum merry Christmas:-)

Eli

With love
Eli
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2015 :  03:03:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Eli, I think that yoga/DM works on all levels of obstructions.

In my case, having a very stressfull life both in my job and in my family, I always carry some daily fights/troubles right into my practice. What I clearly experience is that the practices first remove/releave those daily obstructions, and after that they go deeper and tackle older obstructions. Sometimes the daily obstructions can be so big that they absorb the whole benefit of the practices, but this is ok if I accept it. But, yes, sometimes it is hard to surrender and accept the fact that life challenges can be stronger than yoga.
Go to Top of Page

Eli

Slovakia
14 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  08:45:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ecdyonurus

Hi Eli, I think that yoga/DM works on all levels of obstructions.

In my case, having a very stressfull life both in my job and in my family, I always carry some daily fights/troubles right into my practice. What I clearly experience is that the practices first remove/releave those daily obstructions, and after that they go deeper and tackle older obstructions. Sometimes the daily obstructions can be so big that they absorb the whole benefit of the practices, but this is ok if I accept it. But, yes, sometimes it is hard to surrender and accept the fact that life challenges can be stronger than yoga.

Hi Ecdyonurus,

Thank you very much for your reply!:-) You are surely right! They must be stronger than yoga for the time being in my case. I need to develop a more profound patience obviously ...and now i find it funny that after 3 months of practice i was concerned about such a surface cleaning of obstructions Very naive;-)
Btw what i also noticed, regarding the cleaning, is that many times memories of certain parts of movies and series pop up even though i completely stopped to watch tv in October... They are coming also outside the meditation time and with emotions attached to them..very vivid a extremely catching in their nature..

I wanted to share too that my last days were a little bit more about experiences... I wondered, when i read posts of some people on this forum being terrified by their experiences that why the heck were they scared? ... And now i experienced a slight wind in a room with a closed window just before i felt asleep and bright light (only in the corner of my eye) during meditation and i was exactly the same scared i really had to fight to watch the mantra during my meditation and I am reluctant to walk in our flat when the light is off

i was so grateful when there was no light during my next meditation, i definetely need time to adjust to this new reality

Have a great day!

Love

Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
861 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  8:55:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, Eli!

You got good answers to your questions. The mantra purifies the mind starting with the bigger things, and going to more subtle things. In time, you will see the difference for yourself. Also, the meditation practice weakens the impressions that new experiences leave in the mind, so these experiences interfere less with the purity of the mind.

As you noticed, many thoughts come up with deep emotions - emotions of attachment, aversion, fear, or doubt. The thoughts that come up in meditation are less disturbing than the emotions or the reactions they trigger. These emotions or reactions are the "coloring" of the mind, and it is a good idea to "un-color" your thoughts - to let go of the emotions or reactions. A way to do this is to: 1. recognize the emotion; 2. allow it/accept it; 3. investigate what the emotions is telling you (how does the situation looks from the viewpoint of this emotion?); 4. non-atachment/ let go of the emotion/ surrender. Patanjali describes un-coloring the thoughts as a fundamental method to prepare for higher stages of meditation. Without un-coloring, meditation could become a continuous fight with the mind.

In your post, you described the mantra vibration as "a second heart." I do feel the same - a second heart vibrating at a much higher frequency than my regular heart. Sometimes, this second heart spins - I guess it is the heart chakra. It feels endless. The fact that you feel this shows that you are developing inner perception. Enjoy it!

Edited by - Blanche on Dec 27 2015 9:02:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Eli

Slovakia
14 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2015 :  02:02:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Blanche,

Thank you very much for your reply! I am so glad that you also feel the mantra as an another heart and the thing with its higher frequency is exactly what i feel too:-) and the spinning... Yes i feel it too mainly in my eyes' area and sometimes third eye

Regarding emotions and their processing.. Hopefully mine will be processed correctly.. once Sometimes, mainly in the evenings when i am tired, i become aware of negative emotions or even positive ones... They are attached to the current situation but somehow most of the time now i am able to identify them as a cleaning of something inside me that just needed a vehicle to get outside and that is the current situation i am experiencing.

Love
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2015 :  12:53:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Eli

Sometimes, mainly in the evenings when i am tired, i become aware of negative emotions or even positive ones... They are attached to the current situation but somehow most of the time now i am able to identify them as a cleaning of something inside me that just needed a vehicle to get outside and that is the current situation i am experiencing.

Love

Dear Eli - this is what Yogani refers to as "Rise of the Witness". You are starting to witness your emotions.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000