Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Some questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jigjnasu

France
28 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  2:23:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello

I started again the practice after a big pause and this time for now I successfully doing my twice daily practice for 3 months. I love it and feel like the process unfold. I currently practice 5-10mn SBP and 20mn DM and begining to feel very good at some time of the day aware between thougths, silentfull, blissfull.

But, yes there is always a but after an introduction like that

I have headache that arise during the practice (after 10-15mn) and subsist for almost an hour and sometime longer. Its not in all the brain, its in the top right always, sometime in the front right and back right too. For some period that sensation disapear. Some time I feel an unknown sensation in all my face during meditation, prominently on the right too (I cannot describe that sensation, its like my face is not moving ... Yes that is unclear). During the day I feel movement in my face like palpitation but not palpitation like a liquid that move.

Interestingly that almost never happen in my morning practice. During the morning practice awareness is not 'localized' but during evening practice the headache draw the awareness somewhere like the center of my head or I direct the awareness to the center of the head and it provoke headache I don't know which way its going.

For now I feel like that its either because in my morning practice I am more relax and pay less attention to the mantra (but in this case I didn't succeed to make my evening meditation like that for now). Or an other cause, is coffee or tobacco could produce this effect ? Could it be normal, I read during searching the forum for answer that some call that their Yoga Hat ?

I go through the pain and finish my practice but at some point its becoming harder and harder. Do you have any advice please ? I really love to practice and am torn between 'good' and 'bad' sensations. Yogani said that it should be pleasant but for me its both.

Thank you very much for any advice

Sorry for the poor expressed post really hard to translate into word.

Best wishes on your journey

EDIT: Stiff neck on the right side too.

Edited by - jigjnasu on Dec 18 2015 1:42:50 PM

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  4:16:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pain is the warning to slow down and not do so much.

Spinal Breathing can be a bit much try cutting back to only doing Deep Meditation.

If you ignore the pain it can get much worse.

Add some Asana method that you have to bend over while seated and hold the toes this will help relieve tension in the spine. If you cannot keep legs straight then as straight as you can will work until you can.

You can join AYP plus if you have not already and read the books on Asanas for free which is a better way and learn some basic asana like I have described.

Best wishes and do not attempt to push through pain. There is only so much anyone's system can tolerate at once and it takes less time to get where you want to go if you self pace.

quote:
Originally posted by jigjnasu

Hello

I started again the practice after a big pause and this time for now I successfully doing my twice daily practice for 3 months. I love it and feel like the process unfold. I currently practice 5-10mn SBP and 20mn DM and begining to feel very good at some time of the day aware between thougths, silentfull, blissfull.

But, yes there is always a but after an introduction like that

I have headache that arise during the practice (after 10-15mn) and subsist for almost an hour and sometime longer. Its not in all the brain, its in the top right always, sometime in the front right and back right too. For some period that sensation disapear. Some time I feel an unknown sensation in all my face during meditation, prominently on the right too (I cannot describe that sensation, its like my face is not moving ... Yes that is unclear). During the day I feel movement in my face like palpitation but not palpitation like a liquid that move.

Interestingly that almost never happen in my morning practice. During the morning practice awareness is not 'localized' but during evening practice the headache draw the awareness somewhere like the center of my head or I direct the awareness to the center of the head and it provoke headache I don't know which way its going.

For now I feel like that its either because in my morning practice I am more relax and pay less attention to the mantra (but in this case I didn't succeed to make my evening meditation like that for now). Or an other cause, is coffee or tobacco could produce this effect ? Could it be normal, I read during searching the forum for answer that some call that their Yoga Hat ?

I go through the pain and finish my practice but at some point its becoming harder and harder. Do you have any advice please ? I really love to practice and am torn between 'good' and 'bad' sensations. Yogani said that it should be pleasant but for me its both.

Also during pranayama its 'easy' even if its fuzzy to go up to down but its really hard going down to up I don't succeed most of the time. More over I don't feel sushumma well during pranayama but I do feel it very strongly during some silent moment of the day like a jolt of extatic feeling that go through it and resonate with the silence. Do you have any advice please ? Or exercice to be abble to move awareness more easily ? Take notice more prominently of sushumma ?

Thank you very much for any advice

Sorry for the poor expressed post really hard to translate into word.

Best wishes on your journey

EDIT: Stiff neck on the right side too.

Edited by - So-Hi on Dec 16 2015 5:04:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  12:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pain means that you are pushing too hard with yor practice. In other words, it means that you should change something. The right change could be self pacing by reducing practice duration (I did several times) or adding some balancing/grounding practice like asanas. You have to try yourself to find out what works best for you. And reread the lessons about the practices you already do - sometimes you rediscover some aspects you oversaw but really can make a difference. Also, read the lessons about self pacing. Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

jigjnasu

France
28 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  2:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you.

I have removed SBP and siddhasana for now, reduced DM to 15mn.

Morning great, some sensations in the head tonight but manageable, I will try for several days and see if its normalizing.

I read and reread lessons regularly :)

Didn't join AYP Plus yet, I will in january.

EDIT: D+1: Little pain sensation in the head all day, added five tibetan and the asana that you described So-Hi. Reduced DM to 10mn. No pain sensation occuring during meditation, still sensation observed in the head though, actually lessen the sensation but reappeared after meditation.

Edited by - jigjnasu on Dec 18 2015 1:45:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2015 :  4:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
No pain sensation occuring during meditation, still sensation observed in the head though, actually lessen the sensation but reappeared after meditation.

This is what I experience as "yoga hat" that comes on in 'spiritual moments' and fades in the 'everyday moments', nothing of concern unless you are in discomfort. Headaches are another matter all together, a certain indication to self pace.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2015 :  7:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Please self pace headaches. I didn't for a few months and payed the price.
Go to Top of Page

jigjnasu

France
28 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2015 :  06:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't understand quite well Dogboy, I found and reread your post where you mention it. I'll let that sink in for now.

Thanks for your concern lalow33

At this point it isn't painful for now, still that sensation in the head that arise in moment of the day but its good just a sensation, DM 10mn feel like a good format for now the sensation in the head is observed during meditation and other has begun to arise in the back, the neck and somewhere in the chest (during DM, sometime its moving, sometime not and sometime its a sensation a lot more subtle and pleasant) also an almost permanent tingling (like a very little contraction or little little ant) in the forehead at a place that could be ajna has appeared in the last few days.

Thanks again meditation is a lot more easy this way also comprehend self pacing a little more

Edited by - jigjnasu on Dec 20 2015 08:21:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

jigjnasu

France
28 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2016 :  8:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello there,

20 days later, pleasant meditations and new found depth.

I am quite thankful, no sensations or movement appear outside of meditation now, a little more of 'the witness' but without the same quality of observation in a way.

Felt again the tingling sensation in the forehead when I tried longer meditations (experimenting).

Safe pacing is better understand and even felt perhaps.

I am quite happy in the way DM unfold but I must reckon that those sensations are missed, they feeled uncomfortable yet now I want them.

Should I discard my desire for those sensations ?
Those sensations, were they really uncomfortable since now they are wanted ? Was those sensations incomplete ?
Is it a symptom for learning to self pace the other way around ?
Am I just impatient ?
Is longing for more feelings detrimental to the practice ?

I understand from lessons that one should not look for scenery yet, noticing what unfold, what happens during meditation, I want that. Also want to practice more, a lot more, and cannot do that (not sure about that but I play prudence), that bother me yet I am satisfied that way and it's beginning to bother me a little and I don't even know why

Did I miss something ? Am I over-thinking ?

Edited by - jigjnasu on Jan 08 2016 9:18:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2016 :  10:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello jigjnasu,

Great that things have stablized, it may be time to bring back some SBP and/or inch up your meditation time again, if you haven't already. Do it slowly over the week, adding minutes at a time, and take notice of your comfort in the everyday.

quote:
Should I discard my desire for those sensations ?
Those sensations, were they really uncomfortable since now they are wanted ? Was those sensations incomplete ?
Is it a symptom for learning to self pace the other way around ?
Am I just impatient ?
Is longing for more feelings detrimental to the practice ?

I understand from lessons that one should not look for scenery yet, noticing what unfold, what happens during meditation, I want that. Also want to practice more, a lot more, and cannot do that (not sure about that but I play prudence), that bother me yet I am satisfied that way and it's beginning to bother me a little and I don't even know why

Did I miss something ? Am I over-thinking ?

This process of inquiry is natural as you honor your practice, and one will miss pleasant sensation that goes away and try to understand of odd and unusual sensations that arrise as your neurobiology purifys. You will begin to analyze all sorts of attachments in your life that now appear in your lens. The Guru In You is manifesting, and through your sustained practice in the months ahead, you will better understand each other as you purify further. Sensations come and go and come again. All you have to do is observe as they step into the spotlight and surrender, over and over. Isn't it funny how your relationship changed to those once troubling sensations?! So what to do about these desires? Observe and surrender.

Yoga is entertaining, for sure! Good things are happening, jigjnasu!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000