Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Suffering 6 months, energy related?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Danhorse

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2015 :  11:59:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there,

I hope you can help me. I practice elementary yoga at home, but I am trying to find an answer to what is going on with me, and while searching the net, the idea of Kundalini energy being out of balance or blocked struck a chord. Details below, this is ruining my life..

1. What are your symptoms and how long have you had them? Are your symptoms primarily physical, psychological, or both?

6 months. Tiredness, fatigue, blurry vision, gritty eyes, thick feeling in ears, heavy pulling sensations in, feeling of tingly tendrils on sides of head, headaches, wooziness, heavyines, loss of concentration, poor memory. Intolerance to heat, head feels like is burning and brain swelling. Added anxiety and panic (not as bad though).

2. Are your symptoms ongoing, or intermittent? If intermittent, when are they most likely to occur -- during what kind of activity and/or time of the day? Is your sleep affected?

Both, ongoing, have them every day to greater or lesser extend, poor sleep, too much activity and tension makes it worse.

3. Do you consider your situation with kundalini to be the result of spiritual practices, or do you regard it to be spontaneous?

Resulting a single use of cannabis that resulted in a panic attack.

4. What sort of spiritual practices have you been engaged in, if any? How long? How often? Are you aware that excessive spiritual practice can aggravate kundalini, often with a delayed reaction?

Ive been doing meditations and visualisations nearly every day since it happened.

5. Do you consider yourself to be “sensitive” to spiritual practices? If so, with what practices, and what sort of measures have you taken to accommodate your sensitivity?

Yes, but not experienced enough to answer that.

6. Do you think drugs have contributed to your kundalini situation?

Yes.

7. Have you experienced traumatic events in your life that may have a bearing on your current symptoms?

I have always had stress and anxiety, but learnt to deal with it. Relationship breakups the most trauma ive had.

8. Is your sexual lifestyle affecting your symptoms? Are you aware that obsessively limiting sexual release can increase kundalini energy and symptoms?

Moderate in these aspects, not a factor.

9. What is your general diet? Are you aware that a lighter diet can stimulate kundalini?

Moderate, nothing exessive, although too much sugary foods. I eat meat.

10. Do you engage in moderate exercise regularly, like walking, yard work, etc? Are you aware that regular exercise can help stabilize ("ground") kundalini symptoms?

Not so much since it happened, i get so tired quickly, which can make my head worse.

11. Are you a highly devotional person? Are you aware that excessive devotional activity, satsang or spiritual study can aggravate an active kundalini?

No.

12. Are you engaged in ordinary daily activities like a job, school, family, parenting, social activity, service to others? Are you aware that such activities, undertaken without spiritual intention or expectations, can help ground excessive kundalini energies?

Not really, too much time to think sometimes.

13. Have you been examined and treated by a medical doctor or mental health professional for your symptoms in the past? If so, what was the result?

GP has refered me to neurologist, he does not know what is going on.

14. Are there other factors and/or measures you are taking in relation to your situation that are not covered above?

15. Optional: What is your approximate age (teen, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc.)? What is your gender? We ask because the manifestation of kundalini symptoms can be affected by these factors.

40s, male.

Best
Dan.

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2015 :  2:18:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dan

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. There are many here more knowledgeable than myself, many who have dealt with difficult k awakenings. What you are describing could be spontaneous kundalini awakening. You are saying that it resulted from a single use of cannabis. Does this mean that you've only used cannabis one time and this was the result? (or using for a period of time and the last usage resulted in the k awakening?) Trying to ascertain here if you're still using cannabis, because if you are, I would recommend against it. (Sounds like you aren't)

Your answer to question #2 regarding activity. Generally, any type of physical activity helps ground and calm down spontaneous k awakening. What kind and how much activity are you talking about?

Being in the UK, this is not an ideal time to stand in mud. But you might keep that suggestion in mind for next spring or summer, if your symptoms persist. And that is another question: How long have you had the symptoms? You say they are 'ruining your life'. I take that to mean that they are very difficult to cope with.

Assuming this is spontaneous k awakening (not sure it is), it is best not to fight or fear what is going on. Because that only makes it worse, increasing tension. If it is k, grounding techniques should considerably ease up these symptoms. And patience is mandated with k awakening. It is hard to be patient when what is wanted is immediate relief. Grounding usually provides relief for k awakening almost immediately ... it may take longer with an aggravated condition in which the symptoms are severe.

Best wishes on your spiritual path.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

Danhorse

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2015 :  3:20:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parvati, thanks for your reply

Yes it was a single use, had not done it for years, or since that episode.

Not doing much activity to be honest, office job looking at PC all day drains me and gives me headaches, but i need to do some i know, mabye walking or light yoga?

Ive had the symptoms for 6 months, which evolved from the cannabis white out and panic attack. Very hard to deal with and losing days at work through illness.

When it happened, i felt this weird energy rise from my feet to my head in a tidal wave.

Is there anything i need to do re grounding? apart from walking on the earth?

Thanks

Dan
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2015 :  3:55:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Please see the neurologist. Some of the symptoms could be medical, best to rule it out.

If neurologist appointment finds no answer, a pitta pacifying diet can help with the heat. Moderate exercise and social interaction can help with grounding the energy.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2015 :  5:37:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The main thing is to dream a little, and to feed your personal vision of enlightenment. All the practices, self-pacing, and daily activity will align with that momentum.

Imbalance, overload, residual friction, fear, anxiety...all these things get absorbed into the divine flow.

I quit smoking pot about 5 years ago and took up AYP stuff, and have been more engaged with life than ever. It's the union and merging with inside and outside that take care of all the symptoms. Trust your inner compass of self-pacing, and go do things that make you happy, and find other people that like to do the same thing. (That's what I'm working on in Tampa).

Deep Meditation is a steady way to cultivate inner silence, which will balance the energy. Then let stillness move you to be active (exercise, play music, work a full-time job, volunteer, learn, teach, dance, sing, and so on). Relax and enioy.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2015 :  7:27:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum. Even walking barefoot can help symptoms. Also if your diet allows, consume more meat which will help your situation.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2015 :  9:02:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A simple start for you is to find a gentle asana class nearby and go once or twice a week. You learn basic postures and good form. Asana exercise is grounding, and joining a class puts you with other yogis and makes you part of a community. Make your meditation a dedicated daily practice and find an approach that you like so it becomes a joy rather than a chore. And I second Lalow, follow through with that neurology appointment.

While there may be doubt if this is truly a premature kundalini event, the suggestions offered here should give you relief either way. Some folks are naturally predisposed to early awakening and sensitivity, and that marijuana became a crack in your dam. Things are different and you are now required to change your old ways; it may not seem like it now, but with some coping strategies, in time you may find your life richer than before that hit of pot.

Edited by - Dogboy on Dec 20 2015 9:04:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2015 :  9:38:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Danhorse,

Welcome to the forums. Great advise from everyone. Grounding activites- walking barefoot, eating heavy food- meat, laying on the floor, doing dishes with your hands, scrubbing floors, running. Once things have settled down. I would start with practices. One day you'll realize everything has changed , yet nothing has changed. It's the best feeling ever.

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Dec 20 2015 9:43:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2015 :  11:53:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dan

Are you noticing glare from the computer screen? My computer has a special low glare screen due to extreme sensitivity. Two posts isn't a lot to go on, but your symptoms could be a reaction to something at work, or aggravated by sitting all day primarily staring at the screen. This may not be feasible, but perhaps you could find part time work doing something more physical ... or spend more time outside even if the weather isn't great. Walking is wonderful grounding exercise. Also, I would recommend consulting an accupuncturist. I've had very good results with accupuncture. In my experience, it is often effective in conditions that are hard to diagnose.

If this is spontaneous k awakening, your body will probably be screaming at you to avoid that which is making you ill. You may want to consider stopping all spiritual practices, including meditation and visualizations (reference your answer #4). I would also recommend that you take a look at Ayurveda. Answer #7, that you've always had stress and anxiety, sounds Vata to me. Vatas are often very sensitive.

What is most concerning about your symptoms is not sleeping well. You may have to engage in some activity that will help you to sleep. Walking in fresh air may help out. Or you could try Chamomile or Skulcap tea. Skulcap tastes awful but is very relaxing. I think there may be something in your environment that is physically aggravating you and causing some (or most) of your symptoms. It could be an allergy, chemical sensitivity, or sensitivity to emissions from the computer screen.

Whether or not this is k awakening, it is also suggested that you spend more time in or near water. Long baths or showers, if so inclined. Water is healing for many conditions that involve overheating.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

Danhorse

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2015 :  08:34:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Please see the neurologist. Some of the symptoms could be medical, best to rule it out.

If neurologist appointment finds no answer, a pitta pacifying diet can help with the heat. Moderate exercise and social interaction can help with grounding the energy.

Thank you, and i shall take on board your advice
Go to Top of Page

Danhorse

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2015 :  08:36:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

The main thing is to dream a little, and to feed your personal vision of enlightenment. All the practices, self-pacing, and daily activity will align with that momentum.

Imbalance, overload, residual friction, fear, anxiety...all these things get absorbed into the divine flow.

I quit smoking pot about 5 years ago and took up AYP stuff, and have been more engaged with life than ever. It's the union and merging with inside and outside that take care of all the symptoms. Trust your inner compass of self-pacing, and go do things that make you happy, and find other people that like to do the same thing. (That's what I'm working on in Tampa).

Deep Meditation is a steady way to cultivate inner silence, which will balance the energy. Then let stillness move you to be active (exercise, play music, work a full-time job, volunteer, learn, teach, dance, sing, and so on). Relax and enioy.

Thank you! Yes i have always been a dreamer, loving the sparkle of lifes possibilities, and that has taken a big knock, my energy so low and many stresses (work, money, feeling ill) has kinda made me immobile, i must work on that, thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Danhorse

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2015 :  08:37:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jusmail

Welcome to the forum. Even walking barefoot can help symptoms. Also if your diet allows, consume more meat which will help your situation.

I shall do this, thank you
Go to Top of Page

Danhorse

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2015 :  08:41:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

A simple start for you is to find a gentle asana class nearby and go once or twice a week. You learn basic postures and good form. Asana exercise is grounding, and joining a class puts you with other yogis and makes you part of a community. Make your meditation a dedicated daily practice and find an approach that you like so it becomes a joy rather than a chore. And I second Lalow, follow through with that neurology appointment.

While there may be doubt if this is truly a premature kundalini event, the suggestions offered here should give you relief either way. Some folks are naturally predisposed to early awakening and sensitivity, and that marijuana became a crack in your dam. Things are different and you are now required to change your old ways; it may not seem like it now, but with some coping strategies, in time you may find your life richer than before that hit of pot.

I will look into the Asana, thanks. Well, it seems to tie in with awakening, it really was a sudden rush and my head went through the roof, very strong energy. Now it could have been just the weed, but the symptoms do feel a lot like blocked energy too. I am no expert of course, but fairly intuitive, when i do visualisations, they now have an immediate effect on my internal energy and physical symptoms, not always seemingly for the better... So i might need to lay off those .
Go to Top of Page

Danhorse

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2015 :  08:42:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Hi Danhorse,

Welcome to the forums. Great advise from everyone. Grounding activites- walking barefoot, eating heavy food- meat, laying on the floor, doing dishes with your hands, scrubbing floors, running. Once things have settled down. I would start with practices. One day you'll realize everything has changed , yet nothing has changed. It's the best feeling ever.

Sunyata

Thanks for the reply, yes good advice there, i shall!
Go to Top of Page

Danhorse

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2015 :  08:55:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by parvati9

Dan

Are you noticing glare from the computer screen? My computer has a special low glare screen due to extreme sensitivity. Two posts isn't a lot to go on, but your symptoms could be a reaction to something at work, or aggravated by sitting all day primarily staring at the screen. This may not be feasible, but perhaps you could find part time work doing something more physical ... or spend more time outside even if the weather isn't great. Walking is wonderful grounding exercise. Also, I would recommend consulting an accupuncturist. I've had very good results with accupuncture. In my experience, it is often effective in conditions that are hard to diagnose.

If this is spontaneous k awakening, your body will probably be screaming at you to avoid that which is making you ill. You may want to consider stopping all spiritual practices, including meditation and visualizations (reference your answer #4). I would also recommend that you take a look at Ayurveda. Answer #7, that you've always had stress and anxiety, sounds Vata to me. Vatas are often very sensitive.

What is most concerning about your symptoms is not sleeping well. You may have to engage in some activity that will help you to sleep. Walking in fresh air may help out. Or you could try Chamomile or Skulcap tea. Skulcap tastes awful but is very relaxing. I think there may be something in your environment that is physically aggravating you and causing some (or most) of your symptoms. It could be an allergy, chemical sensitivity, or sensitivity to emissions from the computer screen.

Whether or not this is k awakening, it is also suggested that you spend more time in or near water. Long baths or showers, if so inclined. Water is healing for many conditions that involve overheating.

love
parvati

Parvati, thanks. I have always been very sensitive to PC screens, i do have the contrast and brightness right down low. TBH though, all thse symptoms and apparent dis-ease has all manifested right after the weed and panic attack episode, never had anything like this before.

I did have a course of acupuncture, did not really help me..

You are right on that sitting in front of a PC is not helping me though. I have been thinking for a while, before this illness, that the environment was not good for me, and its way worse now and aggravates it. but being able to change jobs is not easy for me, i shall keep on pondering that though. I really need a complete change of lifestyle.

You might be onto something with the idea to stop meditating etc, this link below is to a post that brought me here, it really got me thinking and the author of the thread mentions stopping all meditation as well.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3296

For a bit more info on myself:

I have always been sensitive and emotional, intuitive, have some wisdom that i try to grow all the time. I love nature, all things beautiful and joyful to the soul. The last few years life has got worse and worse, felt trapped by circumstance, job, relationship, money.. all of them hitting against each other to restrict options to move forward - and moving forward has always been the spark of life for me.

Before i decided to try the weed, i had got to a point where all my love for life had kinda gone, stopped by restriction and lessening confidence. And then the episode happened. At first it felt like i was being shaken up, the universe saying 'here you go, heres a thing to overcome, something that changes your mindset and your energy', but for 6 months its just dragged me down more and more.

I do think that i was primed for this to happen, and the weed did make a 'crack' in the armour. But i sure wish it had not.. Every day i never get past a hungover feeling, and that is the least of it. Every day, woozy, sometimes dizzy at times. I try to be positive and need to work on that more.

One thing that is proving an issue, i am having to stay away from sex, the energy is rushing to my head making everything worse!

Edited by - Danhorse on Dec 21 2015 11:55:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2015 :  12:54:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
For a bit more info on myself:

I have always been sensitive and emotional, intuitive, have some wisdom that i try to grow all the time. I love nature, all things beautiful and joyful to the soul. The last few years life has got worse and worse, felt trapped by circumstance, job, relationship, money.. all of them hitting against each other to restrict options to move forward - and moving forward has always been the spark of life for me.

Before i decided to try the weed, i had got to a point where all my love for life had kinda gone, stopped by restriction and lessening confidence. And then the episode happened. At first it felt like i was being shaken up, the universe saying 'here you go, heres a thing to overcome, something that changes your mindset and your energy', but for 6 months its just dragged me down more and more.

I do think that i was primed for this to happen, and the weed did make a 'crack' in the armour. But i sure wish it had not.. Every day i never get past a hungover feeling, and that is the least of it. Every day, woozy, sometimes dizzy at times. I try to be positive and need to work on that more.

Thanks for sharing your story Dan. For now, don't over analyze what's going on. Focus on grounding that excess energy with the grounding techniques. Take up practices when the body mind is ready. With practices- in months or years from now you'll look back to these days and the story about your self from birth till now and smile.

Edited by - sunyata on Dec 21 2015 12:55:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2016 :  1:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Try the water breath from here: http://www.iam-u.org/media/kundalini_syndrome.pdf
This helped me a lot to calm the energies :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000