New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Jayleno214

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  8:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lol im relieved you know you are. For a second there i had nothing to say but "keep up the practices."

Ive been that way too voluntarily for the past 5 years.

Along the way bhakti surged and it felt like pressure or temperament, at those times practices elevated to pleasure. But no where near to how it is now with mulabhanda. The rest of the practices increase the bhakti it seems through tastes of the divine.

Like we are born sharks and pleasure is the blood. We know what needs to be done, and we want it done.

I digress though. I must add plenty of positive changes occured with just meditation.

Have u had those instances of bhakti surges? Times when you think you need more in practice?
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  9:21:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh I've been able to add several practices in the last year with great stability. I'm back to mantra meditation, SBP, heart breathing, and samyama. My " halfassing" may be misinterpreted. Not sure if I'm explaining it correctly, it's not that I don't care. Just being gentle with this body. No forcing at all. Christi and Yogani both told me to take it easy with all the crown stuff, which wasn't balanced. I've been able to keep the same practices and times for the last 4-6mo. I feel"normal", which may sound weird. I was previously in highs then bottoming out, having all kinds of premonitions, seeing ghostly things, feeling doomed, paranoid. Not fun.
Go to Top of Page

Jayleno214

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  10:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh i understand where you are coming from now. I would do exactly the same.

I can relate. I did "ecstasy" (no ecstasy experienced, more like bliss and divine love outpouring)/ mdma pills in high school sime 5 times and that's what set me on the path. I experienced siddhis and other great realizations. But must importantly the way down was bad enough to say" no more". After finding AYP i realized my crown opening without permanent purification was causing the pain. What else could cause it after so much of a good thing?

Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  1:23:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Remarkable how this topic has evolved. It is not only curious to observe but a pleasure to see how AYP as a whole seems to have advanced lately from what it was less than a year ago.

What I mean by this is the topics are becoming more mature and the answers more complete than ever before.

In particular Christi and his answers in this thread are really superb and I have noticed more of a flow of more mature content and answers coming out of Yogani as well.

This is not to say that these persons did not already have the capacity to answer in such a way but that they are doing so now more so than ever and this is being seen more and more in the plus forums.

Fantastic answer Christi much appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  08:36:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I started to do DM I was a returning practitioner of ™. I interpreted the DM technique as identical to TM, except for the change of mantra.

In TM, you start the mantra and repeat it. It may morph, as was described in this thread. If your mind wanders or thoughts of any kind occur, do not force anything (never force anything!). You know you are not on the mantra when you think "I'm not on the mantra." That indicates that the current episode of thoughts is over, and you should then start the mantra again, gently and smoothly. This mantra-thought-mantra cycle may occur once in a sitting, or many times in a sitting. It doesn't matter if it never happens, or if you lose the mantra completely, but it's not intended that you fall asleep.

It any case, awareness of snoring is awareness that you are not on the mantra, and it would then be time to gently re-start the mantra.

I find I am aware of the mantra continuing even if it has totally lost its form. It's still clear when I have the mantra, and when the distraction ends. During the distraction I am only aware of the distraction - it's not about thinking two things at the same time, at least for me.
Go to Top of Page

Jayleno214

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2016 :  10:44:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Forcing it to some degree is synonymous to bhakti. At least it is in my Current understanding of its practical application.

Ive since stopped applying forcing/bhakti. I could not keep it up consistently. I got headaches, and felt spiritually clogged or at a plateau.

Half assing it in terms of the attention and focusing on the mantra does not produce pleasurable rapture but works wonders once in daily activity. It makes me feel transcendent. Which is awesome. But i miss the pleasure and the effects of it in daily activity. Im hoping ill purify enough to reach that point soon.

The kundalini snared me no doubt about it.. I feel I've learned a valuable lesson in self pacing.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  06:16:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Be cognitive that surrendering effort (and not forcing) does not equate to "half-assing". Surrendering and letting prana flow 'narurally' can be a large boost to your bhakti when you discover the power within true surrender; another yogic paradox for sure! Your trial and error will fine tune over time and dedication.
Go to Top of Page

Jayleno214

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  11:39:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dont mean to create something out of nothing nor split hairs on this but i feel its important i add this for newbies:

Surrendering might mean something abstract and nebulous to newbies, especially when talking about implementation specifics.

How does a newbie surrender? Half ass the meditation, just repeat the mantra and do nothing else but come back to it when u r no longer repeating it. Half assing automatically eliminates forcing or concentrating. This makes sense to me since i was inclined to force, especially in the event of ecstatic conductivity. I understand it might not resonate to some but then again nothing does resonate 100% to all.

Ofcourse you can further half ass that and not pick up the mantra or go off in thought when you know you can, that's not what i mean. Stay on course and half ass the course. Golden advice. It makes all the difference.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  12:04:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Surrender for new or old hat is the same. Surrender = Surrender.

When the waves above crushed you into the sand and the weight is so great the salt water is in your throat and your lungs yet tastes like home, like mother earth, you know no amount of effort will change things you give your attitude the permission to surrender it is okay to let go, it is okay to die. It is okay to fail, it is okay not to try.

In that moment you live perhaps for the very first time and the ocean delights in tossing you up on the beach coughing hacking and spitting with snot flowing out of every hole in your head along with seawater and the desire to get right back in there with her and hone your skills.

Surrender is what the dying old person does when they know it is okay to let go.

Surrender is accepting the fact that the girl loves you and you let go of all your fears and love her in return.

Surrender is recognizing you never were to begin with and it is all very funny this is a great relief.

Surrender is in your heart and no where else. Release your heart just let the tensions relax like a puppet with cut strings.

Let go of your life into every repetition of practice let the very essence of that which is tense in you flow into that. When you feel the tension again release again.

How many times? as many times as you notice it not being utterly with ease.

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  12:11:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Boy I love that term! The topic is can't get easy with practice. Tell someone who is tense or frustrated to just relax, be easy. Sometimes, it makes the person more tense and frustrated!

Some people(like me) have what I call grippy attention. You really don't know that you are forcing something, cause this is how your attention is. Some people have wide attention. They can multitask. I can't. My attention was zoned in on one thing in a gripping way.

After reducing effort in meditation ( halfassing it), it's much smoother. Attention is more relaxed in daily life.

I was never talking about overall Bhakti. It's still there. I'm just easier with practices.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  1:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jay,

Lots of good advice already. Just wanted to share what surrender has become for me. My spiritual life started with a lot of fanfare~major openings, visions,feeling chakras and so on. So when I took up meditation~I viewed it as a very special thing that I was doing.

An example~ when you brush your teeth, do you think of it a lot. You brush your teeth and go about your day. Spiritual practices are the same for me these days, it's brushing my mind~Brush my mind and go about my day. It's surrender- Do your practice and let it go.

When the witness is more abiding, you'll be able to see yourself more clearly. More often people reside in their head~thinking, wondering if they are doing everything correctly. When you starts residing more in the body than the head, it's easier to just be. Noticing tensions and just relaxing into it. Just being=surrender.

For New practitioners~ Don't overthink/over analyze, do your practices. Re-Read the lessons or forums if there is some confusion. There are clunky stages. But don't overthink. We are trying to go past the over thinker/over analyzer with our practices.

Not sure if this helps.

Edited by - sunyata on Jan 12 2016 1:38:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  1:33:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow33 generally it is a very bad idea I agree it will make them feel more frustrated part of that is because they feel you are imposing your will on them.

Grippy attention is very good I like that term and it is good to have it is at the point where you are, where you realize that "You really don't know that you are forcing something, cause this is how your attention is."

From here you will make wonderful progress, because you know yourself and how you work.

quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Boy I love that term! The topic is can't get easy with practice. Tell someone who is tense or frustrated to just relax, be easy. Sometimes, it makes the person more tense and frustrated!

Some people(like me) have what I call grippy attention. You really don't know that you are forcing something, cause this is how your attention is. Some people have wide attention. They can multitask. I can't. My attention was zoned in on one thing in a gripping way.

After reducing effort in meditation ( halfassing it), it's much smoother. Attention is more relaxed in daily life.

I was never talking about overall Bhakti. It's still there. I'm just easier with practices.

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  2:29:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do want to say that I agree with sunyata. You don't have analyze or over think your practice. I was just trying to share my experience. Maybe it's not correct or for a large group of people. I'm not sure I'm explaining my experience with the right words. I certainly don't want people to over think their practices.
Go to Top of Page

Jayleno214

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  9:51:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Im right there with lalow, i have grippy attention.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000