Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Spontaneous movements
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  2:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been experiencing spontaeous 'kriyas' such as uddhiyana with and without khumbaka, slight head movements left and right, etc for some time now. I generally experience these just as I'm drifting off to sleep at night. They are always very pleasant. Last night for the first time I experienced spontaneous Jalandhara. Again, no problem. The thing is, I am rather more irregular in my meditation and pranayam than regular. Sort of self pacing by default. :) I've always felt that I "should" be more disciplined and regular in my practice but now I'm begining to think otherwise. If I do my meditaion everyday, twice a day perhaps I'd fry myself. Any thoughts?

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  5:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm with you....easily fried.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  8:37:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
IMO a steady twice a day practice of Spinal Breathing 5 to 10 min and meditation for 10 to 20 min, without any add-ons.. is a very good way to stabilize the crazy kundalini symptoms ... Now this is what I have experienced.. and others here will correct me if I am wrong...

When I first came to AYP.. I was in a state of total energy overload. I had all the kundalini symptoms.. crown activity, visions that made be hate meditation... I had stopped all spiritual practices at that point... Actually, I have no idea why I was still trying to find something more along the spiritual lines.

I emailed Yogani, and he told me all the wonderful things that we here at the forum tell everyone.. read from the first chapter, just do meditation, then add things one at a time. Of course I was totally disgusted with the whole meditation thing at that time.. and was in no mood of following any practice.. thought it would make things worse.. so I did nothing.. till 3 months later my head was ready to explode.. I re-read Yogani's email.. and went into meditation 20 min.. along with Spinal breathing.. 10 min.. It definitely did not help.. but stopping had not helped either. So I continued this and after about 2 months I felt some relief from the crown activity.. and after a little over a year and a half of twice a day practice.. I'd say I am more stable now than I have ever been in my life.

So if you ask me .. no matter how horrible the symptoms feel with the minimum practice.. the symptoms without can feel just as bad.. and if there is a steady routine.. the benefits of practice will kick in.. and the kundalini energy will be more under control.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  04:02:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am experiencing exactly the same things (except Jalandhara - what is that?) and it started to happen spontaneously before I even started meditating. Again - often while going by train. Now it can come whenever. My head turns left or right - most often left. I have been told that right means physical world and left spiritual world. (Tonal vs nagual). My stomach raises, my breathing does whatever it wants to nowadays. =) I just trust everything is okey and just let it happen and follow.

A few times I get spontaneous kundalini rushes in my spine resulting in energy body orgasm. I just take it as a gratification from the source when I need it. =)

I feel no need to be regular and firm in my meditation practices. It all seems to happen the way it should anyway. Trust. I trust that life is doing what is good for me.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  04:05:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello there

I have experienced almost exactly the same thing except my movements were so extreme i was in danger of damaging myself physically.

What to do? well there is nothing really to add to shanti's post except spinal breathing was an almost instantaneous answer for me it doesnt sound as if your symptoms are extreme at all a lot of us get some movement during meditation and when drifting off to sleep I don't think there is anything to worry about there. I would carry on with regular practice and just self pace as necessary
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  2:35:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone. Yes, the movements are not at all violent or uncomfortable in any way. Actually they feel very pleasant. I think for now I'll just go along as I am, and I'll get more regular when it feels right. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000