AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Balance?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  08:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kumar ul islam

i knew you would be waiting

Boo
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  08:33:43 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
freedom and love awaits open your heart
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  08:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

quote:
Originally posted by karl

LOL everyone except the heretic

I meant exactly the opposite - pointed out you were one of "you guys" in my previous post, despite the fact that you don't warm up to hugs. I'm fine with that too.

Then I took the liberty of taking advantage of your amphibolous statement.

I will play if it is only for play.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  08:42:08 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm hungry, let's eat.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  08:45:49 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
the lord said.you have been mourning for those who should not be mourned for ;yet you speak word of wisdom .niether for the living nor for dead do the wise grieve.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  08:46:20 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

freedom and love awaits open your heart

You must know what it is and why it is before you can offer it. Don't go making bets you cannot cover.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  08:47:49 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

I'm hungry, let's eat.

Ah yes. I'm all in favour. What shall we have I wonder ?
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  08:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

I'm hungry, let's eat.

What am I ?
Who am I ?
What for am I here ?
Am I ?
Saterday special
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  08:55:07 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
you lament losing the process you rely on do not mourn the loss of this its another attachment ,when these processes are niether alive or dead then your own wisdom does not grieve
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  08:55:41 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

the lord said.you have been mourning for those who should not be mourned for ;yet you speak word of wisdom .niether for the living nor for dead do the wise grieve.

Quoting scripture shall not feed the hungry nor comfort the sad.

your understanding of that passage is different to mine.

Edited by - karl on Jul 04 2015 09:23:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  08:58:26 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
your heart begins to open let go
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  09:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

you lament losing the process you rely on do not mourn the loss of this its another attachment ,when these processes are niether alive or dead then your own wisdom does not grieve

A process simply is. If it halts it ends.

You do not know f you are attached to anything . First investigate if there is any such attachment. You will see no such thing is possible.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  09:06:14 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
H
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

quote:

quote:

I'm hungry, let's eat.

What am I ?
Who am I ?
What for am I here ?
Am I ?
Saterday special

Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  09:06:37 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
nothing ends karl just new beginings
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  09:07:54 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

your heart begins to open let go

I would concern yourself with your own heart. That's the best advice I can give if that is worth much at all.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  09:12:27 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

nothing ends karl just new beginings

If nothing ends then nothing begins. You have not thought out your premesis.

Careful of equivocation Kumar.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  09:18:04 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
my heart is open to you right now ,do not be angry do not desire to be right or wrong this is the enemy it devours all
enveloped is knowledge ,oh son of kunti ,by the insatiable fire of desire ,which is the constant foe of the wise.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  09:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
i am not thinking i am being .
let a man be lifted up by his own self ;let him not lower himself;for he himself is his friend ,and he himself is his enemy.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  09:27:51 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

my heart is open to you right now ,do not be angry do not desire to be right or wrong this is the enemy it devours all
enveloped is knowledge ,oh son of kunti ,by the insatiable fire of desire ,which is the constant foe of the wise.

See who's heart it is that is open, find that one. See who is saying these things find that one.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  09:35:13 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
in a clean spot having fixed his a firm seat niether too high nor to low and having spread over it a kusa grass ,and then a deer skin ,and then a cloth ,
and sitting there ,he should practice yoga for purification of the self,restraining the activities of his mind and senses and bring his thoughts to one point

i am looking
fellow seeker
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  09:46:13 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

i am not thinking i am being .
let a man be lifted up by his own self ;let him not lower himself;for he himself is his friend ,and he himself is his enemy.

If you are not thinking then how are you being ?

These aren't just logical fallacies, they are fallacies within fallacies. The verse you quoted is also correct.

Let a man be lifted 'up' let him not 'lower' himself.
For he is friend and enemy.

Let me expand it from my understanding and then you can comment. Neither of us will know what the writer meant exactly so we cannot say more than 'this is how I see it'.

Up is higher consciousness. In ancient times higher consciousness was enlightent and enlightenment was reason. Questioning everything in order to discover the truth. To define a thing.

Lower is the beast ( dramatic sounding )it is our base brains, these are responsible for animal instincts and above them sits our emotional centres. Emotion was always regarded as the enemy, the beast within. It was one reason why women were often excluded as they were thought too emotionally compromised-I don't subscribe to that thesis by the way, it was more than likely a power play.

Whilst emotion is in control it makes us avoid reason and logic. Our minds are then ruled by mysticism, emotion, intuition, superstition.

Heart does not mean what you think it does. You presume it means a feeling of love. Yet it actually means centre. Centre is geometric. If you study the quadrivium you will see that centre, line and arc were/are enormously important. It means from whence it originates.

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  09:53:42 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

in a clean spot having fixed his a firm seat niether too high nor to low and having spread over it a kusa grass ,and then a deer skin ,and then a cloth ,
and sitting there ,he should practice yoga for purification of the self,restraining the activities of his mind and senses and bring his thoughts to one point

i am looking
fellow seeker

And that is what I did and still continue to do. You can anoint it with self inquiry if you have gained sufficient mental quiet and order of thought. I dispense with kusa grass and deerskin though too high, too low were not physical attributes but mental attitudes. Neither slave nor king.

Edited by - karl on Jul 04 2015 09:54:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  11:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

The emotion gets transferred to the instrument you are playing, the girl dancing, the sounds. It is a distraction. Objective and subjective then flow together when they ought not to.

Ahhhh...there is the issue.

It seems like you are stuck, and perhaps not letting the witness dissolve in unity. Don't worry, it will happen (it surely already is happening ).

When objective and subjective flow together, there is true joy, which is the ultimate fruit of all practices, as well as the supreme siddhi. For you to say "they ought not to" is a mental obstruction and barrier to full enlightenment. It is easily dissolved with active surrender, which moves us beyond the witness stage.

I would advise a healthy dose of Walt Whitman, whose writing has great power, and can help make the boundaries more transparent, fluid, and remarkably radiant.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  11:14:59 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
you are tied to mental attitudes a slave to your own words i have one final piece of scripture for you take it as you please from me it is from a heart and love that is where i am at the momment maybe you are far ahead or far behind or we are both nowwhere but my discussion ends thankyou

some look on the self as a wonder
some speak of it as a wonder
some hear of it as a wonder
still others ,though hearing do not understand it at all .
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  11:23:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
P.S. Emotional content and transference are at the very crux of our progress. The more bhakti there is for our chosen ideal, the more progress. The "transference" occurs in the infinite heartspace, in which our emotional longing is projected onto our visionary goal, which is also our Self. That is the cosmic comedy and drama. It is absurd, tragic, and by far, sublimely beautiful, that we happen to be chasing ourselves, but nevertheless, we must surrender to the chase by investing our emotional energy towards the cherished ishta.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000