Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 How to integrate AYP in my own way?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2015 :  3:06:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been meditating for a few years but never did it as a routine. I did it randomly. Now, i tried to integrate the AYP system in my system. Recently, I have been meditating once daily due to time constraint. I actually observe my breath first and take it as deep meditation and after 15 min i use mostly "Om Gam ganapate namah" for rest of the my sitting. I dont know if the mantra part is a deep meditation or not. And now i have started to take the breathing as paranayama. But i dont know if the mantra like"Om Gam ganapate Namah" can replace "I am" mantra from ayp.
Also, just for info i realized a lot using the ganesh mantra.

Blanche

USA
861 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2015 :  07:57:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Iseekbalance! Welcome to the AYP Forum!

It seems that you are getting ready to take your practice to a new level. Random practice gives random results. Consistent practice gives consistent results.

Mantras have different effects on the level of purification and the depth and intensity of meditation. I do not have experience with your current mantra, so I cannot comment on its effects. If you feel strongly about it and put considerable time working with this mantra, you could continue with it - it will be your experiment. The AYP uses IAM mantra, which is very powerful and balanced. If you decide to use the IAM mantra, you can find more support and advice here, as there are many who use this mantra in deep meditation.

It would be best to focus on one kind of meditation rather than mix different methods. Mantra meditation is more powerful than breathing meditation, so you might want to stay with the mantra meditation.

In any case, read the AYP lessons from the beginning and make sure you self-pace in your practice.
Best wishes on your chosen path!
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2015 :  09:35:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello issekbalance.

Years ago it was decided here to create my own system, after all everything can be figured out if one only applies themselves right?

Well I failed.

Later another system was taken up. Later after years of being aware of AYP from 2005 till present times this other system was practiced.

During this time there was a book that kept catching my eye it was called Secrets of Wilder a publication by this site owner Yogani.

For years it was avoided as the inner voice the inner Guru if you will would whisper "NOT YET"

One day after doing all that could be done and being dissatisfied with the Guru's that had been met and learned from the book came up again and this time the inner Guru gave the okay so it was purchased and read and there were so many things that happened in that book that it could have been this life story this script lived through but in a different setting.

The writer wrote as only one with realization by experience can. The author in this opinion is something of a Spiritual Practices Genius. Where I failed he succeeded in creating a clean straight forward non sectarian effective approach to spiritual practices and I bow before him with deep appreciation and gratitude for not only sharing it all but remaining a part of it participating with all who have come to his practices via this site.

This book somehow was able to make AYP come together and make sense.

There is no need to reinvent the wheel it is all right here, you have the right idea, in this opinion you should learn Spinal breathing and IAM meditation as this appears to be where you are being led anyway.

You also might want to consider reading the Secrets of Wilder it is a fictional narrative but there is more truth in it than you will likely read anywhere else and the AYP practices are outlined as they were discovered in the form of a story which makes it all so much easier to assimilate.

Edited by - So-Hi on Jun 23 2015 09:54:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2015 :  02:11:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks So-Hi and Blanche for reply. After the day i had a kundalini outbreak about 2 years ago, I tried AYP "I am" mantra for sometime but i did not feel too much going on, on the other hand when i used Ganesh mantra i would feel energy and then feel peace because may be that time i was really yearning to find out truth about life as i was really depressed. I am really connected with Ganesh and he is mu gurudev so out of respect and my will could i be able to do the AYP methods and in the end also meditate with Ganesh mantra atleast one time a day? It's like i really want to connect with lord ganesh. So can i do this? Or will it be too much to do the pranayama, i am mantra and ganesh mantra at one sitting?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2015 :  06:05:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Iseekbalance,

Perhaps you should set aside a few minutes of your day (just before sleep?) to honor Ganesh and chant the mantra, and separate it from your AYP practice. In this way you take your love for ishta Ganesh with you into the dreamscape, and then have a better handle on how AYP influences your daily comings and goings. It is important to have a completely separate practice to gauge cause and effect.

Edited by - Dogboy on Jun 24 2015 07:44:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2015 :  06:17:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by iseekbalance

Thanks So-Hi and Blanche for reply. After the day i had a kundalini outbreak about 2 years ago, I tried AYP "I am" mantra for sometime but i did not feel too much going on, on the other hand when i used Ganesh mantra i would feel energy and then feel peace because may be that time i was really yearning to find out truth about life as i was really depressed. I am really connected with Ganesh and he is mu gurudev so out of respect and my will could i be able to do the AYP methods and in the end also meditate with Ganesh mantra atleast one time a day? It's like i really want to connect with lord ganesh. So can i do this? Or will it be too much to do the pranayama, i am mantra and ganesh mantra at one sitting?

Hi Iseekbalance,

If you feel such a strong connection with Ganesh, let him be your Guru. Ganesh will help you.

After having my own practice for years, I found AYP last year, so my practice is a combination of my own and AYP. What I do is start with my favorite mantra of the day, that will vary, depending on how I feel. This morning it was Ganesh Mantra Ganesh removes obstakels, in daily live and spiritual. I use the mantra before my AYP SB an DM practice, and sing it outwards. This is not AYP recommended, but you can try this for a few weeks. See what works for you. If you do also asana practice you can for instance use your favorite mantra before or after this practice.

Do not change or combine to many in one time, take one step, practice this for a few weeks, so that it is really comfortable, see what it does for you, then take another step. This way, you will learn to know how practice works for you, everybody is unique. I am not promoting to combine practices but:

Ganesh is your Ishta, adore him!!!

Enjoy your practice,

Edited by - Charliedog on Jun 24 2015 06:26:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Before

Hong Kong
11 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2015 :  05:45:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How did you feel in this combination? Is there any symptom of getting overload? I think it is ok to combine anything as long as there is stable and good effect. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000