Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Questions about SBP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reidmantra

United Arab Emirates
57 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2015 :  5:47:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everyone! I just did SBP for my first time today and as you can probably guess, I have some questions. No surprise there! For the longest time, SBP is something that I have been (and still am) somewhat afraid to practice. I am simply testing the water to see what it is like. I looked at Yogani's instructions and sat down to practice. I am not adding any of the enhancements just the rudimentary basics. Now for the first question: Is it absolutely necessary to breath deeply when practicing the technique? I am not able to take deep breaths due to certain physical restrictions, so if the technique relies solely on that to make it work then I don't think I can practice it. Can it still be practiced (and work) if a person can't take a deep breath in and out? The second question I have has to do with whether spinal breathing has been used by people with mental illness and if so, did the energy that spinal breathing generates cause their mental illness to improve or worsen? Thirdly, are there people that practice SBP over time and have their meditation and samyama practice deepen and improve but DON'T EVER feel tingling, energy, or bliss going through their bodies? Thank you in advance for answering my questions!!

Namaste! -Reidmantra
Ps. I posted yesterday about trouble with DM and wanted to thank Karl for his interesting observation. Karl I hope you see this post.

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2015 :  11:06:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Reidmantra!
You are doing exactly what you are supposed to do: Be relaxed and breath easily, without discomfort. Follow with your attention the rise of energy in the spinal nerve, from the perineum to the third eye, and then back. Do not worry about the rest of the enhancements for now. The sensations (tingling, bliss, energy, etc.) are only scenes in the journey - they have no spiritual significance. Make sure your SBP practice is not too long at the beginning, until you master it, and get to see how it works for you.

I am not aware specifically of the effects of SBP on mental illness. I expect that SBP should bring some calm and relaxation. However, the deep meditation will be even more powerful after SBP. If there are any mental problems or personal traumas, the meditation might bring them up to the surface. The regular busy life tends to mask many psychological problems. The meditation calms the mind, and any psychological issues tend to show up. Each of us goes through this, more or less. For some of us, awareness and maybe talking things over with a friend is enough to deal with the problems. Other people might need more support, including professional help. When the effect of practice interferes with your normal life, it is time to get help.
Take it easy, and enjoy it!

Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2015 :  12:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Blanch has answered very nicely, agree with everything she has said and would like to tell you more about energetic scenery.

In this body everything is very energetic and Blanche is correct it has not added 1 inch to my stature. Often it is experienced but it gives way to stillness and is not missed and then it returns and can be enjoyed but not saught.

I consider it a byproduct of purification uncovering the core being a little at a time and if this train of thought is followed then it likely means those of us who do have so much energetic experience are either really impure as in really deeply covered or have discovered how to really dig into our neurobiology got the feel or hang of it if you will and are scrubbing well.

What do others think?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2015 :  4:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Really excellent explanation by Blanche.
Go to Top of Page

reidmantra

United Arab Emirates
57 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2015 :  5:24:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello All! Thank you Blanche and SO-Hi for your great comments! Although I have never struggled with mental illness or needed a therapist, I asked that particular question because I was wondering if SBP is safe to practice. I have read enough comments on the forum to see how powerful the technique is, and asked my first question about breathing-depth to make sure I was doing the technique correctly and safely. I don't want to injure myself mentally or emotionally with any of these practices. I have mainly stuck to DM and samyama and have experienced many positive effects in my daily life as a result of practicing both of them. I am testing spinal breathing and seeing how it affects both my meditation and my samyama practice. I really need to go slow. By the way Bodhi-tree: Thank you for your wisdom and encouragement ever since I found this forum and discovered deep meditation. I am not just singling you out though, I want to thank (everyone) who has responded to me. Peace and blessings to all of you!!! Namaste. - Reidmantra
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2015 :  6:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000