AYPsite.org Forum
 Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Paul Brunton
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  8:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This man was in tune...check it out...

"It is not the tyranny of the ego which is to be removed most of all--although that is a necessary part of the Great Work, nor is it that the ego must be uprooted and killed forever, although its old self must surrender to the new person it has to become. No--let it live and attend to its daily work but only as a purified being, an ennobled character or quietened mind, an enlightened man--in short, a new ego representing what is best in the human creature. He will still be an "I" but one that is in harmony with the Overself, a descriptive name that ought to be kept and not discarded. So do not in your writings attack the ego as so many do, but lift it up to the highest possibility."

He's very much in line with Yogani's portrayal of the ego as a vehicle to enlightenment.

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  3:00:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed

I'm almost done reading The Short Path to Enlightenment. It's very direct and authentic. A real gem!

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  4:54:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. I'm currently reading his one about his trip to Egypt. Love it.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - May 20 2015 :  08:18:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Paul Brunton's "Secret India" was one of the first books I read about yogis. Brunton's memoir about his spiritual journey to meet his master Ramana Maharshi has always been a sourse of inspiration for me. Thanks for sharing, Bodhi Tree!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 20 2015 :  11:21:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome, Blanche!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000