Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Being Comfortable with siddhasana?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nacho3036

Chile
6 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  4:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've started 1 1/2 month ago with this yoga practices. I find very comfortable doing the spinal breathing with Mulabandha and Sambhavi Mudra for 10 minutes, and Deep Meditation for 20 minutes.

I Could go for a lot more and with more repetitions a day, but im doing it twice a day how Yogani recomends. Because of this I decided to take on siddhasana.

The strange thing is that i got used to it almost inmedeatly. Well the first 3 days it was hard to maintain the posture but now i found it really eassy. I really like the ectasy of the position, sometime I'm doing something else but I want to sit down and meditate with that possition, it feels really goos and it has improved my sitting practices. But it was all too easy. Am I doing it wrong then? Why is it that its been easy to feel comfortable and Yogani said it would take me months?

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  8:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Nacho

We are all different; while siddhasana may easy for you, it can prove quite difficult for others. It was hard for me to reign in my Bhakti in the beginning as nothing much seemed to be happening. Just because it is easy now, make sure it becomes well established in your practice before taking on more practices. Sometimes effects of new practices can be delayed and you want stability for the long run.

Welcome to the forum and keep up the good work!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000