Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Foam cushion: The best for meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2015 :  3:22:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I started many years ago meditation using a zen zafu, but then I realized that it was difficult for me to remain in the same posture for long because my butt hurt. After that I used common cushions and they were softer and better. However after a 10-day retreat and 10 hours of meditation each day sitting in a foam cushion, I can say that I have found the perfect cushion for me to achieve stillness in asana, because my butt didn't hurt not even once.

I use:
- instead of a zafuton I use 1 unit of foam of 70x90x7 cm
- instead of a zafu (on top of the zafuton) I use:
1 unit of foam of 45x30x10 cm
2 units of foam of 45x30x5 cm
According to your weight and constitution add or quit or change the height as you need.
My wife only needs the zafuton and then 1 unit of foam of 45x30x10 cm.

Have a good sitting

Edited by - Will Power on Apr 27 2015 3:23:42 PM

joseph

117 Posts

Posted - May 02 2015 :  5:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cheers for the recommendation. I do like my zen zafu but not so good for asanas. Where did you get the foam cushions?
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - May 02 2015 :  6:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks.
With asanas I meant sitting asanas, like Siddhasana.
I got them at a local store where they sell materials for cushions. They cut them with the measurements that I gave them.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000