Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Could need some guidance (meditation problems)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  11:50:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hi,

Ive been on this forums years ago and i adopted the AYAM mantra for my daily meditation. I started to meditate about 6 years ago and since 3 years every meditation attempt leads to greatly irritation and nervousness - though the meditation itself is mostly very deep and relaxing.

Ive tried a lot in these 3 years, as i always supposed an emotional block behind these symptoms. And a lot has happened, but the symptoms stay the same. Now someone mentioned Kundalini and as i never thought about that, i thought im gonna ask you guys.

With the mentioning of Kundalini i also made the connection to this burning sensation under my skin since years (got used to it). I also cant drink coffee or beer anymore... 1 beer and i feel sick and get nightmares. I also feel like on the edge of my mental capacity... often in the evening every sound or touch feels like pinpricks.

I guess its not all Kundalini related and indeed a blockage. Im just hoping someone here has a hint on how to move forward, as im growing sick of not being able to meditate... as most of the positive effects of meditation slowly faded away with time.

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  12:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Panthau

It sounds like the I AM meditation was too much for you. What have you tried in the way of self-pacing? Have you tried to reduce the time of the sessions? And was it just DM you were doing 3 years ago or did you have other practices in your routine?

I suggest you read Lesson 367 - Suggestions for Over-Sensitive Meditators. Replacing I AM with the breath as meditation object is definitely worth a try.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on May 03 2015 12:32:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  12:39:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey BlueRaincoat, thanks for your reply. I tried replacing the mantra with focusing on the breathing, but that didnt help. Also the length of the meditation doesnt seem to have any influence - more the depth. I meditated nearly 3 years with I AM, can it become suddenly too much? My normal meditation routine was between 20-40mins a day, never longer. So i cant say i overdid it...
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  1:01:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it can suddenly feel like it is too much because the effects of practices accumulate over time.
20 mins twice a day is the average meditation time, but some people need far less than that - we vary a lot in our sensitivity level.

I would try breath focused meditation in 10 minutes sittings with a good 10 minutes rest afterwards.

Also lots of grounding activities. And try to make peace with the irritation/nervousness and physical sensations you are experiencing. Make sure you don't fall into a spiral of avoidance, with endless efforts to block or run away from these feelings. They are part of your purification process – accept them for what they are.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on May 03 2015 1:06:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1535 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  02:54:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Pantau,

Did you at any point introduce Spinal Breathing Pranayama (SBP)? Or did you just stick to DM? The two practices go together hand-in-glove and provide balance to each other.
20 - 40 mins of DM (AYAM) is way too much and yes, 3 yrs down the line you would hit a brick wall.
I would suggest you take a break for a week if you are not doing so already, then start again, following instructions more carefully this time, and introduce SBP before your DM and rest is also very important. I hope you are resting enough. I hope it does the trick.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000