Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 A kundalini story
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jacquic

Australia
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  06:09:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I've never really used forums actually so it's all new to me.

I am here because a kind soul shared this website, after reading my kundalini story on my blog.
I am here because I experienced a kundalini awakening, and I've had no-one to share my story with, because I've had no-one to understand. I wrote my story on my blog last week, this is the link if you're interested in reading:

http://www.dustycountryroad.com/2015/04/awake.html

This account is very much 'as it happened', a spontaneous kundalini awakening. I say spontaneous in that I wasn't expecting it; in hindsight, I have been on the path for it for a long time, and in the month before my awakening, I was experiencing extreme healing/releasing/spiritual growth, the direct result of a miscarriage and the trauma I experienced in that situation. That was my change, my energetic shift.

I really just want to talk to someone (or write online) about this experience because life is so different now and there is no-one I know to really talk about it with. No-one who would understand.

I also want to share my experience in the hope that it may help someone else, some day. After my initial awakening, I went googling trying to work out what had happened, and there were only a handful of accounts that I could find to read. Reliable information was hard to come by, really.

Dogboy

USA
2203 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  09:18:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Jacquic, blessings to you!

I believe you have come to the right place to help you come to terms with this dramatic experience. I commend you in your ability to surrender and not to fight, for if you are open to the kundalini and let it perform its work, your life will be easier to manage. This forum has a plethora of information at your disposal via the search engine. If you don't have a meditation practice, you may consider beginning one. By exploding Inner Silence, you have access to the Source; all the answers reside there. Click the "Start Lessons Here" link on the left side of the page.

Again, I welcome your voice and perspective and I enjoy your writing style.

Edit: wording

Edited by - Dogboy on Apr 18 2015 09:19:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  10:16:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jacqui
Confirming Dogboy's comment, you write beautifully... and I smelled incense while reading your blog account. Please stay a while and continue to keep us updated regarding your kundalini journey. Very enjoyable reading. I love your approach and the way you describe your spontaneous awakening. Sharing your experience will definitely be helpful to others. Thank you for doing so. You are most welcome here.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  10:47:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jacquic, welcome!

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  12:00:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jacqui,

It is great that you had an awakening and great that you could share it so openly. You mention that you could not find many other accounts of kundalini awakenings and this is because many people do not choose to share the experience publicly. This is often partly due to the difficulty in putting words to the experience and also partly because it is something that is so far out of our shared experience that it is difficult to know where to start.

Many of the things that you describe are typical of a kundalini awakening. The movement of the spine, the sensation of energy vibrating, the vision of rotating wheels, hearing the omkara sound (Om) etc.

Certainly kundalini is not something that is limited to any one spiritual tradition. Anyone can go through a kundalini awakening regardless of the spiritual practices they do and even people who have no spiritual practice at all. The Tibetan Buddhists have their own word for it which is "Tummo". I believe the word simply means "heat" which would be "tapas" in Sanskrit, but they use it to refer to a process of spiritual transformation as well as referring to something hot. Interestingly the word "tapas" in sanskrit also means "spiritual practice" as well as "heat". And Tibetan is linguistically about as different from Sanskrit as you can get.

And, yes, you are also right, that what you experienced was just the beginning of the process of kundalini. It is a process which lasts for many years with many amazing transformations happening along the way.

If you want to gain a good understanding of the process of transformation that happens during the kundalini process I would recommend reading the main lessons on this website starting here:

http://www.aypsite.org/10.html

The practices described will be a bit different from those you will be used to from the Tibetan Buddhist tradition, but maybe not that different. At the end of the day it is one process of transformation regardless of the tradition we practice in.

I have written something about kundalini on my own site here:

http://secretsofyoga.org/kundalini.html

At the moment on that page there is even a picture of a lady surrounded by 5 coloured wheels and in Tibetan it reads :"Om Mani Padme Hum". Coincidence?

All the best,

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  05:05:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jacquic

I am here because I experienced a kundalini awakening, and I've had no-one to share my story with, because I've had no-one to understand. I wrote my story on my blog last week, this is the link if you're interested in reading:
http://www.dustycountryroad.com/2015/04/awake.html

Hi jacquic,

Welcome! Thank you for writing, I am sure your writing can be helpful to others. You received already good advises from Dogboy and Christy.
Just wanna say that I also experienced a spontaneous kundalini awakening, did not do yoga or other spiritual practices then. I do believe that stress and reaching the point of not knowing what to do anymore to get out of a situation can awake you. That is real surrender, and in my case all issues of my life came up, one by one. Like the clouds in comicbooks, and they pointed at me. Asking to be handled NOW.... sorry for my simple English.
That was 10 years ago, and my life changed, yes it did in every way. At that moment I did not know what was happening, it felt like a complete breakdown, but now I can say it was a breakthrough.
That was the beginning of living as a complete human being, not running away for anything anymore, no fear, facing truth as it is.
Go to Top of Page

jacquic

Australia
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  06:04:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Charliedog,

Thank you so much for writing.

In my situation, I absolutely reached a point of acceptance. For my energetic shift, I thought I might die. I absolutely fought against that because I have a little boy, and I didn't want him to lose his mother. But there was absolutely nothing I could do to change any of it, so I had to accept it, I had no choice but to accept it. Similar to your term of surrender, I think.

And your story sounds very similar - one issue after another, coming up to be dealt with NOW. That is what happened in the 4 weeks between my energetic shift and my awakening experience. Funny that you describe it exactly as I describe it. I believe the awakening experience itself was a culmination of having faced probably all of the 'big issues' in my life, the energy just flowing with all those blockages removed. I think my years of being on the spiritual path prepared me well for the experience, but the whole energetic shift thing really did happen with a bang.

I would not change a thing now. My life is extremely different in just a short amount of time, but I know all of the changes are needed. My life has improved dramatically, too. I am unburdened, am free.

Even your last sentence there is exactly how I would describe my situation. So I won't re-write it :)

It's so good to hear about your experience, it resonates so strongly with my own. Thank you again.
Go to Top of Page

jacquic

Australia
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  06:18:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

That picture on your site is amazing. A lovely coincidence.

Thank you for the link to the lesson, I appreciate you sharing that. I actually don't strictly follow any one set of practices; my early years with Tibetan Buddhist teachings were such a good, solid, perfect grounding, but I have developed following other spiritual paths as well (I would say traditional usui reiki would be the second biggest influence). Interestingly yoga is the one I have had no calling to. I absolutely agree with you - the process of transformation thing is about being human, rather than being of this faith or practicing that religion or whatever.

You know, I just had the Tibetan symbol for Om tattooed on me, it was nice to see it again on your site.

Thanks so much for replying to me, I truly appreciate it.

Edit: spelling

Edited by - jacquic on Apr 19 2015 06:29:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

jacquic

Australia
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  06:30:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Dogboy, I can't tell you how grateful and relieved I am to have finally found a place to talk all this stuff.

The term I use is acceptance, very similar to your surrender I think, and I would say that it was the work of my spiritual path up until that point that prepared we to be able to do that. That path included the Tibetan Buddhist teachings and also traditional Usui Reiki.

I have a solid meditation practice now, absolutely. I had not been in regular meditation for a couple of years before it happened (since becoming a parent, really) but going back before that, I was a meditator. But I couldn't cope without my meditation now, I crave it.

Thank you for your warm welcome. I'm just so happy to be here.
Go to Top of Page

jacquic

Australia
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  06:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by parvati9

Hi Jacqui
Confirming Dogboy's comment, you write beautifully... and I smelled incense while reading your blog account. Please stay a while and continue to keep us updated regarding your kundalini journey. Very enjoyable reading. I love your approach and the way you describe your spontaneous awakening. Sharing your experience will definitely be helpful to others. Thank you for doing so. You are most welcome here.

love
parvati

Hi Parvati,

Thank you so much for replying. I love that you smelled incense while reading my story! I really am very happy to be here, I feel like - finally - I have found somewhere to talk about this and know that people understand. I will be around a while I think.

wishing you much love and light ~ jacquic
Go to Top of Page

jacquic

Australia
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  06:36:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ecdyonurus

Hi Jacquic, welcome!

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Hi Ecdyonurus, thank you! I appreciate the welcome, truly.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  2:37:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forums, jacquic. Your blog is so eloquently written. I went through similar spiritual experiences five years ago with my first pregnancy. You handled it very well. I not so much. Blogs like yours helped me put together what was going on. I'm very limited with English language and cannot put down is words all that went on. I envy your talent.

It changed me dramatically as well.

The lessons in AYP and the guru in you will guide you for the rest of your journey.

Good Luck to you my dear!

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Apr 24 2015 2:39:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2015 :  4:51:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jacquic

Thanks for sharing your awakening journey.
Mine was similar experience in January of 2013. I also left i am going to die before the awakeing happened with the blessings of Guru.
Welcome to the forum

Blessings

PKJ
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000