Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Healer? 12 years of burning roof of mouth
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ishia77

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2015 :  7:18:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, first post here, be gentle :)

I spent the last couple of hours typing a post including answers to all the questions in the sticky ... and then accidentally hit the back button!! Perhaps it was a sign that it would be better to talk about this in private if someone knowledgeable in this area would be kind enough to offer.

I've had a burning for the last 12 years at the back of the mouth that often occurs when I speak. For the last decade I've had to be mostly silent because of this. To be honest, it's actually broken my heart for reasons I won't go into here. If anyone is a true healer or knows of an authentic one willing to speak with me from a distance, words would not be able to express my gratitude.

Thank you for reading this.

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2015 :  08:00:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to you. An external healer can help of course. But the majority of the healing is inner healing which has to be done in your body/mind. Trust in God to lead you to the right path.
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2015 :  08:52:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ishia77, welcome!

Did you ask a doctor? That could also have a simple physical reason.

I also had a similar issue for se years until I found out that this was because I was snoring a lot. The burning disappeared the very night I found a solution for my snoring problem.

Edited by - Ecdyonurus on Apr 16 2015 09:00:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ishia77

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2015 :  10:05:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ecdyonurus

Hi Ishia77, welcome!

Did you ask a doctor? That could also have a simple physical reason.

I also had a similar issue for se years until I found out that this was because I was snoring a lot. The burning disappeared the very night I found a solution for my snoring problem.

Thanks Ecdyonurus :)

Yeah the last 10 years have been an endless parade of doctors, surgeries, medications, alternative practitioners, supplements, diets, exercise ... the list goes on. I mean this thing has basically taken away much of my speech.

To be honest I feel like I am falling apart, when I think about this stuff a tremendous sadness descends on me and it's just gotten far beyond my ability to handle.

Could I ask what symptoms you had with regards to the burning and snoring, could you tell me more about it? I haven't explored that option but when I was at the dentist last week she suggested it. I wrote it off though as the 24 hr pH study showed I didn't have much Reflux at night.

jusmail: I'm sorry but that feels like just words to me (no offence man). If I had that ability I wouldn't be here.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2015 :  7:55:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually you have too many complications. Your second post makes this very clear. We do have a group samyama every weekend. If you are interested, you can add your name to be the recipient of the group healing. More details here:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1565
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  04:00:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ishia77, my symptoms were a burning on the soft palate like when a bad cold begins, sometimes the palate was very sore like and painfull. Actually I found out that the snoring was putting a lot of pressure/strain on the whole area. As soon as the snoring stopped tge symptoms disappeared. So it was simply a physical, even mechanical issue.

Now, your problems look more serious than mine. But you will find a solution!
Go to Top of Page

Ishia77

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  04:13:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jusmail

Actually you have too many complications. Your second post makes this very clear. We do have a group samyama every weekend. If you are interested, you can add your name to be the recipient of the group healing. More details here:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1565

Thank you very much jusmail, that's extremely kind of you. I've added my name.
Go to Top of Page

Ishia77

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  04:18:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ecdyonurus

Hi Ishia77, my symptoms were a burning on the soft palate like when a bad cold begins, sometimes the palate was very sore like and painfull. Actually I found out that the snoring was putting a lot of pressure/strain on the whole area. As soon as the snoring stopped tge symptoms disappeared. So it was simply a physical, even mechanical issue.

Now, your problems look more serious than mine. But you will find a solution!

Thanks very much I will definitely look into this. I've actually no idea if I snore because I live alone. How did you end up stopping it? The dentist suggested a 'sleep study' (where presumably you have to stay in a clinic over night, if possible I'd really prefer not having to do one of those.

Thank you for your good wishes.

Edit: tried the app you mentioned last night, I don't snore but just toss and turn a lot during the night (once or twice every hour). Also didn't realize just how many planes fly overhead.

Edited by - Ishia77 on Apr 20 2015 07:37:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  04:38:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ishia77

quote:
Originally posted by Ishia77
I've been asked not to do meditations from books/websites, I must respect that.

IMO it would be good if you found some way to establish a meditation practice. I think that is a more sustainable solution than going to a healer - it's the difference between being given a fish and being taught to fish yourself.

I hope you find a solution to the problem. All the best.
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  04:52:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can record yourself by using a smartphone app (I used the app SleepTalk, but there are many - at first I did not believe my wife as she td me that my snoring had become very loud, but some nights of that app recording really impressed me...).

I solved the snoring issue by using a very smart tool developed by a local Swiss company (a spin off from a sleep research institute of an hospital). But there are many possible tools, it is crucial to find one that really fits in your anathomy. Also there is snoring and snoring - many different causes and different solitions.
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  04:59:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
By the way: if the origin of your issues is spiritual as you believe, I would check and maybe change your spiritual practices. You cod be overdoing or need a more balanced practice. It is just a suggestion.
Go to Top of Page

Ishia77

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  07:22:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

IMO it would be good if you found some way to establish a meditation practice.

Ecdyonurus was right I think, in that initially it came on from overdoing it (10+ hours a night). I'd been warned to slow down but I didn't take the warning seriously at the time (I thought it was more like your mum telling you to be careful at school). So now I seem to be stuck with this. I've tried slowing down (I don't do that amount any more) but it doesn't help, and stopping altogether would feel like dying and be very dangerous.

On a lighter note thank you for the app Ecdyonurus, great idea! :) The examples of SleepTalk on iTunes are very funny.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  08:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Isha,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having.

It is difficult to give any advice as we don't know what your spiritual practices are but if you feel that it is your practices that are causing the problem, then I would certainly recommend cutting down on what you are doing or stopping altogether for a while. It certainly would not be dangerous at all to do that, whatever you have been told.

That would give you a chance to see if it is actually your practices that are the culprit. If they are, your symptoms will gradually subside and eventually clear up altogether. You would then be in a position to resume your practices gently and to find a point of balance where you are making progress without discomfort, or to try a different spiritual practice which does not produce these side effects.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  09:27:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So you had a guru in the flesh who told you to slow down and you've still overdone it? I think I begin to understand why it's not a good idea for you to take up practices from books and websites.

I would follow Christi's advice though.

All the best!
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  10:06:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
BRC that's harsh dude

But Ishia in general it's difficult for us to say anything without knowing your actual practice. And self pacing doesn't seem to be an option you said, so any standard AYP advice is also useless in this situation.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  10:18:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sorry if it sounded harsh. I did not mean it that way. I will apply the chastising to myself as well, as I too have to keep in check a tendency to overdo. Yes, it's easily done.
Apologies again.
I do hope it will all come good, Ishia77
Go to Top of Page

jacquic

Australia
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  06:05:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ishia, I'm new here too :)

Can I make a simple suggestion?

When that burning in your mouth happens, can you sit with it? Can you fully open up to experiencing it, without letting the pain/annoyance /whatever be the focus of your attention? Can you focus on the sensation, look at it, embrace it rather than turn away from it?

I have found for myself that some energy blockages have resulted in physical symptoms, that have gone on for years. I am finding that this helps relieve the physical symptoms, or eliminate them entirely. Being able to sit with whatever sensation arises, fully open to it, is effective for shifting energy blockages.

I say that as you mention it started during a meditation.

wishing you much love and light
Go to Top of Page

Ishia77

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  06:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi: That's a really thoughtful and rational response, thank you.

BlueRaincoat: Apology accepted :) The books and websites issue is unrelated and due to a difference in ideology but let's leave it there. Peace and good luck to you too.
Go to Top of Page

Ishia77

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  07:20:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ak33

...self pacing doesn't seem to be an option you said, so any standard AYP advice is also useless in this situation.

I know man, I just thought I'd try. I honestly think the burning situation may be hopeless unless there is a healer out there who can actually 'see' what is really going on and possibly help. I know that people with siddhis are not the be all and end all, that it's not the aim but after 12 years of this and exhausting the medical option one is pretty much ready to seek out anything with a chance of helping.

There's a lot of good things that have come about that I haven't said here, so much so that this could be the very definition of 'not seeing the wood for the trees'. I just have not been able to find a way to let go and live with this.
Go to Top of Page

Ishia77

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  07:38:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jacquic

Hi Ishia, I'm new here too :)

Can I make a simple suggestion?

When that burning in your mouth happens, can you sit with it? Can you fully open up to experiencing it, without letting the pain/annoyance /whatever be the focus of your attention? Can you focus on the sensation, look at it, embrace it rather than turn away from it?

Hi Jacquic =o)

It's interesting that you said that right as I was typing out the other reply about not being able to make peace with it. Maybe you picked up or tuned into something there ...

I'll try it tonight.

It sounds similar to some things I've read in biographies of great souls in the past, where they did not take medicine but rather just experienced that karma instead of fighting it. Perhaps it might work for lowly mortals too ;)

I really appreciate you suggesting this, let me just say a simple thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  5:02:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Christi: That's a really thoughtful and rational response, thank you. I have actually stopped in the past though and also gone through periods where I cut it down to almost nothing. It didn't help, I think the damage may be permanent.

Hi Ishia,

Nothing is permanent in this world.

If you have tried stopping your spiritual practices for some time and there is no change in your condition then that would point to a medical condition being the cause. That would also tie in with the fact that it has been going on for so long. As I mentioned above, kundalini symptoms tend to change over a much shorter time scale.

If the doctors really are not able to understand what is going on, or cure you, then certainly, as Jacqui suggests, making peace with your condition is a very beautiful thing to be able to do.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  11:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ishia77,

I see you have tried many alternative healings. I know how this goes, I spent years trying to heal acid reflux, which you say may have been or is involved for you. It was manageable but then got worse and I was waking in panic 3 or 4 times a night as the acid burnt my vagus nerve and went up my throat.

What finally worked for me is not an immediate solution I am sorry to say, it would be yet another journey. Yet since you asked, it is all I personally have to offer beyond what has been said here. What finally worked to fix my symptoms (I later discovered the physical cause remained behind) was healing myself in a lucid dream. The full story is in my journal on this site, but the summary is that I read a book called Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self by Robert Waggoner. I had the advantage of having already learned to lucid dream, but the book teaches you how to do it as well. Then it took me 2 tries before it actually worked, so I waited a month since reading the method.

In summary, you have a lucid dream and remember you want to heal yourself. Ideally you have mentally practiced the healing in advance but this is not really needed as long as you have intent. In the dream, you summon healing energy to your hands and apply the energy to the affected area with the intent to heal. You may also choose to have an "incantation". As I was suffering from GERD, the first time I tried to heal myself I had chosen "By the power of Word, I heal my GERD". Yet when I got in the dream, my subconsious thought better of this and I said instead "By the power of Grace, heal this space" as I touched my chest and rubbed in a salve.

That attempt did not work too well, but the second attempt it fixed the worst of my symptoms almost overnight. I have been sleeping fine now for 10 months now.

Told a friend who also had lucid dreams about the book and without reading it he tried this method for his chronic daily shoulder pain. He had this every day for 3 years, despite being a medical doctor himself. On his very first lucid dream he produced a huge Harry Potter like white light and woke the next morning pain free and has remained so ever since.

So that is what I have FWIW. Experienced mediators can learn to lucid dream more easily than the average person. Hopefully getting added to the Samyama list here will cure you straight away and in the meantime sending you some healing energy as well

Edited by - technoyogi on Apr 19 2015 04:04:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ishia77

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  06:00:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've sent you a PM Jacquic :)

quote:
Originally posted by technoyogi

What finally worked to fix my symptoms (I later discovered the physical cause remained behind) was healing myself in a lucid dream.

That's an amazing story man. I've read a little bit about it (on Reddit haha), there was a post there giving instructions on how to do it but the comment section freaked me out a bit because it was filled with warnings that this particular method actually induces a state where you are awake or aware but cannot move in some sort of sleep paralysis. Lots of people reported horrendous nightmares ... Couldn't find the link but here is a similar one.

I'm actually not very good at controlling the mind (what I do would be very different to here). That's actually part of the problem as the worrying/stressing about it is much worse than the pain itself. As a teenager I tried LSD and the internal mental journey that happened there was just about one of the worst experiences I can remember.
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2015 :  11:49:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ishia77, nice you tried that app - a very cheap but effective way to check if you snore.

By the way, toss&turn as you describe is normal and even healthy. Imagine laying the whole night without movement at all - you would have damages on body tissue and nerves.
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2015 :  01:05:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ishia77, yeah, I have had sleep paralysis a number of times. I actually tried to induce it on purpose many times, and then had out of body experiences from that state which were really cool and memorable experiences.

That said, I did have one or two that were a bit freaky, but since I knew what they were I just rode it out. It was interesting, because in one it sounded like there were creatures scurrying all around my room, and it would always give me shivers, yet the shivers were pleasurable because of the way my mind interpreted it. Sort of the whole nothing is either bad or good yet thinking makes it so kinda thing. And I can tell you quite assuredly that no sleep paralysis would ever be as bad as what you described with your LSD trip.

Lucid dreaming techniques as taught in the book though would likely never induce sleep paralysis. Its more things like remembering to stop and ask yourself throughout the day if you are dreaming. Then you do a quick check called a "reality check", its like a test. For example, a simple reality check is to try breathing through your pinched nose. If you cant do it, you then say, "OK, I must be awake". But the moment you have a dream and you are conditioned to try this same check you WILL be able to breath through your pinched nose, and then you will say "WHOAAAAA!!! I am dreaming. And I KNOW I am dreaming, this is crazy. And AWESOME!!!" And you will be really excited but then you would have to remember to try to heal yourself instead of trying to go off flying or exploring which will be the first instinct lol.

Anyway, long winded way of saying I think you have nothing to worry about with lucid dreaming. With sleep paralysis or lucid dreaming you are lucky for either to last more than say 15 minutes I would guess, so even if somehow the content was bad it would be short, and you can also likely wake yourself up...
Go to Top of Page

Ishia77

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2015 :  06:08:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alright, sounds like it's worth a shot! Hope you don't mind if I send you an email :)

Ecdyonurus: Yeah that app was really useful actually because this was something I was going to explore, sure beats staying overnight in a sleep clinic!! Thanks for the info about tossing and turning during sleep, I didn't know that.

Edited by - Ishia77 on Apr 22 2015 06:11:47 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000