AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Journals
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2015 :  12:19:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

At this forum I read several journals, wish I found them years ago, they can be very helpful

I started years ago with writing down my experiences for myself and that gave me so many insights. Automatic writing.... I wrote the issue that came down and what happened was that automatically I wrote to a happening in the past, sometimes in childhood and then I recognized it. The same issue over and over again in more subtle ways but still the same issue. Wanting to please everybody in several parts of my life.
Also the physical and subtle sensations of my Yoga practice I wrote down.....very very helpful. I thought it would be helpful to keep them, but at this moment I came to a point to burn them all. I wrote with a pen in journal books, the problems are gone, and why keeping them in books.....
Still writing but different, no problems, just writing.....about life.
When I write I am in a kind of meditative state, and the writing happens by itself, not thinking only writing.
Is there anyone who recognizes this?

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2015 :  1:49:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, same experiences here. Patterns emerge very clearly in journals. I used to write almost everyday, but the need to write slowly dropped away.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2015 :  1:50:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Charliedog

By writing and burning you have performed a powerful act of purification. I hope you are not mourning the loss. Automatic writing requires surrender to manifest, and is a gift from the Divine. Your writing practice is another tool in your yogic toolbox, how wonderful for you!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2015 :  3:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

There is this lesson on journaling: http://www.aypsite.org/395.html

Agreed, it is a very useful practice. The lesson ties in with the one before on satsang (spiritual community) and with the one after on the pros and cons of spiritual online forums.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2015 :  5:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amen to that, Charliedog. It's a great way to get in the zone without any particular agenda and to see what spills out onto the keyboard.
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2015 :  7:24:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I started a journal here, has been useful to me in seeing where i have been and course adjust about where I am going. Without it I think I would forget certain little realizations or subtleties that come to me during the practice.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2015 :  09:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your reactions! I did it, yesterday I burned my problem journals. It felt like a ceremony, chanting a mantra inside No mourning the loss Dogboy.

Thank you Yogani for that lesson! I missed that one and now read it and recognize it all, I'll go on writing because I like it and it helps me. Sometimes I wake up in the night and there are visions, they are so clear and when I go back to sleep they disappear, when I write them down and read them, it is clear and understood. That way I received more understanding of chakra's, yantra's and the manifest of life in general. I write for myself, I blog and write meditations that I use in my yoga classes.
The writing goes on but without attachment....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000