Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Blocking and brahmacharya
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  7:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

for some time now, I have been blocking all my orgasms...I am unable to hold even a little - not much preorgasmic cultivation so - I see the orgasm and I can´t resist, I go straight forward and then I block. This happens almost everyday...am I still with this behaviour following the principles of brahmacharya and not harming my yoga? after all with the blockages I don´t lose a drop of semen/prana.

Please, I need to clarify this doubt in order to know how to pursue with my yoga, any insight is welcome!
Thanks in advance,
João

P.S: besides Tantra, I have a standard routine of AYP practices twice daily.

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  8:40:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I remember Yogani saying that the blocking method is like riding a bike with training wheels. In other words, it's not something to strive for. What we strive for is the full-body orgasm (with vajroli mudra occurring automatically). For me, in the past year, the full-body orgasm has not been a result of either solo or partner sex (I don't have a partner, and masturbation has become kind of boring). I get better orgasm/ecstasy by engaging deeply in music, nature, and actually, just very normal interactions with people at work and elsewhere. Of course, I still believe tantra with a partner can be remarkable and profound, but in lieu of that, I pursue other avenues.

All of practice, including tantra, points to refinement. That is, going from something raw and volatile to something that is more sublime and harmonious. With the amrita cycle, the sexual essence is sublimated--becoming more potent than mere fluid for biological reproduction. Literally, it is drawn upward, physically and ideologically, both within the body's system and the psyche of the mind.

Best of luck! Ecstasy is all around!
Go to Top of Page

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2015 :  09:54:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your response Bodhi Tree, but i am still with my initial doubt: is the blocking method compatible with Brahmacharya (preservation and cultivation of sexual energy)? can I continue to use blocking method - at least at this beginning stage of my spiritual development - regularly without the risk to harm my Yoga?
please, can someone clarify this?

João
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2015 :  10:09:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it's compatible with brahmacharya, and you can continue to use it as needed. I was merely trying to point out that brahmacharya goes way, way, way beyond the blocking method, and that there are ways to multi-channel your efforts. You might want to check out siddhasana as well. It's a way to sit that stimulates the flow upward.
Go to Top of Page

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2015 :  10:33:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much Bodhi Tree!

All the best!

João
Go to Top of Page

Dennis

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2015 :  4:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

I'm new and hardly an expert but I've read most of the lessons and forum posts and from what I've read, blocking sends semen into your bladder so it's better than ejaculating but not as good as holding back. But since meditation is the prime route to enlightenment, I believe blocking will help, holding back will help much more. Just my opinion.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000