Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 re: compulsive masturbation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

justaguy

USA
39 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  12:42:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit justaguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I hesitated to bring this up, but I know we are all adults here so here goes:

I have "issues" with compulsive masturbation. I'm on the autism spectrum, and for many of is, it really isn't a "sexual" thing, it is more of an emotional/energetic stimulating thing.

"it" has become so much part of a daily "thing I do" that orgasm is even "barely noticeable", i.e., it has become so habituated and normal that there is no more "intensity" "when it's done it's done"

rather than, say, try to "not" do it, which would be difficult, what are some ways that I can change the process, and start to approach it more from a tantrik viewpoint?

Sorry if this post is too graphic, but I know no other way to ask the question!

(PS, I wish there was a way, like with FB, we could know if someone responded to our post, like get an email that someone replied to it, but that doesn't exist on this forum, does it?)

regards,
Joseph

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  1:38:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you read the Tantra lessons?

In answer to your PS, I don't think there is a notification service available. I think the quickest way to check - you probably know this - is to go to your account and look at the list of topics you're involved with.
Go to Top of Page

justaguy

USA
39 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  1:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit justaguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Have you read the Tantra lessons?

In answer to your PS, I don't think there is a notification service available. I think the quickest way to check - you probably know this - is to go to your account and look at the list of topics you're involved with.

it has been a long time since I read the Tantra book I give away a lot of AYP books and buy myself new copies, are the Tantra lessons in Easy Lessons Volume One? (which I also have)

Oh and thanks, I forgot I can look up my profile and which forums I'm involved with !

Edited by - justaguy on Feb 13 2015 1:46:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  1:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Lessons T1 to T35 are in Vol. 1 of AYP Easy Lessons
T36 to t80 are In vol.2
Go to Top of Page

justaguy

USA
39 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  1:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit justaguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Yes, Lessons T1 to T35 are in Vol. 1 of AYP Easy Lessons
T36 to t80 are In vol.2

awesomesauce! thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4381 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  2:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Justaguy,

The notification thing has been suggested a few times but has been rejected as it would put too much of a strain on the server, as well as filling up people's inboxes with notification emails.

For checking to see if their are replies you can click on your user name and look at the threads you have posted in as Blueraincoat suggested. But it is not always that accurate. Another method is to click on the Active Topics link at the top of this page and that will show you all the threads that have been posted in since you last visited the forum.

Christi

p.s. All the tantra lessons (T1 to T80) are on this site as well.
Go to Top of Page

justaguy

USA
39 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  2:45:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit justaguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Active Topics, yeah cool, that works best, thank you !
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  5:39:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Justaguy, welcome to you!

The basic idea behind tantra is to allow your natural sexual energy to flow upward in the shusumna, not outward through ejaculation. Us old guys have it a lot easier than you young yogis, with your sexual metabolism in high gear.

Now that you are a meditator you have the experience of directing your attention, a great advantage over someone who doesn't. Over time, as you walk yourself through the lessons, strive to become familiar with your arousal state and through your attention, direct all sensations upward, while staying in front of ejaculation. This takes a lot of practice, and failure to not ejaculate is part of the process. You'll prime your body to accomplish this automatically, and it will get easier over time.

Keep at it, but also count tantra as additional practice; SELF PACE!

All the best to you.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  5:41:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, 52 is young to me!
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  06:10:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Compulsive masturbation is simply a habit which we can grow out of. And just like getting rid of any heavily entrenched habit it may take months and years. Don't expect sudden changes, but do push yourself occasionally in the direction you really want to go.

The more enjoyment you get from spinal breathing, meditation and other spiritual practice, the less inclined you will be to masturbate and ejaculate. Its a gradual change, but to start off the process you may want to experiment with blocking ie. pushing up a couple of fingers on your perinium during ejaculation to prevent sperm from coming out. There will still be energy loss, but it won't be as much. Slowly your body will begin to adjust and so will your emotions as you will feel more confident and in control of yourself.

As people in the thread have already pointed out, the AYP tantra lessons will give you a set of tools which will slowly help you redirect the sexual desire towards your spiritual goals.

One technique which has really helped me but I don't believe is emphasized in the lessons is dynamic mula bandha. This technique really helps me to stay in front of orgasm and to avoid it completely on many occasions.

But start off with something simple so as not to discourage yourself too much and keep practicing!

Edited by - Chiron on Feb 14 2015 06:34:10 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000