Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Rising Estatic energy being lost in Mind Fantasy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2015 :  1:52:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello
I am having spontaneous extatic rising, and during sprinal breathing I am very aware of the energy. The problem is I can focus on it for a while, and I feel light filling me, but then my mind pulls the energy into some fantasy, which makes it easier to be excited and raise energy, but then I feel depleted.
Its hard to explain, and I dont really understand. Please just advise if sexual fantasy during sprinal breathing and raising kundalini is helpful or hurtful.
I am more concerned about true enlightenment than a continual orgasm.
Please advise

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2015 :  2:11:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karen

I'd advise to return to the task at hand, tracing the shushumna as you inhale and exhale. I would note the bliss, but not give in or form attachment to it. Fantasy is the mind sticking its nose into the process, trying to distract you and involve you in the scenery. This may be difficult (as it feels sooooo good!) but it is hijacking your practice.

Obviously you have active kundalini, so you may not need too much SBP before meditation. Myself, I now take a few breaths and then go right into DM. If bliss arises in DM, do the same; stick to the task of favoring the mantra (or breath). Hope that helps!

Edited by - Dogboy on Feb 07 2015 2:12:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2015 :  7:37:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dogboy,
thank you foor your note, ok so this is some sort of distraction Its just new for me to be able to spot it and actually pull myself back out of mind. By then though the rising energy has been absorbed and used by the mind, body connection.
I feel also on some level like there is an alternator switch going on, energy pulsing on and off like magnets, but its very deep and subtle. Is this just all the distractions? I just need to go back to the practice? do I need to go into that pulsing energy or just stay with the breath?
Its wonderful to have a place to come and ask these questions, thank you all.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2015 :  8:48:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When distracted within the practice, simply return to the practice, tracing the spine in SBP or return to the mantra (or breath) in DM. Outside of practice should bliss come upon you, then enjoy, explore, fantasize, ignore; that is between you and Guru. Keep in mind such dabblings act as extended practice so you should monitor your musings so as not to overload.

Frankly I have built in grounding activities into my everyday (engaging with nature and others, eating meat, exercise, etc) so as to disperse any additional energy my Bhakti may have encouraged. Often in energetic states I consciously try to share it as an offering to my ishta or, say, to my wife who is currently recovering from surgery, or my autistic daughter. This is what my Guru has advised me, and I'll be damned if it hasn't kept me stable!

Yogani has built a system that is simple to follow, and one that offers latitude to personize it. The trick is to learn not to go too fast or too far; yoga is a lot more fun when you aren't repairing damage!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  06:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by KarenVic
my mind pulls the energy into some fantasy, which makes it easier to be excited and raise energy, but then I feel depleted.

I think I recognise these. I believe they are kundalini surges and yes, they can burn you out. With practice, you will build up more stamina and you will not feel depleted. That is my experience.

I agree with Dogboy. If you can avoid indulging these fantasies (without actually repressing or fighting them), then do. I guess you have to find the balance. On the one hand trying to repress fantasies can be detrimental - you don't want to turn your practice into a thought avoidance/repressing exercise. Gently favouring the practice you are doing is the way to go.

All the best.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  08:57:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It feels good doesn't it? It feels like the best part of an orgasim. That is Mother, Shakti. Our Divine being. What happens is our mind translates the light into sexual images. What we are feeling is sexual no?

It is always lessons in letting go. Stay present in your practice and try not to grasp at the feelings. Before you know it your day's will be filled with bliss as well.

Congrats

Edited by - jonesboy on Feb 08 2015 08:58:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  6:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello and thank each of you for your note. I am finding it much easier to raise Kundalini, i have had spontaneous Yoga and esctatic experiences for a while , but until now it was really random. Now I am having this with Asanas. I had some sort of heavy mucous/cartiledge thing come from the back of my Pharnix, and now ir really feels open.

I have been doing a Tai Chi exercise called a Don you, (not sure how to spell it) but at a rail, what it does is milk the spine, I can feel it drawing the region in my Pharnix that is now opem, I feel it pulling down into my Sacrum. Its very sensual,.

All this being said, I am trying to concentrate more on Deep Meditaion, and my inner space is opening up, calm and content.. This is new in the last week, I hope it just keeps expanding.
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  6:20:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello DogBoy
I send lots of healing light and love into the silence for your and your family as your wifre recovers from surgury.
all the best
K
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  6:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000